You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mo, The Vote - time to go?

Mo the poll - stay or go?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Mo this summer, assuming we take it out of the hands of the new manager

• Offer a new deal and keep him till the end of his career
    • Let him see out his contract
    • Sell him for any type of market value fee
    • Sell him but only for a massive fee

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

As for the original question and poll, I have no real opinion on it because it will all come down to what Mo wants to do. If he doesn't want to leave then there's nothing the club can do about it.

I don't think there's any chance that Edwards offers him a new deal though, so the most likely scenario is that he plays out the final year and if he's still delivering he might get another one year extension if that's what he wants. This stuff happening right now will blow over.

Anyone thinking we can just sell him to Saudi for £100m is going to be disappointed I think.

If we tell him he won’t be first choice next season, he’ll have his agent working on an exit within five minutes.  I don’t think we’ll get mega bucks for him though. 

2 minutes ago, aws said:

If we tell him he won’t be first choice next season, he’ll have his agent working on an exit within five minutes.  I don’t think we’ll get mega bucks for him though. 

I don't think he will. I also don't think we'd tell him that.

33 minutes ago, aws said:

Why would we tell our best player he will not be first choice, are we looking for a midtable finish?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Before Christmas he was playing better than ever. Came back from AFCON injured as hasn’t been the same since. 

I think he can get back to his best with a restful summer - no Olympics. If he signs a 12 month extension I’d keep him another season and cash in after that. 

10 minutes ago, Code said:

Why would we tell our best player he will not be first choice, are we looking for a midtable finish?

When do you stop accommodating your best player not playing to the required level?

• Upvote 1

I’ve gone for the first sell option. For a fee of around £60m plus. 

I decided as I did purely for footballing reasons. I think the whole row with Klopp thing has been blown up entirely out of proportion. Nobody knows what was said. Nobody knows if Klopp instigated it by saying something out of order to Salah. Nobody knows if there’s been a bit of tension brewing before the West Ham game. What Salah said to the press afterwards is fairly ambiguous and innocuous. If both parties are happy that a line has been drawn under it, then the row shouldn’t really be relevant to any decision to keep or sell.

Mané had a fair few strops and directed his dissatisfaction directly at Klopp a few times. I don’t remember the same desire to sell him when this happened. 

But, footballing wise, it just kind of makes sense to sell now. His value is only going to go down from here. He seems to have dropped a level. Even if he is still getting 20+ goals a season for us. His creativity seems to have improved. But, his overall play and what he brings to the team’s attack has gone downhill. There’s been many a game where he’s been isolated on the left and not really got into the game. Plus, there’s been many instances of attacks breaking down whenever the ball goes to Salah, with him either having a sloppy, heavy touch or running down blind alleys. He’s been a very frustrating player to watch at times. 

And, we, as a club, have done fairly well in commanding high fees for attacking players whilst also knowing when it’s exactly the right time to get rid. I think Salah has been absolutely brilliant for the club, but it feels like we’ve now reached that point in his Liverpool career. 

28 minutes ago, redinblack said:

When do you stop accommodating your best player not playing to the required level?

We are not accommodating him at all, the opposite I would say. 

I imagine he'll be gone in a year ow two anyway, so maybe pulling the trigger now would be the best move financially, especially if it means Arl Slot has a bit of extra freedom to build the team with his own identity. 

Although if he stays he'll probably still be our top scorer next season, which gives Arl Slot a more stable starting off point, rather than building from scratch. 

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sell him for as much as we can get. Otherwise keep him. He’s always been a petulant twat but he’s a winner and one of our greatest ever players 

This.

I'd love to see Mo playing behind the striker. His passing and vision is exceptional. Bit like when Molby and Barnes got older/injuries and became more playmakers.

https://twitter.com/Arif_AT8/status/1784217160417468896

Id have liked to have kept him, but it looks like the touch line issue yesterday was (from this video, might have been shared elsewhere on here so apologies if so) down to him not hugging Klopp before he went on. In which case, you just can’t do that. He should go, still a club legend but this isn’t the right attitude to have 

27 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

This.

I'd love to see Mo playing behind the striker. His passing and vision is exceptional. Bit like when Molby and Barnes got older/injuries and became more playmakers.

He already sort of is playing behind the striker. His statistical profile has changed since Nunez got to the club. More progressive passes and he isn't taking players on out wide.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He already sort of is playing behind the striker. His statistical profile has changed since Nunez got to the club. Many more progressive passes and he isn't taking players on out wide as much.

Which games? Not being clever just intrigued to see what I've missed.

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Do you not worry about a new and less high profile manager having to deal with him, though? 

Cristiano Ronaldo was a good source of goals under Ten Hag too when we were all laughing our arses off at that particular circus.

He’s not the same as him and mostly carried himself as a professional since he got here. 

As well as goals, his 13 assists for the season is very good and will be higher still once we bring in some proper forwards.

3 hours ago, redinblack said:

You think he would wear that? I dont

I’d wait for him to sign a new contract before I told him that and then I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I would offer him a new contract, he's our best player. He should fuck off international tourneys though, every time he comes back from AFCON he plays bad. So a one year deal would be fine for 

And if he doesn't fuck off playing for the country he loves?

40 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

https://twitter.com/Arif_AT8/status/1784217160417468896

Id have liked to have kept him, but it looks like the touch line issue yesterday was (from this video, might have been shared elsewhere on here so apologies if so) down to him not hugging Klopp before he went on. In which case, you just can’t do that. He should go, still a club legend but this isn’t the right attitude to have 

They shook hands long before that