You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

On this one, Tony’s right, Paulie

On the cheese front??

No! No! No! I was in the middle of editing my post after seeing the nonsense Tony had gone on to post about cheese and tomatoes when I was distracted by the builder and by the time I came back to post my indignation I'd been timed out. 

No chance. Needs at least an hour out the fridge.

If you're a sensitive ponce maybe. Really though, it doesn't 'need' anything. It's cheese. It's fucking delicious hot, cold, warm, melted, shat on. Doesn't matter in the slightest.

You scruffy meff, ROTOQ

• Upvote 1

No! No! No! I was in the middle of editing my post after seeing the nonsense Tony had gone on to post about cheese and tomatoes when I was distracted by the builder and by the time I came back to post my indignation I'd been timed out.

You scruffy meff, ROTOQ

OK, so "shat on" was hyperbole.

Surely it's a case of being pragmatic about it...

At this time of year I can see the point of keeping chocolate in the fridge, to stop it from melting but generally I'd keep it in a cupboard. Having said that, I hardly eat chocolate & neither does anyone else in my house.

With cheese, surely it depends on the type of cheese & the circumstances? We usually have cheddar in the fridge & I wouldn't think about leaving it out for an extended period of time before eating it, it comes straight out of the fridge & goes in a sandwich or whatever & then gets eaten.

Not into chocolate from the fridge, chalky shite.  Room temperature is where it's at. 

I've had a few "discussions" with the Mrs over this, she totally insists on putting them in the fridge. A double decker fails miserably to be chewy once its been put in the fridge, so i dont get the appeal. Deviant behaviour.

• Upvote 1

Surely it's a case of being pragmatic about it...

At this time of year I can see the point of keeping chocolate in the fridge, to stop it from melting but generally I'd keep it in a cupboard. Having said that, I hardly eat chocolate & neither does anyone else in my house.

With cheese, surely it depends on the type of cheese & the circumstances? We usually have cheddar in the fridge & I wouldn't think about leaving it out for an extended period of time before eating it, it comes straight out of the fridge & goes in a sandwich or whatever & then gets eaten.

I like my food either piping hot or really cold, no half measures.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a crazy month, mother in law to be died a week before getting married and then moved house a fortnight later.

Finally got the house sorted and today my broseph came to visit with a gift.

So happy.

• Upvote 3

Had the first ever game of tennis with my 9 year old girl today.

She had her first lessons last week.

Seeing the excitement on her face when she realises the mini court is open after I am pushed out wide and she punishes me with a crushing volley.

Followed by a fist pump and a ha ha.

• Upvote 2