You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Tue 26th Dec 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

49 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The only issue on our side was the finishing. The game should have been dead inside 25 minutes. Obviously the ridiculous goals chalked off doesn’t help. But the game should have been dead. The forwards need to sort their shit out  especially with Mo disappearing for a month. 

Agree that the finishing and quality in the final third was not good enough.

Still three of our forwards plus Elliott all scored today.

Combination of our own lack of ruthlessness in attack, plus the officials appearing to want this to be a close contest, meant that we took an age to wrap things up.

It's really hard to understand why 'clear and obvious' is used as a yardstick for some VAR interventions, yet for others such as offsides they want to be absolute. This led to Cody having a goal ruled out because Bald Manc Cunt Tierney saw a foul by Darwin in the build-up. The was no foul, but the VAR (another dickhead obviously) didn't see it as a clear and obvious error so it stayed with the on-field decision. Harvey's goal being ruled out was worse, and I put the fault with both Tierney and the VAR. The VAR did not bother to show or advise that Mo had been shoved into an offside position, Tierney didn't bother to ask for the full build-up (thereby seeing the shove), and didn't bother to consider that Trafford was not getting to the ball regardless of whether an offside player was in his eyeline. Didn't City have a goal given earlier this season even though one of their players as offside, was in the keeper's eyeline AND made a play for the ball?

Going back to our lack of ruthlessness in attack, as a team, even though there are occasions we slow it down, I don't it's a lack of effort to the point we get to the edge of the area. It's at that point where in games against teams down at the bottom, we are a bit complacent. Also, when we have the ball out wide, we don't have a forward prepared to make a run across the front of their marker towards the near post. Cody did it once today and didn't manage to get on the end of the ball in, but he might have had he been more proactive in making the run and anticipating the ball in. We didn't see it from Darwin or Mo.

With Darwin getting caught offside, there are occasions where he does go too early, but lately I'm seeing that we are not releasing the pass early enough. He wants to be on the shoulder of the last defender but we are not playing to that when the opportunities are there.

A 2-0 win that we could have turned into 5 or 6 had we tried to be more ruthless.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

With Darwin getting caught offside, there are occasions where he does go too early, but lately I'm seeing that we are not releasing the pass early enough. He wants to be on the shoulder of the last defender but we are not playing to that when the opportunities are there.

Was trying to watch this on the TV today. Looked like a few times he didn't even bother to make the run and started dropping deeper as he wasn't getting the pass

Thought the first half was fine, we consistently created good openings and with a bit more luck we'd have been well out of sight (even with the perfectly fine second goal we'd have gone clear), second half was frustrating but the ref was handing them all the momentum and the Prime team wanted to set the narrative for a shock so I was always going to get a bit wound up. 

Elliot's goal should have been allowed imo, he was in an offside position, but was fouled to get there. Really harsh to penalise him for that, but it is Salah, he's never getting that counted as a foul.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Liverpool Ladies was a mess back then in relation to Everton Ladies. It wasnt a paid professional role at the time,merely expenses.

Yeah but bit's the "fuck it I'm off to ev then" flippant remark I don't like. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Everybody went to Everton back then. They were more successful and had the Ladies Manager running their team too. It was a different world to what they have now.

She's still an arsehole. 

Stop trying to ruin my buzz of yernited losing 2-0 

Burnley need a new manager.  Trying to play that way against teams who are much better at it than you is only going to end one way.  Any talk about Kompany sticking to his footballing philosophy is all well and good for the first 5-10 matches of the season; if it's still not working after that, refusing to change is just stupid.

39 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Combination of our own lack of ruthlessness in attack, plus the officials appearing to want this to be a close contest, meant that we took an age to wrap things up.

It's really hard to understand why 'clear and obvious' is used as a yardstick for some VAR interventions, yet for others such as offsides they want to be absolute. This led to Cody having a goal ruled out because Bald Manc Cunt Tierney saw a foul by Darwin in the build-up. The was no foul, but the VAR (another dickhead obviously) didn't see it as a clear and obvious error so it stayed with the on-field decision. Harvey's goal being ruled out was worse, and I put the fault with both Tierney and the VAR. The VAR did not bother to show or advise that Mo had been shoved into an offside position, Tierney didn't bother to ask for the full build-up (thereby seeing the shove), and didn't bother to consider that Trafford was not getting to the ball regardless of whether an offside player was in his eyeline. Didn't City have a goal given earlier this season even though one of their players as offside, was in the keeper's eyeline AND made a play for the ball?

Going back to our lack of ruthlessness in attack, as a team, even though there are occasions we slow it down, I don't it's a lack of effort to the point we get to the edge of the area. It's at that point where in games against teams down at the bottom, we are a bit complacent. Also, when we have the ball out wide, we don't have a forward prepared to make a run across the front of their marker towards the near post. Cody did it once today and didn't manage to get on the end of the ball in, but he might have had he been more proactive in making the run and anticipating the ball in. We didn't see it from Darwin or Mo.

A 2-0 win that we could have turned into 5 or 6 had we tried to be more ruthless.

Or 4-0 if the officials hadn’t been so ruthless. ;-)

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You may have to wait; wait until someone posts something misogynistic, at least.

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I don't see any misogyny. She's definitely a fucking arsehole though. Make what you will of that. 

I was talking about elements of the media and social media (oppo fans) suggesting it. I wasn’t suggesting he was.