You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

20 minutes ago, Freddo said:

So the medics tell klopp that keita and oxlade wouldn’t be ready for group stages, yet they are. There is some real tensions here with klopp and the medics. I think it’s really starting to grate on him now. 

Sounds that way doesn't it? Will try and watch the press conference because the comments on the Echo website are a bit confusing.

When he is asked if someone will be fit and he says he hopes so but who knows. Comments about players being not available but being there on Saturday. 

I wonder if the issues include his relationship with Schlumberger. 

It all sounds like it's about to go Nuclear and from the outside looking in you can understand Jürgen's frustration.

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

I thought Schlumberger was one his greatest allies. 

Yes, he raved about him when he came in but isn't he responsible for the time it takes to get players back on the pitch and designing the programmes to sort them out. If he is annoyed with the timescales etc then would imagine Schlumberger is one of those he is annoyed with. 

So....

Konate is available

"Yes, I would say the Ajax game, we didn't have more subs so we could take him with us, but he was not really ready for this game. In a very serious situation in the last five minutes maybe, but he's available now."

Arthur Melo injury update

Jurgen Klopp is unsure when Arthur Melo will be fit, but suggests Liverpool won't be cutting short his loan spell from Juventus.

"A serious injury," says Klopp.

"He's here. It's a long-term injury and when he's back, we'll think about it again. But at the moment, it's too far away. No [we won't cut the loan in January]."

Injury update

Thiago is back ahead of tomorrow's match while Jordan Henderson is expected to be fine after suffering a whack on the knee.

Too soon for Naby Keita and Joel Matip is still out.

"I expect Jordan Henderson to be okay. Thiago will return too. It's still soon for Naby Keita and Matip is still out. You don't have to ask about Diogo or Luis for a while."

Keeping Arthur.....fucking hell....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

So....

Konate is available

"Yes, I would say the Ajax game, we didn't have more subs so we could take him with us, but he was not really ready for this game. In a very serious situation in the last five minutes maybe, but he's available now."

Arthur Melo injury update

Jurgen Klopp is unsure when Arthur Melo will be fit, but suggests Liverpool won't be cutting short his loan spell from Juventus.

"A serious injury," says Klopp.

"He's here. It's a long-term injury and when he's back, we'll think about it again. But at the moment, it's too far away. No [we won't cut the loan in January]."

Injury update

Thiago is back ahead of tomorrow's match while Jordan Henderson is expected to be fine after suffering a whack on the knee.

Too soon for Naby Keita and Joel Matip is still out.

"I expect Jordan Henderson to be okay. Thiago will return too. It's still soon for Naby Keita and Matip is still out. You don't have to ask about Diogo or Luis for a while."

Keeping Arthur.....fucking hell....

Arthur must just be because there's no financial benefit in sending him back, so might as well keep him if all he does is make up the numbers in training sessions once he's fit again.

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Arthur must just be because there's no financial benefit in sending him back, so might as well keep him if all he does is make up the numbers in training sessions once he's fit again.

That is the hope....the fear is we intend to keep him because we aren't going to buy in Jan.

Latest:

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson will be available for this weekend's Premier League clash with Tottenham Hotspur.

Henderson missed the 2-0 midweek win over Napoli in Champions League action but is available for selection once again after making a swift recovery.

James Milner, however, will miss Sunday's visit to the capital after being placed in a concussion protocol having departed the game on Tuesday following the half-time interval.

"So, Hendo, yes, he's available," Klopp told his pre-match press conference.

"He trained yesterday completely normal so should be fine. He had a little thing but serious enough to not be involved in the last game."

On Milner, the boss said: "When you go through a concussion protocol you are not available for the next game because you have to go through different stages.

"So, he is fine but still that's how it is [and] rightly so. We have to go to different stages and that means he is available for non-contact training on Monday and full contact training on Tuesday if everything goes well.

"Until then that's what we expect because he was yesterday already good."

LFC injury update: Diaz, Keita, Matip and Milner

NEWSLFC injury update: Diaz, Keita, Matip and Milner

PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO
By Chris Shaw

Pepijn Lijnders has provided a squad injury update ahead of Liverpool's matches this week.

