You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where's Carragher?

Hermes is the new Rashid.

Not because their meanings are the same.

He is just the "new" scapegoat.

Oh, and he has meanings that's not the same as the majority on here.

Should we ban him?

No

He wont quit though. His back is stronger than Rashid's.

And now back to the announcer straight after this:

http://www.zeronews-fr.com/flash/70s.php

Hermes is old school and he will always remember the great Liverpool teams of the past that he has no doubt seen in the 70's & 80's. If you were used to seeing football like that week in, week out and then you see some of our performances over the last couple of years then it is bound to make him want to slag us off when things are wrong.

My Dad is kind of like this with the Blues. he used to go in the 60's/70's & 80's so he seen them win things. From the 90's onwards he just slagged them off all the time, even when they won something he always found a fault with a move, player, the manager. I suppose it must be an ageing process and we will all eventually become grumpy old men like hermes and my dad.

By the way, we rule, Rafa rules, Xabi rules and we beat Juve over two legs. Happy Days.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hermes is old school and he will always remember the great Liverpool teams of the past that he has no doubt seen in the 70's & 80's. If you were used to seeing football like that week in, week out and then you see some of our performances over the last couple of years then it is bound to make him want to slag us off when things are wrong.

Wrong actually. I think you'll find I do less slagging of the team and individual players than 95% of the people on this forum. You won't find me saying get rid of Biscan, Traore,Dudek etc after a defeat only to sing their praises when we beat Juventus. As Bill Shankly said the league is our bread and butter. That's how you judge a team. On that basis the jury is still out. To think anything else is mere delusion.

As Bill Shankly said the league is our bread and butter. That's how you judge a team. On that basis the jury is still out. To think anything else is mere delusion.

But in Bill's day the economics was different. If you gave any club president the following options, he would go for the second choice every time:

Option 1- 5th, 6th, 5th, 1st, 5th

Option 2- 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 4th, 2nd

As a supporter, I'd take the first option, but the reality is the second one makes the club competitve in transfer market.

Wrong actually. I think you'll find I do less slagging of the team and individual players than 95% of the people on this forum. You won't find me saying get rid of Biscan, Traore,Dudek etc after a defeat only to sing their praises when we beat Juventus. As Bill Shankly said the league is our bread and butter. That's how you judge a team. On that basis the jury is still out. To think anything else is mere delusion.

I have thought that after we have now "progressed" further in the Champions league, you would have to still argue about our league form/points/results/etc. Boy I was so damn right!

Still 6 games to play, just read that Henry may be gone for season.

The past away performances cannot be changed, but if we can run the season out with 4 wins and 2 draws, I consider it progress considering the consedirable injuries and consideration given to Gerrards unconsiderate behaviour considerably undermining the team.

So that's 4 England managers, the nations press, opposing fans and now his fellow professionals who don't rate him.

All this time I thought it was only me.

England Managers = Wankers;

The National Press = Wankers;

Opposing Fans = Total Wankers;

Fellow Professionals = By And Large Overpaid Wankers.

;)

You have an extroadinary ability to cling to what has become an almost comically untenable position after last night. We reach the semi-finals of the CL for the first time in twenty years and you can't see even SIGNS of progress - let alone actual progress. /QUOTE]

Tell me that after the next abysmal performance. Southampton away/Birmingham away/Newcastle away/Blackburn home/Bolton home. That's just this year. That's why we are 30 points behind Chelsea.

Last night does not wipe all those performances out. Like I said, when last night's performance becomes the normal LFC performance we will be going somewhere.

No one can argue with your assessment of our dire lack of consistency in the league but please don't try to equate the performance against Man City or Southhampton with our performance against Juve. Our performances in the CL, with a squad that has been depleted beyond belief, were extraodinary by any measure and will rank amongst our great European nights.

Rafa Benitez has demonstrated an extremely high level of tactical awareness in how he has conducted a European campaign with what everyone acknowledges to be a very mixed squad of players. Clearly the man has a lot to learn about English domestic football, but it is ridiculous to say that you can't see any signs of progress. The media are now climbing over each other to acknowledge Rafa's intelligence - what most of us have known for a long time.

We have a truly exceptional manager - you might be one of the last to acknowledge that fact.

No one can argue with your assessment of our dire lack of consistency in the league but please don't try to equate the performance against Man City or Southhampton with our performance against Juve. Our performances in the CL, with a squad that has been depleted beyond belief, were extraodinary by any measure and will rank amongst our great European nights.

