You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Wed 1st Mar 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Strontium said:

Seen the disallowed goal a few times now and still can't work out where the foul is supposed to be.

Join the ever growing club. This is the whole problem with VAR,it's looking to disallow the goals rather than allow them. It's not the only thing wrong but it is a major part of it.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

The RS media ladies and gentlemen.

AABD700E-46D3-4890-B30C-A55496568671.png

A7DF3294-87E9-4E75-81C0-B18AFA1C6EDB.png

1st time I've seen it, and for me it looked as if Fab was trying to take the ball on the turn and mistimed it as the lad came in with the tackle, and he ended up standing on him by mistake.

I think a yellow was a bit harsh to be fair. Fab could have made it easier on himself by just nicking the ball out of the way instead of trying and failing to be flash!

My initial thought on seeing it was that Lemina lunged in, but tried to get his studs down, Fabinho saw him, got out of the way (quite reasonably) and then landed on Lemina, who stayed down fearing he would be in a lot of trouble. The verdict should have been yellow card to Lemina for being reckless. If Fabinho got a card it should have been red for a supposed stamp. How Fabinho ended up with a yellow is a complete mystery. Welcome to the wierd world of Paul Tierney.

• Upvote 2

Using stills in these sort of situations os absolute bollocks - can make any touch appear like a bad one. Gives no context to how much force is behind 'contact' shown or intention.

Same as way they use VAR to zoom in amd rock stuff back and forth....absolute bollocks.

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Seen the disallowed goal a few times now and still can't work out where the foul is supposed to be.

There was an angle they only showed once, from the Kemlyn side and Jota definitely gives Kilman a good kick on the inside of his calf, the argument for me being that he wouldn't have been on the floor if he hadn't been shoved there in the first place

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

To be fair, the angle I am talking about it was definitely a deliberate kick.

This is only a still so limited in what it shows.

I suppose it could be argued getting pushed doesn’t mean you kick your leg. But as he was pushed it’s borderline, and not exactly clear and obvious.

2733125A-F5A2-4F29-84DA-95491FD16C3E.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, Reckoner said:

This is only a still so limited in what it shows.

I suppose it could be argued getting pushed doesn’t mean you kick your leg. But as he was pushed it’s borderline, and not exactly clear and obvious.

2733125A-F5A2-4F29-84DA-95491FD16C3E.png

The angle was in front of the Wolves guy, and I suppose once a pelanty wasn't given it was likely to get chalked off. Luckily didn't matter in the end.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The angle was in front of the Wolves guy, and I suppose once a pelanty wasn't given it was likely to get chalked off. Luckily didn't matter in the end.

It’s insane actually. The defender shoved him but maybe just about not enough for it to be a penalty. So clever defending. But that shove causes the Jota ‘foul’. There’s no logic to the decision.

In conclusion Paul Tierney is a fucking cunt.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Essentially with the Fabinho yellow, to avoid getting booked, he had to leave his fert grounded and hope he doesn't get his ankle snapped in two. 

Very similar to the Big Greek getting red for stepping on that Belgian mop-haired cunt who had lunged in on him. 

• Upvote 1

On 02/03/2023 at 19:36, aws said:

He was pushed over and ended up kicking the defender. A foul is supposed to be intentional. 

A foul is not supposed to be intentional. Sure who intentionally means to give away a penalty?

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Every player wears pads.

Over the knee soccer.

Pads? They aren't worth the cereal boxes they are made from and are now no bigger than coasters used to protect your tea or coffee cup from staining your ma's kitchen table. Another load of nonsense from the organisations which are supposed to protect players.