You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our next manager, your choice, the poll.

Code

Who do you want as our next manager? The poll.  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our new manager

• Xabi Alonso
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Luis Enrique
    • Michel Sánchez
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 31/05/24 at 13:10

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Zidane isn't a Liverpool manager, Zidane is a Chelsea manager.

No, I dont think so. He has been extremely selective in his career choices. He has been offered a million things since he left Madrid and rejected them all.

The job he will take, if any, will either be sentimental like a Juve or France, or it will be a job he knows he can be successful in/knows he will be given time. 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, I dont think so. He has been extremely selective in his career choices. He has been offered a million things since he left Madrid and rejected them all.

The job he will take, if any, will either be sentimental like a Juve or France, or it will be a job he knows he can be successful in/knows he will be given time. 

Not a Chelsea manager in terms of that's the job he's waiting for but in terms of the type of club who could provide what he wants (especially in the Abramovich days).

Stay 2 or 3 years, massive amounts of money, no real consideration towards future planning, pick up some silverware and move on, same with Mourinho and these days to an extent Ancelotti (although he's earned it at this stage in his career).

The reverse is I don't consider Pochettino/Potter as Chelsea managers they're more Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal style managers (not that I'm suggesting them as options).

33 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Strange poll this one, some weird/unrealistic options (Zidane? Guardiola?!) and some obvious runners not included at all (Frank, Inzaghi, Emery, Postecoglou).

Wouldn't want that arsehole anywhere our club.  He can shove his 'mate' bollocks up his fucking hoop.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not a Chelsea manager in terms of that's the job he's waiting for but in terms of the type of club who could provide what he wants.

Stay 2 or 3 years, massive amounts of money, no real consideration towards future planning, pick up some silverware and move on, same with Mourinho and these days to an extent Ancelotti (although he's earned it at this stage in his career).

The reverse is I don't consider Pochettino/Potter as Chelsea managers they're more Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal style managers (not that I'm suggesting them as options).

The problem with Zidane is that it's not even certain he wants to be a manager.

He got the biggest job in the world out of the gate and was successful. What he can do after that is sit on an unimpeachable legacy, and that's what he's done.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

The problem with Zidane is that it's not even certain he wants to be a manager.

He got the biggest job in the world out of the gate and was successful. What he can do after that is sit on an unpeachable legacy, and that's what he's done.

It's why a sentimental Juve job would be a weird choice, his heart just doesn't seem in it, maybe that changes at some point.

Those type of managers need/want lots of money, best club, easy ride to a few leagues and a champions league to pad out the stats over a two/three year period and then another few years off.

Just doesn't pass the Liverpool manager test.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

It's why a sentimental Juve job would be a weird choice, his heart just doesn't seem in it, maybe that changes at some point.

Those type of managers need/want lots of money, best club, easy ride to a few leagues and a champions league to pad out the stats over a two/three year period and then another few years off.

Just doesn't pass the Liverpool manager test.

I would reach out to him if I was FSG just to see because his case is interesting.

I think there might be a chance he has been waiting for an "interesting project" but ultimately, I don't disagree with you that it would be weird.

I voted De Zerbi. I understand why everyone wants Alonso, but I’d be worried it’s far too soon and we haven’t seen how he’d react to adversity or big pressure, of which there’ll be loads at Liverpool. 

My dislike of him aside, if what is doing now proves to be his standard then he’d be the right appointment. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I voted De Zerbi. I understand why everyone wants Alonso, but I’d be worried it’s far too soon and we haven’t seen how he’d react to adversity or big pressure, of which there’ll be loads at Liverpool. 

My dislike of him aside, if what is doing now proves to be his standard then he’d be the right appointment. 

He’s coming back, get over it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

He’s coming back, get over it.

I think he probably is, and he’ll get my 100% support, but I think it’s very early in his career for what is basically an end destination and not one you learn in. That makes me nervous. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I think he probably is, and he’ll get my 100% support, but I think it’s very early in his career for what is basically an end destination and not one you learn in. That makes me nervous. 

Not even here yet and you want him gone. Sickening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Think football has changed, look at lots of big clubs and young relatively inexperienced managers, often with a link to the club, are the norm, doesn't always work but it's no different to any appointment.

Realistically is Benevento, Sassuolo, Shakhtar Donetsk and 16 months at Brighton a career that just needs a final club to finish it off?

5 hours ago, Brownie said:

Absolute no brainer. Xabi, all day.

Only other one i’d consider would be De Zerbi.

It's funny, De Zerbi has looked a decent manager and I've enjoyed his honesty while in this job and thought he might be a good replacement for klopp one day. Then I watched him today in his press conference and just thought fuck that. I don't think he did anything wrong, mostly just klopp chat, but in the realism that he could be our man, he just seemed like some cheap imitation. 

I don't want any of them really. I don't even know if Xabi could do it. 

4 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I'd say Ancelotti would love to manage us. 

Is that just to boil some piss on the banks of the royal blue Mersey? 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

HUGE BOOST FOR LFC HOPEFUL ALONSO  AS LIVERPOOLWAY POSTER JOHNNY H VOWS ‘HE’LL GET MY 100%’ 

• Upvote 1

He’s my choice too, but by any reasonable standard, the Xabi thing is completely fraught and a massive gamble. 

He’s never had to deal with adversity or a loss of form yet, which in many ways is the acid test. Also, he’s yet to actually win anything. 

Emery would be a safer call than De Zerbi. 

• Upvote 1