You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup Final: Internazionale vs Abu Dhabi Oilers (Atatūrk Stadium, Instanbul, June 10, 8pm)

5 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Hopefully, they just fucking lose tonight.

Don't forget, Traore won a European Cup !!!

When you look back on 2005, although aging, that Milan side was the equivalent of todays City side.

Dida, Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka, Shevchenko, Crespo.

You could argue Cafu, Maldini & Pirlo, are, in their own positions, the greatest players to have ever played the game. They are certainly in the conversation. 

Shevchenko was in the conversation for best player in the world at the time and had recently won the Balon D’or. 

And the rest of them were great players as well! 

And then there was a ragamuffin bunch of Dudek, Trarore, Smicer, Kewell, Ciise etc. 

Hopefully something similar happens, where the side full of world class players succumb to a bunch of misfits, tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

20 page thread of people saying they don’t care, really.

Funny. 

While I’ve posted quite heavily in the past couple of hours in here, I’m not arsed. In my mind they’ve won it and I’ve made peace with that. 

I’m more upset about they supporters having a blast in Istanbul, bouncing round Taksim Sq, I assume they have a pre-game festival near the ground etc etc etc than I am them actually winning the trophy. 

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m more upset about they supporters having a blast in Istanbul, bouncing round Taksim Sq, I assume they have a pre-game festival near the ground etc etc etc than I am them actually winning the trophy. 

I'd could murder a Doner.

It's 11.46pm here....

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

No luck needed. I went in there after I got back from Southampton, last game of the season. I drank 8 pink gin and lemo’s between 10:15pm and 12am. A couple of them were doubles. 

Although at about 11pm I noticed that she’d taken the Gordon’s Gin off the wall and was pouring something else into it. I’d like to think it was just a cheaper pink gin but I couldn’t say with any real confidence. 

Shaping up lovely, mate. I was child free last night (still am), just rolled out of bed at half 12 and now I’m gonna lie in the garden and get stoned for a bit. 

Ha , what ya smokin turdsy?

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

Ha , what ya smokin turdsy?

I’ve given up on all the names, to be honest mate. The young lad who sorts it out for us is a big, dozy fucker who likes to waffle on, so at this point it goes in one ear and out the other.

I’m here already, I’m clearly buying it, just shut up, take my money and fuck off. 

• Upvote 1