You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm suddenly feeling a lot more confident about tomorrow...

El Rojo

Antonio Nunez will miss Saturday's trip to Southampton as the former Real Madrid winger starts a three match ban following his sending-off at Burnley.

Nunez will miss Liverpool's games with Southampton, Watford in the Carling Cup and the trip to Charlton Athletic. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that we as LFC fans are relying on a Real Madrid reserve and reject to be our right winger - a lad that is so good he has played 25 times in 5 years mainly as sub. If we want someone to put in crosses - Pongolle can do it.... and he is quicker, trickier and far more classier than Nunez.

As Dave said in the latest issue of TLW - "Nunez is shit, Partridge can do everything he can and more except 'head the ball and he cost nowt"

But as you are small time Col, I'd expect you to attack me only - am an easy target on forums.

I find it funny that we as LFC fans are relying on a Real Madrid reserve and reject to be our right winger - a lad that is so good he has played 25 times in 5 years mainly as sub. If we want someone to put in crosses - Pongolle can do it.... and he is quicker, trickier and far more classier than Nunez.

As Dave said in the latest issue of TLW - "Nunez is shit, Partridge can do everything he can and more except 'head the ball and he cost nowt"

But as you are small time Col, I'd expect you to attack me only - am an easy target on forums.

"I'm an easy target" and I wonder why that is.

Obviously it isn't because you are a total cock with the IQ of the vegetable counter at Asda.

but Partridge is injured all the time and Nunez cost nowt, Nunez has provided quality balls into the box in his last few games, Pongolle has played wide right and left and hasint done any of the things you say....dont be so predictable and do something new for a change i.e. get behind players who wear the shirt

but Partridge is injured all the time and Nunez cost nowt, Nunez has provided quality balls into the box in his last few games, Pongolle has played wide right and left and hasint done any of the things you say....dont be so predictable and do something new for a change i.e. get behind players who wear the shirt

So I take it you are a Salif Diao fan as well then if that is your attitude.

Blimey Tez, he'll be calling you small-time and exhibiting the traits of someone suffering from Paranoid Delusional Syndrome.

think the constant bashing of Nunez is unfair, i really think he has provided the best crossing of any of our players this season, all last season we bemoaned the fact that we played throught the middle and had no width, well Nunez offers us that and admit he aint been over impressive he has though offered width and some great balls into the box which in time someone like Morientes will benifit from greatly, as for the Sherrif i always supported him when he played for us and he always gave 100%

think the constant bashing of Nunez is unfair, i really think he has provided the best crossing of any of our players this season, all last season we bemoaned the fact that we played throught the middle and had no width, well Nunez offers us that and admit he aint been over impressive he has though offered width and some great balls into the box which in time someone like Morientes will benifit from greatly, as for the Sherrif i always supported him when he played for us and he always gave 100%

Did you actually SEE the Norwich game? His crossing was absolutely atrocious and since he has been here his actual ratio for successful crosses is very very poor. Sure, he might put the odd decent one across every once in a while but it is law of averages really.

It is blatantly obvious he isn't good enough and I feel sorry for him but for actual ability he is probably the least talented player I have ever seen playing for Liverpool with the possible exception of Sean 'Crocodile' Dundee.

The decision to sell Danny Murphy is looking a bad one at the moment.

If he showed half the attitude and ability of Terry Mac then fair enough but ther fact remains one or two balls into the box in a full game isnt enough. Im all for giving players the opportunity to prove themselves. The least they can do when things arent going for them form wise is to show willing, get stuck in and play the simple game.

What he did against Burnley was boarding inexcusable. He tried 3 times to elbow Grant. 1.0 down 6 / 7 mins left. He knew hed walk when he did it. And the fact its not the first time hes hid in games

Real Madrid Ressies in not the premiership and hes finding that out fast

Did you actually SEE the Norwich game? His crossing was absolutely atrocious and since he has been here his actual ratio for successful crosses is very very poor. Sure, he might put the odd decent one across every once in a while but it is law of averages really.

It is blatantly obvious he isn't good enough and I feel sorry for him but for actual ability he is probably the least talented player I have ever seen playing for Liverpool with the possible exception of Sean 'Crocodile' Dundee.

he put at least six super crosses in against Watford but no one there to captalise, also when he came on againsT united he whipped in acouple of dangerous crosses, remember a lovely ball to Garcia at the back post which he should have squared to Baros rather then tempting the impossible....the other night he crossed a ball into the area that Pongo manaed to head over when in a great position, dont think its a case of one every now and again, thats abit unfair..

I agree with the sentiment but if we hadn't have sold then we probably wouldn't have bought Alonso so there were other factors.

Rash mate, don't be hypocritical. Further up this thread someone posted their opinion and all you did in reply was laugh.

he put at least six super crosses in against Watford but no one there to captalise, also when he came on againsT united he whipped in acouple of dangerous crosses, remember a lovely ball to Garcia at the back post which he should have squared to Baros rather then tempting the impossible....the other night he crossed a ball into the area that Pongo manaed to head over when in a great position, dont think its a case of one every now and again, thats abit unfair..

So I take it you think he is good enough to be playing for us then. We are trying to catch Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd and having bums like him playing for us on a regular basis is not gonna help our cause in the long run. He wouldn't get a sniff of their 1st 11.

I wanted him so much to be a success but even though he has not played many games you can tell he just hasn't got it.

Now thats a debate in itself - Garcia or Murphy?

Tough call.

Aye it is a tough one. Both have their own merits on what they would bring to the team but for me I would just say Murphy shades it but things could change.

I know the Charlton fans were giving him a bit of stick earlier in the season, don't know what their take is on him now.

We will find out next week.