You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - Sat 23rd Dec 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

49 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Arsenal fans are so far up their own arses. Top nonsensical analysis here. The only thing that happened was that Trent put more force than he needed in the shot. No Arsenal player affected it whatsoever.

That’s absolute nonsense isn’t it.

Salah was perfect, he times and weights the pass perfectly, he even chooses the right player.

as you say Trent hit it too hard, but also I think it bobbled a bit as well meaning he got under it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

This is obviously true, but also the point where it's worth reminding ourselves it's a team in transition. A genuine title challenge (i.e. in the running come April, not December) would be remarkable. 

Or we could pile criticism on tired legs or players struggling for form because that's what we do apparently. Everton aren't we?

I'm in no way criticising us - just pointing out the similarities with the 2009 season and how draws can hurt...

But (and this is the thing for me) that 2009 season where we lost by 4 pts we got 86 pts.

If we get 86 pts this season i reckon we probably win the league....

This season is not going to need 90 pts or a silly 97 plus like we have seen in recent times - mid 80's will IMO take it and as it stands that is the rate we are going at as we hit halfway.......We'll need some luck with injuries for a change and no Salah for a month scares me to death - but i feel if we can get to mid Feb relatively unscathed and if we are able to add in Jan, there is no reason we can't be at the worst close to winning it - even as a team in transition and still forming a new identity.

I feel there is more to come from this side this season.....

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Chris said:

I thought I detected a bit of Nigerian in him. 

Sadly the Asian's are also very capable of organising January international tournaments too. Some sides in the PL loose up to 7 players next month. It's fucking mental. You'd think these FAs pay the wages. 

3 hours ago, Code said:

And weirdly for once Gallagher has said it's handball! Haha.

2 hours ago, Code said:

We have 11 points more now than at the same stage last season. With 39 points we have the same points City had after 18 games last season.

IMG_9638.jpeg

IMG_9641.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg

IMG_9643.jpeg

It's almost like @The Woolster is back. 

I have an almost visceral aversion to Arsenal and their insufferable fans. For years under Graham and others they bored other fans to tears with their shamelessly horrible football, then when Wenger took over they suddenly decided they were the sole connoiseurs of the beautiful game, shouting 'hoof' at other teams even when a keeper took a goal kick. Then, when things started to go awry again, impossibly large sacks of goose fat named things like 'Splatz' and 'Twatz', who had achieved the geographic miracle of having been born simultaneously in North London and Jamaica, took to YouTube to address the world about how unhappy they were about their glorious team, and expected the world to give a shit. They spend entire games singing about their opponents, then whine if their own team doesn't get three points. Add all of them collectively to a Borges-style map, stand back, and you'll see it forms a portrait of Piers Morgan. Land-fill is too good for those preening, Coke-watered wankers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

I have an almost visceral aversion to Arsenal and their insufferable fans. For years under Graham and others they bored other fans to tears with their shamelessly horrible football, then when Wenger took over they suddenly decided they were the sole connoiseurs of the beautiful game, shouting 'hoof' at other teams even when a keeper took a goal kick. Then, when things started to go awry again, impossibly large sacks of goose fat named things like 'Splatz' and 'Twatz', who had achieved the geographic miracle of having been born simultaneously in North London and Jamaica, took to YouTube to address the world about how unhappy they were about their glorious team, and expected the world to give a shit. They spend entire games singing about their opponents, then whine if their own team doesn't get three points. Add all of them collectively to a Borges-style map, stand back, and you'll see it forms a portrait of Piers Morgan. Land-fill is too good for those preening, Coke-watered wankers.

"Splatz and Twatz" hahahaha.

Arsenal fans are morphing into Evertonians. Today’s conspiracy roundup:

1. We didn’t cut the grass since Wednesday and deliberately left it long.

2. We overwatered the pitch to flood it and so they wouldn’t have the correct studs, causing their players to constantly slip. This one is often accompanied by a fake video of a ground with red seats which isn’t Anfield and is a lower division ground, with groundsmen brushing water off a waterlogged pitch.

3. That Klopp was well outside of his technical area when Tsimikas went into him, and that caused the injury. Even though video and pictures show it’s nonsense.

If we don’t win it, and City do storm back, or Villa pip them, and take it by a point, I’m going full studs up on Arsenal Twitter. Insufferable twats.

Meanwhile…

image.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It's a obvious penalty, he slips panicky and grants at the ball. But I don't think it cost us the points as it was such a short space of time between that and the goal. Different story if its after the equaliser

Yeah, but what it did was illustrate is VAR was not going to punish them which allowed them to shithouse it all over the park and knew they'd not be punished for it. That shithouse challenge by saka on kostas never happens unless he thinks the refs giving fuck all and the var won't overule. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1