You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The All New 'Room 101' Vent thread

wiiksie

Couple of things occured to me over the weekend, so I think its time for an all new room 101. Allow me to get things going:

1) TalkSport

Had a bit of a long drive friday, so had to listen to the CL draw via talksport. There was a phonein sort of thing before the draw, with some complete and utter cunt (the show's host) going on about 'why do fat birds always wear tinsel at christmas', and 'I know some bloke who said he wants to stuff 3 birds this year phnar phnar'. Who the fuck listens to this shite?

2) Car stickers that say 'Baby on Board'

Just dont get it. What is the best a parent is going to think when they buy one of these?

3) The new wave of polite chit-chat from call centre monkeys and checkout attendants

In sainsburys or wherever, constantly being asked 'are you alright to pack?', or 'How are you today?'. Or speaking to a call centre, and being asked 'been up to much lately?'.

Just. Fuck. Off. You. Cunts.

There. feel better already.

My missus' inability to understand the concept of thermostats, in particular with our central heating and with the climate control thing in the car.

At home we have a thing with 0-5, with five being hot. She'll set it to 4 and then after a bit she'll get too warm, buit does she then set it to 3.5 or 3? No! She sets it to 1. Then after a bit she gets too cold. So does she increase it to 3? No! She whacks it on 4 and the whole process starts again.

In the car its even worse. I have the thing set to, say, 23. Not warm enough for her, so she cranks it up to max which basically just blows out hot until you stop it. I have tried to explain that the whole idea of climate control is that you set it to a temperature and then just leave it. But, no, that is pointless.

Spending Sunday feeling like death warmed up, hugging your knees in the corner of your living room after Saturday night's excesses.

Ben & Jerrry's Ice Cream - vastly overrated.

Luis Garcia threads - Some of us love him, some lesser thinkers don't. Let's just agree to disagree, yeah?

Luis Garcia's threads - Not the most convincing pimp I've ever seen

James Nesbitt

2) Car stickers that say 'Baby on Board'[/b]

Just dont get it. What is the best a parent is going to think when they buy one of these?

Apparently, as revealed by a TLW forumite (not sure who or when but) these are used so that when the police arrive at the scene of a crime they can tell if they are looking for a baby/small child or not.

Apparently, as revealed by a TLW forumite (not sure who or when but) these are used so that when the police arrive at the scene of a crime they can tell if they are looking for a baby/small child or not.

What like a bank robbery or summat ? - " getaway car is black BMW 3 series driven by baby possibly small child heading south, deploy teletubby pursuit team, be aware suspect likely to vomit when apprehended, over. "

What like a bank robbery or summat ? - " getaway car is black BMW 3 series driven by baby possibly small child heading south, deploy teletubby pursuit team, be aware suspect likely to vomit when apprehended, over. "

http://217.199.172.89/tlw/forum/showthread.php?t=35251&highlight=baby+board

They are there in case there is an accident so that the police know to look for a baby in the wreckage.

Hey I didn't make this up!

Signs that say babe on Board are worse, 9/10 you will actually find that there is at best an average looking bird on board, oh and pink steering wheel covers urrrrrgh.

Originally Posted by Gazelle 444 or whatever

Chris Tarrant - I cant explain why, i just hate him.. trust me no explanation neccesary.

kp dips, in Parraralel universe someone is bitching cos there stuck with a shit load of chocolate and nothing to dip.

Kites, do people really fly kites, they really must be pathetic losers if they do.

164958276_fd4ed50e2d_m.jpg

Boy buys kite, Boy flys Kite, Kite gets stuck.

Stick with a carrier bag on a string, you can just walk away then.

My missus' inability to understand the concept of thermostats, in particular with our central heating and with the climate control thing in the car.

At home we have a thing with 0-5, with five being hot. She'll set it to 4 and then after a bit she'll get too warm, buit does she then set it to 3.5 or 3? No! She sets it to 1. Then after a bit she gets too cold. So does she increase it to 3? No! She whacks it on 4 and the whole process starts again.

In the car its even worse. I have the thing set to, say, 23. Not warm enough for her, so she cranks it up to max which basically just blows out hot until you stop it. I have tried to explain that the whole idea of climate control is that you set it to a temperature and then just leave it. But, no, that is pointless.

are you me? that is my wife.