You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

4 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Thiago if fit will start at Chelsea and I’m starting to get an Arthur style deadline day signing for the DM 

Thiago isn't match fit at all.

Imagine if one of Jones, Macalister or Dom S gets injured before Chelsea! What would the midfield be. 

I'm sure Klopp is made up we're going to save a couple of million by haggling with Southampton. 

35 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Season starts in just over a week and we don't have a number 6. Are we really going to play Jones there at Stamford Bridge? He's never played that position at this level. 

We're absolutely playing Jones there. Despite the fact over the last few days klopp has mentioned there's no point playing him and Trent as both of their strengths is looking after the ball and the defensive work isn't really Jones thing. We can only hope Chelsea will be more of a shit show than us. Currently that's our best chance. 

Even if we bring someone in over the next week, they won't be playing any minutes this side of the international break unless we get trounced in our first 2 games.  

Still, 5th should get CL this year, so fsg will be happy. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Thiago isn't match fit at all.

Imagine if one of Jones, Macalister or Dom S gets injured before Chelsea! What would the midfield be. 

I'm sure Klopp is made up we're going to save a couple of million by haggling with Southampton. 

It's a couple of million now but it's about 15 million on from where we began our bidding. Our policy of walking away from sales and purchases has been a successful strategy in general. You end up like Man Utd or Chelsea paying way over the odds if you're seen as weak.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t lie, I was duped (as were likely the club) over Bellingham last summer. We clearly wanted Tchouameni and there was no Plan B. Lijnders even said it’s Plan A or nothing. Like everybody else, I’ve no idea what input FSG had into that decision. 

In terms of wait and see now, Klopp has fundamentally said we are looking to improve, which is a 180d turnaround from last summer. 

We’ve obviously bid for Lavia, I’m as frustrated as the next supporter it isn’t done yet. All the LFC journalists state we’re working on a defender and potentially another midfielder. 

I do appreciate it’s all frustrating, we’re all impatient and we all want it done yesterday, unfortunately despite everyones best endeavours, it doesn’t always work that way. 

Last summer Klopp was like “We don’t need another midfielder”. Then Thiago got injured and we did. Given Klopp’s recent comments, I just can’t see us not doing something in the market. 

There is a month to go. Later than we’d all like, we’re not the only club who hasn’t finished their business yet. All signs point to that we will do business - Klopp isn’t saying “no more incomings yet”, he’s said the complete opposite.

Although slower than we’d all like, I fundamentally don’t see why supporters don’t take Klopp’s words at face value.

You could save yourself the effort.. 

Cunts

Who the actual fuck is running the club and making the big/key decisions because they simply aren't doing their job.  We are a week away from the start of a new season and the two glaring issues of the previous season have still yet to be addressed. Without the addition of a top quality midfielder and centre back we will be writing off another season and scrapping for top 4 if we are lucky.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Season starts in just over a week and we don't have a number 6. Are we really going to play Jones there at Stamford Bridge? He's never played that position at this level. 

I’m sure I saw that the full backs will double up as midfielders with 3 centre backs. Could be wrong, not for the first time.

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I get that. IMO, we’re good enough to take 10/12 points before the international break.

We took 8 last season when we were garbage! 

But, to my knowledge the plan was to really go for it as we know the cheats can shit themselves if it's not going their way and it failed spectacularly. 

Hendo and Fab may have been a shock but in business you have to have contingency plans.

We seem to be operating like a Saturday morning shopping list. We all know that transfer business is all offhand and under the table. For me if you want something pay the price as when you finally decide to buy, it's gone. 

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

But, to my knowledge the plan was to really go for it as we know the cheats can shit themselves if it's not going their way and it failed spectacularly. 

Hendo and Fab may have been a shock but in business you have to have contingency plans.

We seem to be operating like a Saturday morning shopping list. We all know that transfer business is all offhand and under the table. For me if you want something pay the price as when you finally decide to buy, it's gone. 

We’re the fuckers who want to buy the expensive steaks in M&S. but wait until the place is closing, because we think it will be marked down, only to find its all been sold and we’ve-got fuck all so we buy a couple of pies from Greggs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ha!

And you are a grade A know-it-all who knows FUCK ALL.

You are just happy to go the match and spend your days patrolling these boards like some shitty little terrier.

They were shit before Klopp and now they've reverted to type under him, and after next season your tune will be well and truly changed.

C3A76D87-D7B0-4686-9003-39B75407EB0F.gif

As I said multiple times yesterday, the workings out are vastly different, I think we all agree on the bottom lines. 

19 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

10/12 points would be a great return before the window shuts, we only play 4 games! 

We all agree whatever is / isn’t happening at the moment is frustrating, I also wish we’d get a move on.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bossy said:

You know what. Rhetorical question. We aren’t shit. We need more of course but we aren’t shit. 

I completely agree.

People acting like yesterday we got hammered by some Singapore XI set of bums, not beaten by a last minute worldy once we’d heavily changed our line up, against club who’s won 10/10 titles and continually reach the latter stages of the CL. 

We all see where the improvements are needed. It’s frustrating how long it’s taking to get there, doesn’t mean we won’t  

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I completely agree.

People acting like yesterday we got hammered by some Singapore XI set of bums, not beaten by a last minute worldy once we’d heavily changed our line up, against club who’s won 10/10 titles and continually reach the latter stages of the CL. 

We all see where the improvements are needed. It’s frustrating how long it’s taking to get there, doesn’t mean we won’t  

Pre season is always the same for most, including me. Win and we're the dogs, lose and ah, its only pre season.

Just hope we address the problems of getting beaten by shit teams.