You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace albums you own that you forgot about

Juniper

I have only read this page, so apologies for any repeats.

Agree on the Spiritualized one. Ace packaging too. I have the blister pack (unopened. I didn't want to. I bought a normal version of it too). The Prodigy one too. Cracking album that.

I can only really think of New Order - Substance, fucking ace and Pulp - Different Class, a corker.

Guest TK-421
I have only read this page, so apologies for any repeats.

Agree on the Spiritualized one. Ace packaging too. I have the blister pack (unopened. I didn't want to. I bought a normal version of it too). The Prodigy one too. Cracking album that.

I can only really think of New Order - Substance, fucking ace and Pulp - Different Class, a corker.

Check you out, that's probably worth a bit. Mine is fully opened and fucked to bits.

Re: New Order, I like Technique and Power, Corruption and Lies They're all good mind, although there are some shockingly bad tracks on some LPs and even worse lyrics.

Check you out, that's probably worth a bit. Mine is fully opened and fucked to bits.

Re: New Order, I like Technique and Power, Corruption and Lies They're all good mind, although there are some shockingly bad tracks on some LPs and even worse lyrics.

My kids have probably opened it and eaten it. I have some ace vinyl that must be worth a fair bit though. I have about 200 records back at my parents house. Some very early Manchester stuff. Is vinyl actually worth anything now though?

Guest TK-421
My kids have probably opened it and eaten it. I have some ace vinyl that must be worth a fair bit though. I have about 200 records back at my parents house. Some very early Manchester stuff. Is vinyl actually worth anything now though?

Depends, there are some good prices on Ebay but I've only looked at Sup Pop stuff. If it's rare enough it will go for hundreds of pounds.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Depends, there are some good prices on Ebay but I've only looked at Sup Pop stuff. If it's rare enough it will go for hundreds of pounds.

Are there any Sub Pop back catalogue bits you still need ?

No, next to nothing - I'll help you dispose of it, as a favour. Vinyl needs to be disposed by people with the neccesary know-how to avoid serious damage to the, uh, ozone layer and rivers and stuff - I am a licensed vinyl disposer.

Seriously though, it involves grading it and going through catalogues and shit on the off-chance you might have something rare - lifes too short.

Guest TK-421
Are there any Sub Pop back catalogue bits you still need ?

There are plenty, lots of early singles. I kind of stopped collecting. A mate of mine had them all except for SP001 which was a magazine.

I'm mostly interested in early singles and Singles Club stuff, if you have any.

The best things I've got are a signed Tad yelllow vynil 7" of Jinx and the Nirvana singles club one, Molly's Lips live. And Bleach on pink vynil.

Guest PaddyBerger15
There are plenty, lots of early singles. I kind of stopped collecting. A mate of mine had them all except for SP001 which was a magazine.

Yeah the first few in the catalogue were magazines with cassettes....they come around on eBay now and again, Im not that arsed about those.

I went through a phase a few years ago of trying to get the colour variations of singles, but it fell by the wayside and my tastes and priorities changed.

Guest TK-421
Yeah the first few in the catalogue were magazines with cassettes....they come around on eBay now and again, Im not that arsed about those.

I went through a phase a few years ago of trying to get the colour variations of singles, but it fell by the wayside and my tastes and priorities changed.

They're too expensive, I do intend to get back into buying them at some point though.

Guest PaddyBerger15

I'm mostly intersted in early singles and Singles Club stuff, if you have any.

The best things I've got are a signed Tad yelllow vynil 7" of Jinx and the Nirvana singles club one, Molly's Lips live. And Bleach on pink vynil.

Il have a shufty round, see if Ive got any spares or doubles...I use to do job lot trades with people and acquired some stuff, but Ive either swopped them, sold them or given them to mates over the years.

Guest PaddyBerger15
They're too expensive, I do intend to get back into buying them at some point though.

Thats very true....

The Soundgarden 7" on blue vinyl is hard to get hold of and getting v expensive these days,....as is Tad - Ritual Device/Daisy on clear, black or gold.....Blood Circus on red or black, Swallow on yellow or black.....and of course, the holy grail the Love Buzz....that might just set you back about a grand now :|

I'm mostly interested in early singles and Singles Club stuff, if you have any.

I remember my mate buying the 7" of Love Buzz years back from a record shop on Carnaby Street. I took the piss mercilessly because Love Buzz was limited to something like 500 copies, and this shop had five of them, that they were bundling with Bleach. My mate was convinced it was the real version! The joke was on me, however, when I read about a year ago that the pink vinyl Bleach they bundled the fake Love Buzz with was actually more valuable than the real Love Buzz, and is worth, I believe, well over £100.

Guest TK-421
I remember my mate buying the 7" of Love Buzz years back from a record shop on Carnaby Street. I took the piss mercilessly because Love Buzz was limited to something like 500 copies, and this shop had five of them, that they were bundling with Bleach. My mate was convinced it was the real version! The joke was on me, however, when I read about a year ago that the pink vinyl Bleach they bundled the fake Love Buzz with was actually more valuable than the real Love Buzz, and is worth, I believe, well over £100.

I made my mother buy me it in Tower Records on a visit to the Smoke. I didn't get any free Love Buzz mind. The white ones are the best but pink is groovy.

Not so much. A couple of the singles club ones, love buzz and another one. I have some non sub pop nirvana "limited editions" but you never know how limited they are. Then mainly manchester. Inspirals, Roses, Mondays. That sort of thing.