You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Remmie

Through the years I've read about your xmas parties and they haven't sounded good. I work for a big company so it's always a classy event with 3 course meal and some free booze. Invariably the free drinks only go so far so it still costs money with the suit hire as well. This will be my first in 3 years as I was on a paradise island off Cambodia last year and the one before that had too much snow causing MK to be gridlocked. So still looking forward to it

Sorting a buffet (paid for by work) in the club for the boys, £50 each from work for ale too. Then it's into town for dancing and shenanigans. Should still have money left for an extra large mixto kebap and a taxi home. Pretty much the same as the last ten years but why change a working formula.

• Upvote 1

Can't argue with that, Dick. Everyone looks like a cunt in a Christmas jumper.

I'll be sure to raise a nice glass of Hine cognac in your honour, as soon as I've wiped the caviar off my chin.

Whose 'wacky' idea was that?

For fuck sake. We're having our Christmas party in London as that's where my employer is based, which will be ok. Or so I thought, until we just received instructions that everyone must wear a christmas fucking jumper for the night. If we don't have one we've been instructed to order one through the company. What the fucking fuck. Fuck off. Fucking fucks.

Not a problem I have this year but I remember one national company I worked for decided that it was too big to just have the one xmas do. They decided there would be one in Manchester for the northern types and another in London for all the southerners. Wasn't that arsed until I found out that the London one was being held in the Royal Albert Hall while the Manchester one was being held in some indoor cricket place in Trafford Park. They were surpised with the low turnout at the Manchester event.

Not a problem I have this year but I remember one national company I worked for decided that it was too big to just have the one xmas do. They decided there would be one in Manchester for the northern types and another in London for all the southerners. Wasn't that arsed until I found out that the London one was being held in the Royal Albert Hall while the Manchester one was being held in some indoor cricket place in Trafford Park. They were surpised with the low turnout at the Manchester event.

Didn't it bowl you over.

We have one tonight in Birmingham with our Midlands office. I'm invited as I'm a manager while the staff stay back in Liverpool and we have another next week for them. I swerved it by offering to stay in Liverpool and manage the office. Couldn't think of anything worse than conversing with people I don't know because all we have in common is our employment and would spend the entire day and night talking about it.

Next week for the Liverpool one we've put a few hundred behind the bar of the Baa Bar for the staff (most of them are young-ish), having one or two with them and then heading to a restaurant with the management team where it will get particularly messy I imagine. Have to be in work the next morning so gives me the ideal excuse to shoot off early and play the 'someone's got to be sensible enough to work in the morning' card.

Can't argue with that' date=' Dick. Everyone looks like a cunt in a Christmas jumper.

I'll be sure to raise a nice glass of Hine cognac in your honour, as soon as I've wiped the caviar off my chin.[/quote']

Have you considered an alternative Christmas jumper.

The official Slayer Christmas jumper for instance. Nothing more Christmassy than pentagrams and skulls..

2012SlayerJumperPress211112.jpg

Swerved the official one because it was due to be a poor turnout and I begrudge paying to drink with work colleagues. The unofficial one with the team was swerved due to me being ill, but same reasons apply really, I don't like mixing work and my social life.

Although I could be persuaded if they organised something decent.

What fucks me off most about my old work was the huge Christmas party they threw after spending all fucking year cutting costs, yet the mongs would still lap it up, below inflation pay rises and the Christmas bonus being withdraw but ensure you get down to the company owned hotel and pay four quid a drink

I'm managing to swerve the Leeds office party which is tonight. The office is full of grown adults rattling on about how many Jaeger Bombs they're going to pour down their stupid necks.

I like a drink as much as the next bloke - probably more than the next bloke actually, and I could probably drink most of these idiots under the table but I've never really understood the idea of throwing chemicals down your neck as quickly as possible in order to fall over on the pavement and brag about how bad your hangover was when you're back in the office on Monday morning.

It all reminds me of the words of a certain Mr Jello Biafra:

You go to work today

You'll go to work tomorrow

Shitfaced tonight

You'll brag about it for months

Remember what I did

Remember what I was

Back on Halloween