You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas presents

Tony Moanero

Best was probably a 4 foot snooker table, the balls looked like marbles but it was hours of joy.

I don't remember getting bad presents. Probably one of those tiny bottles of wine that barely fill a wine glass.

I don't give bad presents, I'd rather give nothing than something crap.

• Upvote 2

Best - Game Boy in 93. 

Worst - My auntie bought me an Adidas r*ngers football because they'd ran out of Celtic ones. She was from me mums side of the family so didn't quite get why I swore in-front of my grandad for the first time in my life. 

Worst I've ever given - I broke up with an ex on Boxing Day in about 2008 because I'd fallen for another girl, that was pretty shitty. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Best - Game Boy in 93. 

Worst - My auntie bought me an Adidas r*ngers football because they'd ran out of Celtic ones. She was from me mums side of the family so didn't quite get why I swore in-front of my grandad for the first time in my life. 

Worst I've ever given - I broke up with an ex on Boxing Day in about 2008 because I'd fallen for another girl, that was pretty shitty. 

Top 5 Game Boy games?

• Upvote 1

1. Best present you’ve ever received.

Andy Ruffell BMX 

2. Worst present you’ve ever received. 

A 2nd hand AT-AT from a scabby uncle. 

3. Shittiest present you’ve given to someone. 

A bottle of whisky to a mate who was trying to stay off the drink as he drank too much. It was what I usually got him so just went for the same. I just didn't think sensibly about that one. 

img_0035_blowup.jpg

• Upvote 3

1. An Action Man with swivelling eyes. 

2. A pair of pyjamas from Primark. Not that bad in isolation, other than they were the exact same pair the wife had bought me the previous year, and hadn’t noticed the one hundred or so times I’d worn them in her presence.

3. Bought the wife a gym membership after she’d not long since given birth to our first child. 

• Upvote 2

1. An Atari 800XL with a ton of copied games when I was 16. I absolutely played the fuck out of that.

2. A digital watch when I was 11 or so. I really wanted the one I'd seen in the catalogue with a stopwatch down to 1/100th of a second and a steel strap. I ended up with some crappy one from Woolies which only went to tenths and had this horrible chunky rubber strap.

3. I gave my missus clothes shop vouchers one Christmas. In my defence, we'd just spent the best part of a fortnight in the SCBU with our youngest and I literally had an hour in town to get something.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Kung Fu Master

Link The Legend of Zelda

Tetris ( @Paulie Dangerously could have bought that for his missus and saved us all the hassle/laughs)

Super Mario World

Desert Strike 

Them Japanese know their stuff. 

Tetris 

Super Mario Land (accckkkktually)

Terminator 2 

Battle Toads 

Pokemon Red/Blue 

• Upvote 1

Probably the year I got the big three mata force toys, even if I didn't ha e a clue what they where. Or my megadrive

Don't remember any bad presents really. So probably sone random stocking filler

Don't think I've ever really given bad presents. Even the cheaper ones when I was young sone element of thought went in. But then I only give presents to my mum and grandad these days. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never understood why people complain about receiving socks. Pulling on a pair of brand new ones is one of life’s small pleasures.

I wrote in the signs you are getting older thread that you are genuinely grateful to receive socks as a present. 

Love it now, thought it was stocking filler shite when I was younger 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never understood why people complain about receiving socks. Pulling on a pair of brand new ones is one of life’s small pleasures.

I buy new socks every 6 months at the latest. Good to throw out old ones and replace with new ones.