You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (A) - Sat 9th Dec 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Like Milner, he’s always a good bet for 1st yellow card !!!

Personally, that doesn’t bother me at all. We need to be bigger shit houses IMO. 

Agree, but our lads know just as much as we do that certain referees give free kicks against us for fun and book us for fuck all. I still can’t believe more wasn’t made of that challenge on Mac, which was surely reckless as a minimum (ie yellow), the fact that it was declared ‘accidental’ is irrelevant. Curtis’s red at Spurs was accidental but VAR came up with a completely opposite view on that occasion. We definitely should use some of the same snidey shit that everyone else employs, as we get fuck all credit for being good guys.

klopp normally likes some changes when the turn around is short like this one. obviously 1 change is enforced with macca being injured and i would think endo comes in. and at left back kostas will come back. then i guess it is a toss up between gomez and konate for the 2nd centre back job - can you trust konates body on such a turn around? nunez will come in - maybe for diaz with gakpo pushing left. although i wouldn't be that shocked to see us play a 442 and drop the hybrid thing for a game, with just nunez and salah, with jones and elliot in the wide mid roles. but just win. then if we're doing well keep going and damage hodgson. we can rest loads for thursday. and i agree klopp will go stronger than he needs in that game, but he will rest all the big players. i would be shocked if vvd, trent and salah even travel. 

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Like Milner, he’s always a good bet for 1st yellow card !!!

Personally, that doesn’t bother me at all. We need to be bigger shit houses IMO. 

He was pissed off and wanted to kick someone. I, for one, respect that.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wouldn't have much of a problem with Villa if they weren't managed my Unai Emery. He's a bit of a twat in my eyes.

He can as much of a cunt as he wants.  If he team doesn't lose to "greatest team in the world" (according to my Arsenal supporting mate) then I'll be quite happy this weekend.  

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Seen people online using the booking as an example of a lack of pace. Like, who saw that and didn't 100% know he did that on purpose to stop play after the pen shout.

He knows his game and knows what he's doing. Would definitely play him on Saturday.

I know.  Mad, isn't it?

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

klopp normally likes some changes when the turn around is short like this one. obviously 1 change is enforced with macca being injured and i would think endo comes in. and at left back kostas will come back. then i guess it is a toss up between gomez and konate for the 2nd centre back job - can you trust konates body on such a turn around? nunez will come in - maybe for diaz with gakpo pushing left. although i wouldn't be that shocked to see us play a 442 and drop the hybrid thing for a game, with just nunez and salah, with jones and elliot in the wide mid roles. but just win. then if we're doing well keep going and damage hodgson. we can rest loads for thursday. and i agree klopp will go stronger than he needs in that game, but he will rest all the big players. i would be shocked if vvd, trent and salah even travel. 

Endo played from start in midweek.

Probably retains place and Jones or Gravenberch replace Mac Allister....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was under the impression he'd been a classless knob with us a couple of times,one after our UEFA Cup loss to his Seville team in the 2016 Final?

Dunno, maybe. To be honest I was at the game and my enthusiasm to read managers match thoughts after ingot home days later were very low. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dunno, maybe. To be honest I was at the game and my enthusiasm to read managers match thoughts after ingot home days later were very low. 

Wasnt another time after the 3-3 game in the CL groups too? Maybe I have misread him but I just had a feeling he'd been a knob in the past towards our bench or fans.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Wasnt another time after the 3-3 game in the CL groups too? Maybe I have misread him but I just had a feeling he'd been a knob in the past towards our bench or fans.

He might have been, I really don't recall. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, my memory is shit unless something interests me.