You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Just play through them centrally- they are cart horses. If you get possession in the box they will take you out- especially Pickford 

They're defending in two banks of 4 the width of the 6 yard box.

1 minute ago, SilverSong said:

The line was drawn from Konate's elbow wasnt it. How does that make it onside. I dont get it. Its not being discussed so I must just be wrong.

It was, it was also drawn at an angle but he was still playing them on without that

2 minutes ago, AHA said:

I was called a dramatic cunt for slagging this midfield off against Atlanta but I stand by it. Not one of them has the balls to take the game on. Safe passes every time. Where's the drive, where’s the urgency. No game intelligence between them. There’s no excuse for being up against a tactical masterclass from the Italians, it’s fucking Everton.  Elliot for Jones and Endo for MacAllistair. MacAllastair is unlikely to see the game out. Giving silly fouls away is going to get him sent off.

They create enough chances, but the clowns up front waste everything.

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Trent on the goal just gets funnier and funnier the more you watch it.  Have you ever seen a top flight right back ever defend like that?

I think he shit out of it. Had a little look over his shoulder, saw the Everton player coming and didn't fancy the challenge. But that's him isn't it? He must be a managers dream and nightmare all at the same time, so talented but seems to have no interest in doing the ugly stuff.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

They're defending in two banks of 4 the width of the 6 yard box.

Play into them. Surely we have the technique? Quick passing? Going wide and lobbing it in for 8 Grocks to lap up isn’t working 

1 minute ago, Code said:

Not really, but he has not got the ball, because of our pedestrian play. 

How can an attacking wide player be good if he never gets the ball?

When he has got it, he's either lost it or mishit the shot. Take off your Mo sunglasses.

6 minutes ago, Code said:

We must be the most pedestrian team in the league at the moment, what the fuck has happened to us?

We get the ball forward so slowly its almost like watching walking football.

Its all down to our defenders and midfielders, when they finally release the ball forward our attacking players usually have ended up going backwards.

Skocking defending for the goal, if Konate is sold in the summer I wont give it a seconds thought, he’s a but rubbish really and he is certainly part of the reason we cant get the ball forward quickly.

Nunez with a terrible miss again, Diaz and Salah also with chances but not sitters like Nunez.

We need to get the ball forward quicker, simple as that, and we need to get Salah involved more, but that will happen if we release the ball faster. 

Lame attempt to distract from another pitiful Salah performance.

£350k a week is it? 

Were this team actually surprised that Everton were up for this game at the start? I've given up asking how they can keep starting games like they're half asleep. You'd think if it happened once or twice it would lead to adjustments and extra focus, but it's just the same half-assed crap at the start of every single game. 

The only thing more incompetent than the goal we conceded was the finishing from the forwards. The finishing since the trip to Old Trafford has been genuinely embarrassing. If they're not missing the target altogether it's just some tame shot straight at the keeper even when they have all the time in the world and the entire goal to aim at. I'm not sure I'd be confident in them scoring if they were faced with an open goal a yard out at present. It's a shame Jota is made of biscuits. I'm genuinely sick of watching Nunez now. I've really wanted to get on board the Darwin train, but that train is now completely derailed for me. Mo resembles someone who has won a competition to play for a premier league team now.

We may turn it around. Probably not. I'm pretty much past the point of caring now. This team seems to have suffered a collective lobotomy since the FA Cup loss at Old Trafford.

The ref has been an utter joke as well. Soft foul after soft foul for them, including a joke of a decision for the freekick that led to the goal. I can understand why Klopp is so livid, particularly as it's a completely different story whenever they commit fouls. But if we drop points here it's on us. These are absolutely shit, and to approach a derby at this point of the season with the title still on the line and to not be right at it right from the first whistle is absolutely unforgiveable. 

Just now, Moo said:

I think he shit out of it. Had a little look over his shoulder, saw the Everton player coming and didn't fancy the challenge. But that's him isn't it? He must be a managers dream and nightmare all at the same time, so talented but seems to have no interest in doing the ugly stuff.

It’s his behaviour after it as well.  What is going through his mind is genuinely fascinating.  Like he completely devoids himself of any responsibility.  Not trying to get back for a worst case scenario which then develops and he’s a mile away so it can be someone else’s fault.

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Fuck me there are some fickle bed wetting fans in here. It’s a derby, we’ve missed a lot of chances. Get behind the fucking team 

Get back to reality. We don’t win anything with two clowns in attack.

You lot might be watching a pile of shite but I'm listening to one. I'm trapped in the boats lounge unable to talk to anyone as some bint doing a one person karaoke to all the stuff like Carpenters, Celine Dion normally quiet enough in the background music but this bird is blasting it out with the volume you'd normally associate with a fucking Appolo moon launch. Shes got some dim bats dancing now.

Im seriously going to kill someone if either or both of these scenarios continue.