You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LIVERPOOL FC PRESS STATEMENT

Redzion

Liverpool Football Club announce that Mr Noel White has resigned from the Board of the Club with immediate effect. The move follows Mr White's confirmation that he was the Director quoted in an article which appeared in a national newspaper last week.

The Club's Chairman Mr David Moores said: "This is very sad for both the Club and Mr White who has been a valuable member of the Board for 21 years.

“However, the Board considers that the statements made do not reflect its own views and that this is not the Liverpool way of doing business. The proper place for debate is around the boardroom table.

“It is vital that we pull together at all times whether on the field or off it.

"It has to be said that at the first available opportunity on the day the article appeared Mr White was completely honest in telling me that he was responsible for it. He recognised that this made his position on the Board quite untenable and he did the honourable thing by resigning.”

Mr White said: "It is with great regret that I have tendered my resignation as a Director of the Club.

“For the 21 years I have had the privilege of being a Director of this great institution my guiding principle has been to act in the best interests of the Club.

“In view of the controversy caused by comments in a national newspaper, attributed to an anonymous director, and the effect this has had on the Chairman, my fellow Directors, the Manager and many supporters, I feel the honourable course is to resign. Indeed, my guiding principle dictates that this is the only course.

"It was never my intention to cause such controversy, nor did I envisage that my remarks would receive such widespread coverage. I recognise, however, that I must take responsibility for my actions even though the outcome was not what I intended.

“I have always received a great deal of support and friendship from the Chairman, the Board, the Club and staff and I hope and believe I have reciprocated. I continue to wish them, the Manager, the Players and all associated with Liverpool Football Club every possible success.”

Both the Club and Mr White now regard the matter as closed and will be making no further comment.

Link

quite sad really that it's had to come to this. he should have known better though, that's the bottom line. you can't have board members at big clubs airing their views in public, even if it is only their opinion.

Good Riddance,my best mates dad has always had a strong dislike for Mr.White something to do with his involvement in Kenny's resignation.

Thanks for the 21years,good bye dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.

As for Moores well done for doing the right thing,you get a lot of people putting you down but you handled this with the grace and honour befitting of our great club.Lets get on with business on the pitch now and forget this ever happened.

As for Morgan taking his place,wouldnt it be lovely if he just accepted he can never be chairman but he can have his place on the board and more input and everyone gets on with working towards number 19.wishful thinking eh?

that Noel white ejit certainly didnt act in the Liverpool Way with his mouthing off the a fucking tabloid, but good oul Moores certainly acted the way we expect ANYBODY associated with our club to act,

he didnt go spouting shite when the backstabbing was printed, he didnt say "ill sniff this little rat out" ,nope, instead he did in the correct fashion, bringing dignity back to the club, fantastic work by the board here!!!

that`ll give Rafa a massive boost, and rightly so :thumbup: