You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would you change about Rafa?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have played two matches. Both away. The first one we played good attacking football and showed moire oomph than last season, the second (which.you.did.not.watch) was played in searing heat and we played two up front, Gerrard in the middle, attacking outer midfielders and you still choose to moan. If you had a reasonable argument I would listen, but you haven't. You are just being a twat.

I thought we let Villa off the hook once we went ahead, don't you? I jave now watched today, and I have no complaints but think we could have beaten them by more. It was a nothing game and we on too many occassions "accept a result". Less of the name calling mate, I haven't once called you anything.

A very contraversial thread this given the opinions on here but if there was something you could change about Rafa what would it be?

I'd change his caution first footballing mentality, his obsession with "squad players" which leads me to his other obsession of rotation rotation rotation.

Otherwise he is a great coach, great manager, and someone whom I wouldn't change for anyone given his plus points far outweigh the rest.

So who is going to brave?

I want him change his clear lack of intent to attack the local weather conditions thus forcing a reduction in temperature and humidity.

Oh and he's a bit cautious in his approach to dealing with French religious holidays and subsequent kick off times, I wish he'd go after UEFA and French history with a bit more vigour and width. Which leads me to Quasimodo...

Ooh and one last thing, rotation.

I'm sick of his inability to rotate the seasons which has today forced us to play in near impossible conditions.

Apart from that...

Rash is very selective about posts he refers to.

In all the years I've read Rashid posts, regardless of the forum, he is always a bellend with an agenda. Sorry Rash but that's the way I see it.

What I'd like to change is your fucking delusion that you know better. And me ever replying to a thread of yours.

Rash is very selective about posts he refers to.

In all the years I've read Rashid posts, regardless of the forum, he is always a bellend with an agenda. Sorry Rash but that's the way I see it.

What I'd like to change is your fucking delusion that you know better. And me ever replying to a thread of yours.

The Rash doesn't reply to posts that are blatently put there to get a reaction - this is from years of practise! I have no agenda, only for us to win things playing good football.

I thought we let Villa off the hook once we went ahead, don't you? I jave now watched today, and I have no complaints but think we could have beaten them by more. It was a nothing game and we on too many occassions "accept a result". Less of the name calling mate, I haven't once called you anything.

"I have no complaints"? Apart from the complaints you mean? I dont have to wait for you to tell me to fuck off before I tell you to fuck off anyway.

Incidentally, you have in the past, and if you hadn't told so many people to fuck off in the past I wouldn't have to sift through 8,000 posts to give you evidence.

Tip for the future, if you start threads you know are controversial and you wind some people up, don't be surprised when they tell you to fuck off.

The Rash doesn't reply to posts that are blatently put there to get a reaction - this is from years of practise! I have no agenda, only for us to win things playing good football.

1. "The Rash doesn't reply to posts that are blatently put there to get a reaction" - so that's not what you just did then?

2. "The Rash"? Get to fuck, The Count talks in 3rd person and you ain't no Count.

"I have no complaints"? Apart from the complaints you mean? I dont have to wait for you to tell me to fuck off before I tell you to fuck off anyway.

Incidentally, you have in the past, and if you hadn't told so many people to fuck off in the past I wouldn't have to sift through 8,000 posts to give you evidence.

Tip for the future, if you start threads you know are controversial and you wind some people up, don't be surprised when they tell you to fuck off.

Find me the thousands of posts where I have told people to fuck off first.

As for sitting there swearing at eachother, great let's all do it. Infact we can have an orgy about it when WATB get's here.

1. "The Rash doesn't reply to posts that are blatently put there to get a reaction" - so that's not what you just did then?

2. "The Rash"? Get to fuck, The Count talks in 3rd person and you ain't no Count.

I was talking in 3rd person back in the days when the count was a human! Know your history son. :thumbsup:

A very contraversial thread this given the opinions on here but if there was something you could change about Rafa what would it be?

I'd change his caution first footballing mentality, his obsession with "squad players" which leads me to his other obsession of rotation rotation rotation.

