You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant in 'speaking sense' shocker

Bob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on sipdey, you know what I mean. The odd cut inside and shot? Getting a knock-down from a corner. He doesn't fucking take all of them. Getting on the end of a cross from someone else? Like from the left-hand side?

Pennant is no goal threat at all.

Barnes and Macca, our last two quality wingers could score goals.

ALL top wingers contribute goals.

Which is why he isn't one.

He's just quite good.

I've got to be honest I've never really been bothered about 'WHO' scores goals as LONG as we score goals, for instance if pennant got 20 assists (which he is MORE than capable) then he would have been responsible directly/indirectly with 20 goals.

if you have two wingers and one score 10 goals with no assists and the other makes 20 assists who is the more effective winger?

goals have never been part of pennants game, his game has been about get chalk on his boots.

we're three games into the season, pennant has been largly responsible for our good start assists or no.

Thats what I keep asking people when they go on about him.

HOW?

Like it seems to be in vogue to have a go at some players, the same seems to be for giving players kudos. I still cant see it. A lot better than a year ago but by no means the answer for me yet.

Thats what I keep asking people when they go on about him.

HOW?

Like it seems to be in vogue to have a go at some players, the same seems to be for giving players kudos. I still cant see it. A lot better than a year ago but by no means the answer for me yet.

He was MOM on Saturday, doesn't that warrant a 'he played well'?

He was MOM on Saturday, doesn't that warrant a 'he played well'?

By who's reckoning?

He worked hard and did his job, good on him, finally he is doing that with a bit of confidence. Doesnt warrant MOM or a mass wank-bath to me.

I just think people jump on whatever certain journos or TV pundits say.

By who's reckoning?

He worked hard and did his job, good on him, finally he is doing that with a bit of confidence. Doesnt warrant MOM or a mass wank-bath to me.

I just think people jump on whatever certain journos or TV pundits say.

This forum voted him mom in the mom thread.

I agree about not blindly following any old shite written by the lazy media, but I haven't read a single paragraph about Pennant since the Sunderland game. Its all been Momo, Torres and Voronin.

pennant got no assist at the weekend but lets be honest here torres really should have scored, also pennant pushed back their fullback and streatched their defense no one is going to convince me that has no value.

True on two counts there I agree. I wouldnt say he has no value by any stretch, I am just not sure where the whole wankfest is coming from.

You know me, I will admit in time if I am wrong.....although its only been once in quite spectacular fashion!!!

True on two counts there I agree. I wouldnt say he has no value by any stretch, I am just not sure where the whole wankfest is coming from.

You know me, I will admit in time if I am wrong.....although its only been once in quite spectacular fashion!!!

Who was that 5T?

I think he has done well seeing as our only wide threat was through him on the right

Now that Bable is playing left it is harder for the opposition to cut out the supply.

He seems to now be able to play 1 on 1 instead of them being able to double up on him as was the case most of last season cut out the attitude and you could be on your way to greatness and get your dream of playing for England

I think Pennant has improved and is now an established squad member. Whether or not he will push on further and make himself indispensible to the first eleven remains to be seen, but he's doing a decent job so far this season. I'm not falling over myself with glee, but so far so good. He's nowhere near the likes of Gerrard and Torres in the 'world beater' camp, but he's doing a solid enough job so far. A few goals would be nice this season.