You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (A) - Sat 9th Dec 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

55 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's still just a rumour so may not happen but my doubt isn't about this game, or his ability, it's looking towards the next group of fixtures.

VVD and Konate are our best pairing, so if Quansah played today would he also play Thursday and if he doesn't play Thursday you're potentially risking Konate in a dead rubber game against Union just before Utd.

If I had to split the playing time then it would be Konate against Palace, Utd and Arsenal, with Quansah getting Union, West Ham and maybe Burnley.

I'd be trying to avoid overloading Konate too much and giving him 1 game a week over the Christmas period.

You’d avoid Konate playing twice in a week by playing him twice in three and a half days?

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

You’d avoid Konate playing twice in a week by playing him twice in three and a half days?

Off the back of not playing in a while and coming up to the busiest point of the season.

If we had a host of young centre backs waiting in the wings then fair enough, hopefully Quansah plays Thursday as well and Konate is fit for Utd.

8 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Can we stop playing all our players? They might get injured, or worse.

Or can we better utilise our squad.

I don't think they will but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Konate and Sobozlai played on Thursday just like it wouldn't surprise me if Klopp threw in one of his mad team selections against one of Utd, Newcastle or Arsenal x2 as he's prone to do around Christmas time (often against Everton) while playing a full strength side against 'lesser' opposition.

Really hope we can overcome whatever Hodge Podge has cooked up for us and get back to the top. I didn't even know Newcastle and City had lost their recent games until I checked earlier too. If we can keep this going for a bit longer without dropping points we might be able to start opening a decent gap at the top and/or at least be comfortably settled in the CL spots.