You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now The Sqiad Is Almost Complete

Red Nick

What is Liverpool's best 11

Picking 11 from this squad is no easy matter.

Sacrifices will have to be made ie you cant play two strikers, two wide player and the 3 best midfield players in the country

Somthing's gotta give

You could easily pick 6 different front six combinations

Sacrifices will have to be made ie you cant play two strikers, two wide player and the 3 best midfield players in the country

Somthing's gotta give

Good jayssssssssuuuuuuuuussssssssss.

Not to be pedantic, I don't think there is a straight first 11. What can be effective against one team can be utterly useless against another. It's a case of horses for courses as far as I'm concerned, but since you asked...

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Aurelio/Riise

Pennant Sissoko Gerrard Alonso Aurelio/Riise

Kuyt

With the exception of RB the squad doesnt have any glaring weakness's anymore

We now have 3 players to play wide right, 4 to play wide Left, 4 for CM, 4 for attacking midfield/2nd striker and 4 for CF

its pretty exciting stuff, it will be interesting to see how he keeps everyone happy. Crouch for example is a confidence player.

Somthing's gotta give

what the hell is this all about? are you drunk typing?

I thought this was about the squid and the whale.

Great film by the way, if you like wes anderson you'll love it

I've heard Sissoko can play quite well at right back (didn't he sometimes play there for Valencia?). I think everyone will get a fair crack of the whip, but unfortunately I can see God having to wait for his turn longer than the others

We now have 3 players to play wide right, 4 to play wide Left, 4 for CM, 4 for attacking midfield/2nd striker and 4 for CF

its pretty exciting stuff, it will be interesting to see how he keeps everyone happy. Crouch for example is a confidence player.

Am not sure Finnan could be counted as a glaring weakness...presume you mean lack of cover, if Krompkamp goes? Well, Carra could slot in, if needs be. I remember one of Gerrard's early games at Elland Road, playing an absolute blinder at right back... :whistle:

I've heard Sissoko can play quite well at right back (didn't he sometimes play there for Valencia?). I think everyone will get a fair crack of the whip, but unfortunately I can see God having to wait for his turn longer than the others

I would be amazed if Sissoko ever plays right back for us.

To me you have answerd your own question in that sentence. Its not about 11 under rafa. I think we will approach every game diffrently and use diffrent combinations for each game. For example we will not use louis or fowler against the team like sheffield and balckburn. But against teams that like to play we will probbly use diffrent cominations. As rafa says we have Possiblites.

Please explain this comment a bit.

If playing 4-4-2:

Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia JAR

Gerrard Momo Xabi Kewell

Kuyt Bellamy

If playing 4-5-1:

Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia JAR

Pennant Gerrard Momo Xabi Kewell

Crouch

And finally if playing 3-5-2 (which I think we'll play a few times this season):

Reina

Carra Hyypia Agger

Finnan JAR

Gerrard Momo Alonso

Kuyt Bellamy

You remember that quote from Shanks about there being 2 great teams on merseyside? I reckon both these 2 would hammer the blueshite:

-----------Reina-----------

Finnan--Hyypia--Carra--Riise

Pennant--Xabi--Stevie-Speedy

-------Bellamy--Kuyt---------

-------------Dudek-------------

Kromkamp-Paletta-Agger--Aurelio

Anderson--Garcia--Momo---Kewell

-----------God--Crouch---------

I reckon Rafa will start a lot of away games 4-5-1, subbing on Bellamy for Xabi/Momo if we need a goal. I can also 4-4-2 being played a lot at home, probably with Stevie starting ahead of Pennant on the right.

I just hope we can keep all these shit-hot players happy all year. If Pennant, for example, was to start trouble you could see it being over lack of 1st team chances. I hope everyone will figure prominently this season, just in different games.

You remember that quote from Shanks about there being 2 great teams on merseyside? I reckon both these 2 would hammer the blueshite:

-----------Reina-----------

Finnan--Hyypia--Carra--Riise

Pennant--Xabi--Stevie-Speedy

-------Bellamy--Kuyt---------

-------------Dudek-------------

Kromkamp-Paletta-Agger--Aurelio

Anderson--Garcia--Momo---Kewell

-----------God--Crouch---------

I reckon Rafa will start a lot of away games 4-5-1, subbing on Bellamy for Xabi/Momo if we need a goal. I can also 4-4-2 being played a lot at home, probably with Stevie starting ahead of Pennant on the right.

I just hope we can keep all these shit-hot players happy all year. If Pennant, for example, was to start trouble you could see it being over lack of 1st team chances. I hope everyone will figure prominently this season, just in different games.

Looking at those 2 sides and there is still no place for Zenden, Diao, FSP, ALT, Mellor or Warnock and it shows how strong the squad of players we have now is.

We will play 4-4-2 90% of the time, I reckon, and our current best 11 would be:

---------Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia Riise

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell

--------Bellamy Kuyt

The likes of Aurelio, Pennant and Gonzalez will have to force themselves into the side by proving that they're better than someone who is already in the side and playing well. The left side in particular should provide some good competition for places, but we have strength in depth in all positions now so there is nobody in the team who can rest on their laurels.

Looking at those 2 sides and there is still no place for Zenden, Diao, FSP, ALT, Mellor or Warnock and it shows how strong the squad of players we have now is.

Yeah, forgot about Zenden who I would probably put in the middle with Momo while pushing garcia out wide at the expense of Anderson in my B team. better than the blueshite either way though - really - I reckon our 2nd 11 would hammer Everton!

BTW - there will never be a place for the Sherrif! I reckon FSP is off too before August 31 - not too soon as far as I'm concerned!

Am not sure Finnan could be counted as a glaring weakness...presume you mean lack of cover, if Krompkamp goes? Well, Carra could slot in, if needs be. I remember one of Gerrard's early games at Elland Road, playing an absolute blinder at right back... :whistle:

Thats exactly what i mean at LB we have Warnock, Aurellio or Riise and at RB its only really finnan as Krompkamp is much better going forward.