You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paletta

redken

On this showing definitely not one for the future. Tv commentator has just said that L'pool are looking for him to take over from Sammi. Not a f***ing chance. He's flat footed, can't kick or head a ball & his defensive awareness just isn't there. He's good at fouling though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to judge of course, but I find it worrying how all our youngsters seem extremely uncomfortable with the ball. I'm not expecting them to shine from the beginning, but most of them can't even do the simple things right.

Palletta is an argie playing for the U-21's, shouldn't he be expected to be better technically than he is now?

Just to clearify, I haven't even watched tonights game as it's not on here, this is based on what I've seen up until now.

Up until tonight i've been very impressed with him. You can't judge the lad off the odd scraps he's getting at the moment, that's just unfair on him, although tonight he was very poor.

I don't think that was directed at me, but do you agree with my general observation about our young players, or am I miles off here?

Too early to judge of course, but I find it worrying how all our youngsters seem extremely uncomfortable with the ball. I'm not expecting them to shine from the beginning, but most of them can't even do the simple things right.

Palletta is an argie playing for the U-21's, shouldn't he be expected to be better technically than he is now?

Just to clearify, I haven't even watched tonights game as it's not on here, this is based on what I've seen up until now.

It`s much to do with adapting to the pace of the game. Even players like Shevchenko and Morientes struggles in the English game. Off course a Youngster from Argentina needs time to adapt.

I remember gerrard in some of his early games. Even he looked like a fish out of water at times. The thing was he emerged in a really crap team, and got to play, and play regularly. That`s why it`s important to give them games, even though they are not quite ready yet.

I don't think that was directed at me, but do you agree with my general observation about our young players, or am I miles off here?

No not at all, I was just saying that up until tonight he's seemed decent enough on the ball without being anything special.

I can see what you mean about our younger players at times, but Kurt makes a very valid point. Younger players are bound to be a little rusty when pushed into first team games, because the pace is not what they're used to.

Made a bit of a show of yourself on RAWK tonight eh "stevo"

hehe, you still at this. how many other poor innocent souls have you accused of being me?

you're just a paranoid little gobshite and in dire need of blowjob...if they can find it

hehe, you still at this. how many other poor innocent souls have you accused of being me?

you're just a paranoid little gobshite and in dire need of blowjob...if they can find it

How odd, you kept replying with "hehe" to people on RAWK earlier. You dont diguise yourself very well do you?

Anyway......

Everything ok health wise? Hope the liver is ok and isnt stopping you from getting to to many games.

I knew there'd be a knee jerking thread here about how shit he is, ripping him and how he's not Liverpool quality. Players have bad games...

Fuck off.

it's impossible to have an honest opinion on forums these days without being ambushed by the rose tinted brigade who defend the honor of everything connected to the club.

if a player is shit and not good enough, what's wrong with saying it?

or put it this way, would anyone be happy with palleta playing on saturday?

it's impossible to have an honest opinion on forums these days without being ambushed by the rose tinted brigade who defend the honor of everything connected to the club.

or put it this way, would anyone be happy with palleta playing on saturday?

I wouldnt be bothered if palleta played on saturday. Hes not shit and will be able to cope against those mediocre teams at this stage in his career.

Because you have absolutely nothing to base the opinion on apart from 90 mins in a top european game in which everybody wasn't all together there and all learning, so therefore it's retarded bullshit, you'd want Paletta gone after one single game? Are you fucking mad? Are you a mong? Were you dropped on your head at birth and kicked in the face whilst you were down there? Do you know how old he is? Do you acknowledge he is still learning and that was a vital lesson in his development? Do you know what patience and the word development means?

F'kinell, theres no problem having an opinion, but when it's a bollox opinion don't expect it to be left alone and people will jump on it.

This hasn't been a knee jerk reaction from me. I saw him in his first run out at Crewe ( albeit in a friendly) & in his subsequent if infrequent appearances, & nothing I've seen gives rise to any optimism that he'll be a future centre back for L'pool. Didn't think Guthrie Or Peltier had brilliant games, but you can see some potential. My opinion.