Otherwise he is a great coach, great manager, and someone whom I wouldn't change for anyone given his plus points far outweigh the rest.

So who is going to brave?

Firstly I dont agree he is cautious, he plays to win with whats at his disposal. We attack teams and create many chances, its often just a case of being more clinical.

Secondly, he rotates to keep players fresh. As fans we want a successful side who compete for the title and have strong cup runs. When we have a squad as strong as we do now, with so many options, I dont understand why any fan would complain. You should read this article regarding Rafa and rotation, it should put an end to any stupid complaints.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/a_NG156624070808-1304.shtml

I want him change his clear lack of intent to attack the local weather conditions thus forcing a reduction in temperature and humidity.

Oh and he's a bit cautious in his approach to dealing with French religious holidays and subsequent kick off times, I wish he'd go after UEFA and French history with a bit more vigour and width. Which leads me to Quasimodo...

Ooh and one last thing, rotation.

I'm sick of his inability to rotate the seasons which has today forced us to play in near impossible conditions.

Apart from that...

Yeah forgot about all that, he also said "i have asked FIFA, UEFA and the Premier League can i play 12 or 13 players, but they said no". Fucking hell Rafa argue a bit harder will you mate.

Behave Cardie, or I will be forced to bring up your year old threads were you're slagging everybody and questionning Rafa at every turn.

Feel free, you say it like you're the only one with access to a search function. If people want to read what I've said they know how.

For example - I was critical of one of our first games of the season two years ago when, needing a goal and having played all game with one upfront, we brought on a second striker only to play him on the wing. Perhaps you'd like to drag up posts from the first ten games of the season last year when I was critical of the teams away form, with good reason, and that we'd blown our chance of the title (which we had).

Equally you may like to bring up posts from the 4-1 deafeat to Chelsea when I was anything but critical.

What you won't find is me complaining about 'only' winning a game 1-0 and moaning about the style of play during a ame I didn't even watch.

Rash, Benitez has been a manager for a long time now and has won alot of trophies playing the way he does. Even if you ignore his time at Valencia and just look at his time here you've had three years to see how he works and realise that

A) He rotates and that's not going to change

B) His football philosophy is different to Wengers and he puts emphasise on controlling games and keeping possesion

C) He's not interested in Quaresma.....or Aimar.

Firstly I dont agree he is cautious, he plays to win with whats at his disposal. We attack teams and create many chances, its often just a case of being more clinical.

Secondly, he rotates to keep players fresh. As fans we want a successful side who compete for the title and have strong cup runs. When we have a squad as strong as we do now, with so many options, I dont understand why any fan would complain. You should read this article regarding Rafa and rotation, it should put an end to any stupid complaints.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/a_NG156624070808-1304.shtml

Going by his away tactics against often appalling opposition, I think he is cautious and caution won't win the league this season.

Rash, if you'd have posted this last season I would have agreed with you. His approach to games especially away from home done my head in. But so far this season it's not something that he can be accused of. That was an attacking line up today.

Your timing is way off, that and the fact you've admitted you never saw the game today is the reason you're getting shit. it was very hot out there, fucking hell, there was that many shirtless people in the stands today it was like watchin a Newcastle match.

A) He rotates and that's not going to change

B) His football philosophy is different to Wengers and he puts emphasise on

I think he will have to change it to win the league Cardie. I have noticed a few things, we hardly ever attack at corners, we rarely commit lots of players forward on the counter attack and we always play it safe with out movement incase we get "caught out".

These are issues that can be laughed off when we have played 2 and won 2 but it's better to raise concerns when we are winning then go on after losing bender.

I genuinely believe like Bascombe and others do, that he will have to change to win the league here.

second ban?

i really felt like for the first time since i've been here (not that long mind you) that we, as a forum, were moving in the right direction; a positive better direction. we all had our summer anxieties about how things would pan out with our summer signings.

it's beginning to look like our worse addition was bringing Rash' back. everything goes to shit when you post nonsense Rashid.

[edit: shit grammar...again]