You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Players In Trouble On The Algarve?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna ask it again - why the fuck are the players drinking so close to a game like Barca?

In fact, why are they drinking at all during the season?

I remember a Houllier line telling Gerrard to stop drinking for a few years, and by the times he's 35 he can buy all the bars he likes. I'm sure I read that Ged banned drinking during the season full stop, and cannot believe for one second that Rafa would allow it.

Top European sides allow their players the occasional glass of wine with a meal, at most - but that's about as far as it goes.

No reason will be good enough, imo, and this is what pisses me off more than anything. If they hadn't been drinking, none of this would have happened.

I have to admit I find some of this quite amusing. Imagine Bellamy lying in his room, thinking "that fucking ginger twat, I'm gonna...no Craig, wait, don't fuck up again. This is you last....I'm gonna fucking twat him so bad he'll wish he never....breathe Craig, breathe. Boyhood dream, CL-football, Barcelona, medals....ah fuck it, where did I put my five iron?"

Hi Cap, exactly, so its in the interests of Barca and not us for this to run and run. Hence we, LFC fans, should perhaps wait until we hear from some more reliable sources. Afterall, last night it was gospel that Dudek was trying to Headbut a policeman after he, Fowler and Pennant were charging round the hotel smashing up cars etc with a golf club.

I've heard it from the most reliable source imaginable: The Manager. The fact that the statement from the club doesn't even mention the golf club attack speaks volumes. They would have totally rubbished those claims if they were false, because they are very damaging to both Bellamy and the club. The silence is deafening.

It seems the club is hoping to sweep this under the carpet. It is a doomed strategy. Players tell their girlfriends/parents/friends who again tell...

Somethings happened between Riise and Bellers I dont doubt that, but like Ive said earlier was it more handbags over a few beers or did he really take a golf club to him in the middle of the night ?

According to his personal advisor, Riise was sober. Somehow, I fucking hope Bellamy was not.

I have to admit I find some of this quite amusing. Imagine Bellamy lying in his room, thinking "that fucking ginger twat, I'm gonna...no Craig, wait, don't fuck up again. This is you last....I'm gonna fucking twat him so bad he'll wish he never....breathe Craig, breathe. Boyhood dream, CL-football, Barcelona, medals....ah fuck it, where did I put my five iron?"

I'm thinking more like...

Bellamy's room

Bellamy: That fucking ginger twat ruined my game at SJP :wallbutt:

Where's me fucking golf bag....? Ah...sand wedge might do.

Riise's room

JAR:Zzzzz....

Bellamy kicks in door

The rest is history.

I'm gonna ask it again - why the fuck are the players drinking so close to a game like Barca?

In fact, why are they drinking at all during the season?

I remember a Houllier line telling Gerrard to stop drinking for a few years, and by the times he's 35 he can buy all the bars he likes. I'm sure I read that Ged banned drinking during the season full stop, and cannot believe for one second that Rafa would allow it.

Top European sides allow their players the occasional glass of wine with a meal, at most - but that's about as far as it goes.

No reason will be good enough, imo, and this is what pisses me off more than anything. If they hadn't been drinking, none of this would have happened.

rafas introduction to the british abroad ,have a drink ,have a kick off ,start a fight = a good night out ,he wouldn't have had to worry about all this at valencia:smile:

we don't do civilised drinking and wine is gay.

Nice one Milan.

I guarentee that they went out as a group, and had one or two pints, and went home without incident. The rest is just bullshit to try and sell papers.

Fucking journo bastards.

If the club had denied it, then maybe. But I think most people realise this is true.

And stop blaming the journalists. You don't think this is a top story? The only to blame are the players, for being thick.

If the club had denied it, then maybe. But I think most people realise this is true.

And stop blaming the journalists. You don't think this is a top story? The only to blame are the players, for being thick.

The NOTW doesn't employ journalists; it employs blood thirsty fuck wits who masquerade as such.

The club took the even more politic stance of "investigating it". The Norwegian media is accusing Bellamy of 'attempted murder' because they said that Bellamy was saying first that he was going to End Riise's career and then he was going kill him with a golf club. That's all rubbish. No way Bells drinks that much less than a week before Barca's match.

Dudek head butted a cop, Pennant, Fowler, and someone else damaged cars. That's all rubbish. The cops wouldn't let someone go who #1 assaulted an officer and #2 damaged private property regardless of who they are...

The team wouldn't allow themselves to go on a freaking bender. You think Carragher would allow these guys to drink their faces off this close to a match? It all smells of utter bullshit.

This is what happened

1) Team goes as a group to have dinner/a drink

2) Team has second drink.

3) Waiter/other patron calls Newspaper

4) They come snap pictures/bother them

5) Players get angry and go back to the hotel.

6) THE JOURNO'S MAKE THEIR FUCKING MONEY DOING WHAT THEY DO BEST... MAKING SHIT UP.

The club took the even more politic stance of "investigating it". The Norwegian media is accusing Bellamy of 'attempted murder' because they said that Bellamy was saying first that he was going to End Riise's career and then he was going kill him with a golf club. That's all rubbish. No way Bells drinks that much less than a week before Barca's match.

Dudek head butted a cop, Pennant, Fowler, and someone else damaged cars. That's all rubbish. The cops wouldn't let someone go who #1 assaulted an officer and #2 damaged private property regardless of who they are...

The team wouldn't allow themselves to go on a freaking bender. You think Carragher would allow these guys to drink their faces off this close to a match? It all smells of utter bullshit.

This is what happened

6) THE JOURNO'S MAKE THEIR FUCKING MONEY DOING WHAT THEY DO BEST... MAKING SHIT UP.

Nahh, something happened mate, that much is obvious.

Not on the scale that these reptiles portray but it happened none the less.

What did Monty ever do to him ? :tease:

This is what happened

Do you know any journalists?