The Reds host Derby County in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night and then face Southampton at Anfield in the Premier League on Saturday – their last games before the break for the World Cup.

James Milner will come back into contention for the second of those fixtures following a concussion, while Naby Keita’s availability for the weekend will be assessed.

Joel Matip is unlikely to return in time to face Saints, though Lijnders was able to report a positive upcoming step in Luis Diaz’s recovery from the knee issue he sustained last month.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com, the assistant manager said: “Naby will be difficult, he’s still training individually. Let’s see for Southampton.

“Millie will definitely be ready for Southampton but this game [against Derby] comes too early for tomorrow.

“Then we have of course Joel, who is getting closer to team training but will not make Southampton probably.

“The longer injuries, Luis Diaz is running for the first time on Thursday. That’s good news because we all know how important he was last year and in the second half of the season.

“And Jota will take longer.”

16 hours ago, an tha said:
LFC injury update: Diaz, Keita, Matip and Milner

NEWSLFC injury update: Diaz, Keita, Matip and Milner

PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO
By Chris Shaw

Pepijn Lijnders has provided a squad injury update ahead of Liverpool's matches this week.

The Reds host Derby County in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night and then face Southampton at Anfield in the Premier League on Saturday – their last games before the break for the World Cup.

James Milner will come back into contention for the second of those fixtures following a concussion, while Naby Keita’s availability for the weekend will be assessed.

Joel Matip is unlikely to return in time to face Saints, though Lijnders was able to report a positive upcoming step in Luis Diaz’s recovery from the knee issue he sustained last month.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com, the assistant manager said: “Naby will be difficult, he’s still training individually. Let’s see for Southampton.

“Millie will definitely be ready for Southampton but this game [against Derby] comes too early for tomorrow.

“Then we have of course Joel, who is getting closer to team training but will not make Southampton probably.

“The longer injuries, Luis Diaz is running for the first time on Thursday. That’s good news because we all know how important he was last year and in the second half of the season.

“And Jota will take longer.”

this line is a bit weird isn't it? 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

this line is a bit weird isn't it? 

Matip is the one that bothers me....i am sure klopp said a couple of weeks when he did it, here we are a month later and still out and looks like won't play before world cup.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Matip is the one that bothers me....i am sure klopp said a couple of weeks when he did it, here we are a month later and still out and looks like won't play before world cup.

If he's not 100% then it would be stupid to rush him back now with a long break coming up. Hopefully were just trying to get him sorted out so that he's fully fit from boxing day onwards.

Latest....it is just mildly funny with Keita now - just feels like week after week Klopp is just kicking can down the road about him - hopefully he is a goner on Jan 1st.

Anyway here is latest:

Joel Matip and James Milner have returned to training ahead of Liverpool's Premier League clash with Southampton.

The former is nearing a comeback for the first time in a month having completed a near-full workout with the Reds, while the latter is set to be involved again following a concussion.

Naby Keita and Luis Diaz, meanwhile, are continuing to step up their recoveries from injuries with running sessions.

Asked for a squad fitness update, Jürgen Klopp told a press conference on Friday:

“So, nobody is out from the players we had available for midweek or for the last game, I would say.

“Millie is back in training today, Naby is out and running, Lucho is back on the pitch and running.

“Joel trained, he trained with us, he was in three-fourths, pretty much the whole session but the last bit he didn’t do. But he is now obviously available as well – would be available but has only trained once with the team.”

Diaz makes it back from injury quicker than Naby. You can't make this shit up. At least it will be somebody else's problem from next season. 

Eventually, however long it takes, we'll hear the true story of this season and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if there's much more to the Keita story than has been said publicly. 

16 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Diaz makes it back from injury quicker than Naby. You can't make this shit up. At least it will be somebody else's problem from next season. 

Eventually, however long it takes, we'll hear the true story of this season and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if there's much more to the Keita story than has been said publicly. 

For me there is no way Keita should be or really is in need of as long as he has been and continues to be 'preparing' to return

The injury when it was first announced was really quite a strange story and everything that has followed with it since has just not added up IMO.

I am hoping it is all agreed he is off on Jan 1st.