You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

City getting a very generous VAR decision, apparently. 

What a surprise. 

Just seen it. To be honest, if we had that ruled out then I’d be a bit peeved. It looks like Akanji is offside but the header from Ake was going in anyway and the keeper wasn’t put off by Akanji. I did only see it in real time footage though - no slow downed replay etc. 

Just now, Nelly-Matip said:

Just seen it. To be honest, if we had that ruled out then I’d be a bit peeved. It looks like Akanji is offside but the header from Ake was going in anyway and the keeper wasn’t put off by Akanji. I did only see it in real time footage though - no slow downed replay etc. 

Looked to me as if keeper delayed dive because Akanji had unsighted him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, an tha said:

Looked to me as if keeper delayed dive because Akanji had unsighted him.

That’s what Sky are saying too. If that is the case then it should definitely be disallowed. I think the reasoning for allowing it will be that Akanji didn’t attempt to play the ball and that the keeper committed to the dive anyway. 

I’d like to see it slowed down though to have a more informed opinion. 

Either way, they’re still cunts.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Akanji is trying to play the ball FFS - of course he is off.

Even if they insist that he isn't trying to play it, if Akanji isn't in the way, then it is a routine save for Leno. He cannot dive until the ball passes Akanji, who is an offside position. It is a farce. 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Leno doesn't dive until it passes Akanji. He is adjusting his feet but can't commit, as he doesn’t know where it will go. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

That’s what Sky are saying too. If that is the case then it should definitely be disallowed. I think the reasoning for allowing it will be that Akanji didn’t attempt to play the ball and that the keeper committed to the dive anyway. 

I’d like to see it slowed down though to have a more informed opinion. 

Either way, they’re still cunts.

Glen Murray nails it on bbc site....

As the header from Ake goes past Akanji, his leg flicks out, as if he is trying to kick it.

The keeper hasn't got the chance to comprehend how to change his movement if Akanji does get that touch, so for me that is interfering with play.

That is offside for me.