You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I'm trying to keep off here but I like listening to some recommendations when I'm doing work. Anyhoo, this is a fucking tune and a half; an oldie but a goodie. Reminds me of Bar Oasis on the High Street.

[YOUTUBE]BFlAkQ2yy0c[/YOUTUBE]

heres one from about the same time, never got mainstream like the Sandy B one, but WAY better

[YOUTUBE]/v/9-ahTKr76kc?[/YOUTUBE]

and here's some other proper house/garage

[YOUTUBE]j7OebSGd7ak?[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Jiv4GuND3Wg?[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fbLMFnzuyEo?[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DMb8BhCXNs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

For the love of god, help me embed.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DMb8BhCXNs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can see that I need to post my idiot's guide to embedding again. Not that I'm saying you're an idiot. OK, I'm saying you're an idiot...

If this looks long, don't be put off - it takes five seconds. The only reason this is so long is that this guide is designed to allow a mentally deficient housebrick to successfully post an embedded Youtube clip - anyone with a scrap of IT knowledge will have it sussed after the first two paragraphs.

First, forget the embedding code from Youtube that you used above, it's not needed to post clips on here and that way lies only pain, disappointment and fail, mainly fail.

Go to the Youtube clip and look at your browser's address bar where the page address is shown. I've had to stick some spaces in this just to prevent the site showing it as a link (there is some html that you can use to force the site to just show the address as text but I'm fucked if I can remember it) it should look something like but this without the spaces:

http : // www . youtube . com /watch?v=DMb8BhCXNs4

Right. See the bit in bold that comes after the = sign? The bit that says DMb8BhCXNs4. That's all you need. Highlight that bit with your mouse, making sure you get all of it and press ctrl & c to copy it, or right click and select 'copy' if you're amongst the technologically disinclined. If you can't select just that bit properly in the address bar, copy the whole link and paste it somewhere, then select the bit I told you to.

Start a new post here. Look upwards from the box that you type in, where the options for bold text, italics and so on appear. You should see a little Youtube icon that looks like this:

youtube.gif

If you don't see it, use the button underneath the box that you type into to turn advanced editing on, it should appear up there then. Press the little Youtube button once. You should see the text below appear in the box you type in, only with square brackets not the curved ones I've had to use here to stop the tags disappearing:

(youtube)(/youtube)

You might not be able to see it, but your cursor is now exactly where you want it to be, right in the middle between the two sets of brackets. Press ctrl & v to paste the clip identifier you copied out of the Youtube address between the brackets. It should look like this but with square brackets:

(youtube)DMb8BhCXNs4(/youtube)

Press 'post' and your embedded Youtube clip will magically appear. That's unless the person or company posting it on Youtube have disabled embedding for the clip, in which case you should now go to the Youtube comments section and flame them appropriately.

Note: Real men don't use buttons and instead type their own html tags.

Note 2: Depending on how you found the clip and whether it was a related clip from another one that you were watching, you might find that there's a load of shit after the clip code, a bit like this:

http : //www . youtube . com/watch?v=DMb8BhCXNs4&feature=fvwrel

All that crap will mess things up, it's just the clip code that you need and that's everything after the = but before the &. It's the same bit that I highlighted in the original example and is in bold in the above link.

Oh and if you want to piss people off by using autoplay, you do it like... nah, better save that for another day.

Now rep me you motherfucker.