Rafa Benitez has demonstrated an extremely high level of tactical awareness in how he has conducted a European campaign with what everyone acknowledges to be a very mixed squad of players. Clearly the man has a lot to learn about English domestic football, but it is ridiculous to say that you can't see any signs of progress. The media are now climbing over each other to acknowledge Rafa's intelligence - what most of us have known for a long time.

We have a truly exceptional manager - you might be one of the last to acknowledge that fact.

Extremely well put BCP.

Spot on that mate.

Hermes didn't you say prior the 1st leg against Juve that you epxected us to get a footballing lesson? I can understand you not jumping around just yet but the team's achievement should not be underestimated.

If our league form continues to be shit till the end of the season but we somehow win the European Cup do you see this as a good season or a bad season? Being 25 I can honestly say I'm more excited now being a Liverpool fan than I have been fo ages and that includes our treble season.

You're probably right, BCP.

To me, it actually represents progress if a new manager is able to equal the points total of the previous manager in his last season with:

1. A new set of ideas that makes us play better football but takes time to implement.

2. A squad so ravaged with serious injuries it has been ludicrious at times, even worse than last season (which I deemed impossible at the time).

Houllier managed 60 points last season. Benitez needs 10 points from the last 6 games to equal that. If we, touch wood, can avoid any more serious injuries, I think he will do just that. Alonso coming back at this stage of the season is a godsend.

PS! Kewell will undoubtedly injure himself the minute he sets foot on a football pitch again, but he doesn't really count anymore.

Well said Comrade Toilet Flusher.

I didn't. I'm suggesting that being better than Juve over two matches does not suggest we have a good team, when we have proved to be not as good as Everton and equal to Bolton over 32 matches.

I didn't. I'm suggesting that being better than Juve over two matches does not suggest we have a good team, when we have proved to be not as good as Everton and equal to Bolton over 32 matches.

Our 'bread and butter' is not 32 games though. Wait till the end of the season before comparing season to season!

Do you think this season with Ged in charge we would have finished any higher than 4th (and make the final of the League Cup and semis of the CL)?

If you answer no then its an improvemnt, and I've not even mentioned the improved style of play!

Our 'bread and butter' is not 32 games though. Wait till the end of the season before comparing season to season!

Do you think this season with Ged in charge we would have finished any higher than 4th (and make the final of the League Cup and semis of the CL)?

If you answer no then its an improvemnt, and I've not even mentioned the improved style of play!

Exactly - and there's this too:

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez believes the club's progress to the final four of the Champions League will make Anfield a preferred destination for Europe's top players.

The former Valencia coach has already brought in star names such as Xabi Alonso and Fernando Morientes and believes the job of recruiting more has been helped by the Reds' exploits in Europe.

He told the Daily Express: "With the foreign players now, they see Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final and think 'It's a good team, a good club' and that makes it easier for me.

"We have got a better chance of signing better quality players now. We will look at the situation at the end of the season, but it will certainly be easier to sell the club to foreign players, in particular, when they see Liverpool in the last four of the Champions League.

"We have always been a big club, but for them Liverpool is attractive again."

And our income from this season will look a damn sight more healthy than any of us would have expected if you want to talk about 'bread and butter'. We've also become a hell of a lot more attractive to potential investors, which must be a prime objective for the club at present.

Do you think this season with Ged in charge we would have finished any higher than 4th

I've never claimed Houllier was a better manager than Rafa. I've also said that there is a better style of play - but only at home. The fact that we are only as good as Bolton and Everton however does not look like improvement to me. Don't claim injuries as the reason, compare the players available to the three managers.

I really don't see why this arguement is continuing, if it was a court case the judge would throw it out.

I've never claimed Houllier was a better manager than Rafa. I've also said that there is a better style of play - but only at home. The fact that we are only as good as Bolton and Everton however does not look like improvement to me. Don't claim injuries as the reason, compare the players available to the three managers.

I really don't see why this arguement is continuing, if it was a court case the judge would throw it out.

Ive not mentioned injuries!

We will finish above Everton and Bolton!

Allardyce has been at the club for years and all the players understood the way (kick and rush!) he wanted them to play.

Moyes has a settled squad (with Rooney gone) and all the players knew what was wanted of them.

Rafa comes in and trys to change the whole set up of the club and still will get 4th.

4th is not where we want to be next season but this has been an improvement!