You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Food you hate

Guest TK-421

I love food. Eating it. Cooking it. I just love it me I do. I can't understand all this food hating. And its been glorious fresh ingredients that everyone hates - not Pot Noodle or convenience meal lasagne.

Most of this thread has just made me hungry ! Only things I'm not keen on are offal type stuff - although liver is ok if its cooked nicely. Just can't bring myself to eat sliced ox tongue, sweetbreads etc - never tried them mind - its just the yuck factor. Tried jellied eels once and they were vile but that was more the jelly bit than the eel.

(Cheap shop bought coleslaw is generally cack - but buy the good stuff and its yummy - or make your own . . . . .just slice some celery, onion . . . . ok maybe not).

Roast pork and stuffing butties for my din dins - roll on 12 o clock.

How much do you weigh? Just out of interest!

How much do you weigh? Just out of interest!

:D

I think agree with michael though, everyone mentioning decent ingredients!

Onions! its in everthing.

Tuna! Delicious. I'll take the pepsi challenge with a medium grilled tuna steak v anything.

Garlic! mmmm

Thai! if you dont like hot and sour thai soup theres something wrong with you.

The only thing I think should be illegal is cake. Its not fucking wartime britain anymore with rationing, so lets just ban all forms of cake.

:D

I think agree with michael though, everyone mentioning decent ingredients!

Onions! its in everthing.

Tuna! Delicious. I'll take the pepsi challenge with a medium grilled tuna steak v anything.

Garlic! mmmm

Thai! if you dont like hot and sour thai soup theres something wrong with you.

The only thing I think should be illegal is cake. Its not fucking wartime britain anymore with rationing, so lets just ban all forms of cake.

You're not wrong...recent travels have allowed me to eat alot of Thai food...beautiful. Gonna cook some tonight, I reckon.

Guest TK-421
Anchioves are poison, poison I tell you.

I love them - especially on pizza. Anchovies, black olives and capers are my pizza toppings of choice.

Agree on cucumbers, the taste isn't that bad although it's not great, it's the fact I get cucumber burps for the rest of the day.

Tuna is ace, as is most seafood.

Guest TK-421
Yum Yum! staple diet of the common man, the citizen-smith of meals, along with 'stew' i.e yesterdays dinner warmed in a pan.

Is that Thrawny in your Avatar? I bet he liked gherkins.

Offal and seafood are the foodstuffs of Beelzebub. Think about prawns for a second - they are the bottom dwellers of the sea and any shit in the sea is quickly ingested by the litle buggers meaning that if you eat prawns you are basically eating shit

Anchioves are poison, poison I tell you.

On their own they are vile but who eats just anchovies??

They are a great ingredient - give a real fishy salty kick to things. For tea we're having a glorious slow cooked Italian beef stew with onions, celery, carrots, loads of thyme, garlic, anchovies, marsala and red wine. Absolutely gorgeous with a nice bit of mash and brocolli. Take the anchoives, celery and garlic out and it woud be cack.

(and S 31 - no I'm not a fat git - granted my 34 waist pants do cut the blood supply off to my legs though).

Offal and seafood are the foodstuffs of Beelzebub. Think about prawns for a second - they are the bottom dwellers of the sea and any shit in the sea is quickly ingested by the litle buggers meaning that if you eat prawns you are basically eating shit

You just make sure you remove the black shit tube from the back before cooking them. easy peasy.

Fresh chargrilled king tiger prawns with garlic mayo and crusty bread - :yes: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You are all mad. Obviously there are things I am not a fan of. Anchovies aren't my favourite and stuff like tripe and offal isn't something i would choose particularly, but most of the stuff you have said is ace food. I can only think that most of you are gay.

Guest TK-421
Certainly is, he liked only meats and fish prepared on a George Foreman grill, and then only when presented in a neuvau artistic fashion!

He has great taste! I bet he likes Admiral's Pie too, available in the ready meal section of most supermarkets.

They are a great ingredient - give a real fishy salty kick to things. For tea we're having a glorious slow cooked Italian beef stew with onions, celery, carrots, loads of thyme, garlic, anchovies, marsala and red wine. Absolutely gorgeous with a nice bit of mash and brocolli. Take the anchoives, celery and garlic out and it woud be cack.

ooh that sounds good.

We're using anchovies in a breadcrumb and oregano mix tonight to coat swordfish steaks. Will probably serve with a little couscous and home grown pepper compote.

Love most vegetables but the thought of cauliflower and sprouts makes me retch. Might have had something to do with going to my nan's for tea and she'd have been cooking them for about 14 hours beforehand, so the entire house stank of overcooked veg.

Pilchards, tuna any tinned fish really. Stinks to high heaven and normally tastes like crap.

Sounds like a mild allergy to me mate. Met a bloke on the weekend who goes into anaphylactic shock at the slightest touch of onion or garlic on his tongue... weird shit...

I'll have to check that out, never thought it could be an allergy.

Then again, never had myself checked out for allergies until I was 20. Father was a minister, so we never had health insurance when I was younger. "Walk it off" was a common phrase in our house, and I think I had several concussions when I was younger. Yet, seeing as a minister doesn't make much money, and the no health insurance thing, I'd not known that it was a concussion until I took a sports medicine class. That said, I have great parents and that's not a shot at them, just a justification as to why I have no clue about allergies.

I rambled, and it has nothing to do with the thread, but I typed it, so it's staying.

Big Ig, that's an excellent suggestion, and I think I have a talk with my doctor about it. Cheers.