You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

that’s not hate, that’s just pointing out he’s an appalling player and a moron.  

So appalling he played for and Captained the best team in Europe for a handfull of seasons under one of the world's best managers? Utter bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

On 18/01/2024 at 16:58, Bjornebye said:

I too can't stand his hair or his little sex-pest goatee but he's a very talented footballer who will only get better and I'm glad we've got him. 

I've only ever hated a few players. Ruddock, even as a 9 year old I knew he wasn't the type o person we should have at this club. Diouf obviously, Charlie Adam and Paul Konchesky (fuck me they were grim times) and Glen Johnson who I still believe was a key part in us losing the title when he came back from injury and pushed Flanagan out of the side. 

In 13/14? We won 12 and drew one of the last 14 games in the league that season. Both Flanagan and Johnson played in both the Chelsea and Palace games. 

We won 14, drew 3 and lost 1 after Christmas. Flanagan played in all but one of the 4 games where they dropped points. He was injured for that. 

Weird how we remember things

I spend as much of the year as possible in Poznan, Poland. My family has an apartment near the medical university there. A very good, competitive medical university for locals. But also a university that accepts foreign dimwits with sufficient cash. Notably Norwegians.

Every time I encounter these dimwits - who are an obnoxious but moneyed bunch beyond adequate description - I think of Code. 

Does this answer the original thread question? 

13 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I spend as much of the year as possible in Poznan, Poland. My family has an apartment near the medical university there. A very good, competitive medical university for locals. But also a university that accepts foreign dimwits with sufficient cash. Notably Norwegians.

Every time I encounter these dimwits - who are an obnoxious but moneyed bunch beyond adequate description - I think of Code. 

Does this answer the original thread question? 

Unfair to Code, granted. 

But this is a recent example of Norwegian medical students in Poland:

On 19/01/2024 at 18:16, Bobby Hundreds said:

Ljinders is my fall guy whether he deserves it or not. He doesn't. It's just his obsessive optimism, forced psychological tidbits. He clearly loves and is obsessed with what he does, it makes him happy. I dont like it! It's unnerving  fucking Tony Robbins, Sherry Bobbins ! I'm fucking tired, sleep will fix me not self belief! Not believe and achieve. In fact its him whispering "you can finish, your'e a phenomenal finisher" in Nunezs ear that's removing his instinct and putting the question in his head "I can do this... I'm a phenomenal boy" rather than kicking the cunt right in that giant rectangle without thought. I know it is Ljinders!

Yep, I'm not a fan of Ljinders either. Yeah, he is good at his job but he just grinds my gears. Talks and gives away too much. He really should learn how to give some guarded answers if he truly has aspirations of being a Liverpool manager one day.

I still haven't heard of any other assistant coach anywhere else putting out a book while actively at a club. Klopp hasn't put out a book but Ljinders is there flogging his book and basically forcing players to have a copy in one of the most cringeworthy videos of Klopp's era.