You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Speaking of 60s rock grooves (Gimme Some Lovin' can't be beat on this, I know), here is an oft-overlooked classic...

Macca must have spiked John Lodges' pint of Toby when he nipped the bog to straighten his tie. This is the result (ignore the video)

[YOUTUBE]VC4njDm5Dzo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Heard this on the radio in the car a few days ago. It appears quite a few people were waiting for it to appear on Youtube, and judging by the comments, they all heard it when I did. Some of you will think it's shit, but from around 40 seconds in it becomes epic. It's called "Mad Indian", by Pinju.

[YOUTUBE]aNTZnAFdeU8[/YOUTUBE]

Some good calls on here. I like hearing new stuff.

Didn't know that Lamb tune or Ed Sheeran (impressed).

Of course I knew most. I love Stranglers and Billy Bragg (first saw him as a wee nipper back in the days of Red Wedge - "Maggie! Maggie! Maggie!..."). When you sing along, you have to sing in a cockney accent.

Airbag is my fav Radiohead song too.

That Wanda Jackson tune is new to me (though Love Potion #9 by The Coasters that it clearly borrows off isn't!). Great song all the same.

As a great tune, with a touch of uplifting melancholy:

Sam Cooke Change Is Gonna Come

[YOUTUBE]SQU4torUz-Q&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Guest The Chimp

Been listening to Big Generator all day today. Some top quality tunage for me and good memories of some top lads I've now unfortunately lost touch with back home.

[YOUTUBE]6e5Gt22oObs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Yz992vh0Lmc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IqNI47CaYpc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2RLMKyADJyY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

It's tough to pick a favourite Half Man Half Biscuit tune but I think this is it.

[YOUTUBE]0umdnyhjJPU[/YOUTUBE]

'We sat and decided as the seasons collided that our love was fairly utopian

If it wasnt for my pills, my psychiatric bills and your unreliable fallopian

Then I guess we'd be fine, embraced on cloud nine, emotionally impossible to sever

You turn around quickly and ever so sickly, I tell you I'll love you forever'

That's genius level songwriting right there. Jarvis Cocker eat your heart out.

Whichever chinless dipshit ripped and uploaded this missed the intro off. It's still better than the other copy of the studio version on YouTube though - that one has the intro but sounds like it was recorded from 20ft away on a 1982 Sanyo casette recorder. Top, top tune though.

[YOUTUBE]ToxmbOr00co[/YOUTUBE]

As is this:

[YOUTUBE]_eUBxEWsSLI[/YOUTUBE]

and this:

[YOUTUBE]cbukFGBQETI[/YOUTUBE]

and this:

[YOUTUBE]LDc4cxdAbDU[/YOUTUBE]

(BTW you can thank EMI for me yet again not being able to post the studio version of that - the UK studio version isn't even on YouTube and the US studio version can't be embedded. I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve with this no embedding policy at all; anyone that wants to rip the vid can just get it from YouTube anyway so all they're doing is preventing me from promoting their acts for them free of charge. Why are record companies so full of mongs?)