You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fifa uncovered

niallers

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Money driven. Fuck humanity. Just another political party. 

They are a monopoly corporation, desperate to cling onto that position.

The only saving-grace of the super league was the nails it would have put in FIFA’s coffin. Though ultimately replacing one greed-driven organisation with another. 

Giving it to Qatar was their downfall.

As soon as they gave it to Qatar over the US, everybody knew some serious underhand stuff hand gone on and they weren’t even trying to hide it anymore. 

The rumblings on Werner and Blazer had been going for a while, the US losing out to Qatar gave them all the incentive to the FBI to nail them all. 

It’ll be interesting to see where FIFA goes from here for 2030. Infantino had been left with a raw deal, he’s likely forced to act friendly with Putin and the Qatari’s now they’ve been given the tournaments. However, a winter tournament and the issues around Russia and Qatar (especially Qatar) can’t happen again. 

• Upvote 1

On 14/11/2022 at 08:47, Scott_M said:

Giving it to Qatar was their downfall.

As soon as they gave it to Qatar over the US, everybody knew some serious underhand stuff hand gone on and they weren’t even trying to hide it anymore. 

The rumblings on Werner and Blazer had been going for a while, the US losing out to Qatar gave them all the incentive to the FBI to nail them all. 

It’ll be interesting to see where FIFA goes from here for 2030. Infantino had been left with a raw deal, he’s likely forced to act friendly with Putin and the Qatari’s now they’ve been given the tournaments. However, a winter tournament and the issues around Russia and Qatar (especially Qatar) can’t happen again. 

Raw deal? Are you fucking joking? 

Infantino is in on it all and will have benefited with millions of dollars. They elected him instantly and then he got elected again with no other candidate. 

What the fuck does that tell you. 

• Upvote 1

Thought there was a strong implication of Infantino also seeming to be cut from the same cloth in the documentary, and a quick Google search showed he's been under criminal investigation also.

Not sure what the solution is, whole thing seems rotten to the core and not sure how you'd change it

I'm sure the-then FIFA president Stanley Roux had a lot of his thinking grounded in imperialism like much of the British leadership back then, but with those policies limiting the scope for growth in places like Africa, they sowed the seeds of resentment that led to them all flocking to Joao Havelange in 1974. He'd promised them a seat at the table, but also created the system and culture of gaining and maintaining power by any means necessary. Everything FIFA have done since then has been for the incumbent president to gain/maintain votes, and this is the same with the confederations.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Raw deal? Are you fucking joking? 

Infantino is in on it all and will have benefited with millions of dollars. They elected him instantly and then he got elected again with no other candidate. 

What the fuck does that tell you. 

Are you making facts with no subsequent evidence again or deliberately misrepresenting what I said?

I’ve made no comment on ethics & bungs, which I’m aware he’s been questioned on and mis-claimed on his expenses.

There has been 1 World Cup host decided in his presidency so far (2026), and it went to the bidder who presented the best technical bid for 2022. Who knows if there were back handers at play, there might well have been, that’s for another day…

… The raw deal comment is that he’s certainly in a sticky, no win political situation with Putin & the Qataris. He wasn’t President when those countries were awarded the tournaments, I’ve no idea how he voted (didn’t Platini control the UEFA votes?) or what his thoughts on it were. However, he’s got to be seen to be playing nice - the same way politicians need to be playing nice in public with other countries. 

However, I’m sure you knew you were focusing 2 words out of 3 paragraphs and taking it out of context. As usual.

Kindly fuck off back under your bridge, you completely witless dotard. 

Watching this Italia’90 documentary.

The political climate, changes for good, joy of football and the joyness of the tournament is absolutely the opposite of now.

Fall of the Berlin Wall, end of Thatcherism, emergence of Cameroon / Africa, Yugoslavia trying to keep their country together…

…Now, we have the shit show of Brexit and Tory government, war in Ukraine / Russia, Trump and a bought World Cup which the majority can’t be arsed with.

Italy was a symbol of people coming together, Qatar much well be a symbol of people falling apart.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Are you making facts with no subsequent evidence again or deliberately misrepresenting what I said?

I’ve made no comment on ethics & bungs, which I’m aware he’s been questioned on and mis-claimed on his expenses.

There has been 1 World Cup host decided in his presidency so far (2026), and it went to the bidder who presented the best technical bid for 2022. Who knows if there were back handers at play, there might well have been, that’s for another day…

… The raw deal comment is that he’s certainly in a sticky, no win political situation with Putin & the Qataris. He wasn’t President when those countries were awarded the tournaments, I’ve no idea how he voted (didn’t Platini control the UEFA votes?) or what his thoughts on it were. However, he’s got to be seen to be playing nice - the same way politicians need to be playing nice in public with other countries. 

However, I’m sure you knew you were focusing 2 words out of 3 paragraphs and taking it out of context. As usual.

Kindly fuck off back under your bridge, you completely witless dotard. 

It went to the USA to stop the FBI ripping them to shreds you twat 

15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It went to the USA to stop the FBI ripping them to shreds you twat 

There were 24 members of the FIFA Exec Committee in 2015.

The FBI arrested least 16 of them. 

But as per, your opinion is more accurate than fact. 

Champagne Football is a good book to read. It's about John Delaney and how he ran the FAI as is own personal play thing. Straight out of Sepp Blatters playbook he looked after the tiny ballygobackwards FC in the back arse of Ireland, these clubs with 1 under 8 team have the same voting rights as the biggest clubs in the country. A bag of balls and some bibs banks you votes to retain your position and no fucks are given about the overall state of the game.