You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

r*ngers (A) Champions League 12/10/2022

Bjornebye

Just now, Harry Squatter said:

Rangers fans the self proclaimed best fans in the world fucking off at 3-1 and getting outsung in their own ground. 

Like they pretended to do last week at Anfield. 

I expected a much bigger atmosphere from the off and I've been there with Celtic and it's been truly unreal loud but tonight didn't seem anywhere near what they wank over. (I only watched on the telly tonight) 

Just now, Leyton388 said:

Knew you would have enjoyed that a little bit more than usual. 

It doesn't get much better to be honest mate. One vile club that. Put in their box and the biggest win at their ground ever. 

God Save The Bobby 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I expected a much bigger atmosphere from the off and I've been there with Celtic and it's been truly unreal loud but tonight didn't seem anywhere near what they wank over. (I only watched on the telly tonight) 

They've gone on about last week slagging Anfield off saying how great they were and how they outsung the home support.

I liked Van Dijks little dig at them saying he never played there (as they were in the Scottish 2nd division at the time he was there)

1 minute ago, Harry Squatter said:

They've gone on about last week slagging Anfield off saying how great they were and how they outsung the home support.

I liked Van Dijks little dig at them saying he never played there (as they were in the Scottish 2nd division at the time he was there)

Anfield seemed far louder. I think BT were trying to overstate it. 

When it wants to be, Ibrox can be as loud as many but that seemed a bit shit. I'm not being biased either I was surprised. 

Brilliant result that.

Konate was terrific. He is a brilliant centre half for his age. Virgil still far from himself. Joe was mixed but great attitude. Love seeing him back playing. If this season is ths one that Joe comes back into the fold that's a huge result for future seasons. I always like Tsimikas, but delighted Robbo got on.

Though Elliott was very good and I like Carvalho too. Yes Man City is a season or two too early for them to start, but they will both be very good players for us. Not all young lads are Phil Foden.

Loved Nunez getting his goal. He has a serious attitude and I like the lad. Macca called it like most on here - he's very raw but he has big talent.

Bobby was like old Bobby and has been all year. One of the very few positives this season.

Delighted for Mo. He's been poor all year but that was an amazing cameo and you could see him enjoying himself. If we get Mo back to his old self, we will piss top 4.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic result, albeit against third division level opponents.  I thought three of our forwards did really well, Jota when he came on made a massive difference with his snarkiness and three assists, Firmino played well and took his goals well, and most importantly Salah looks absolutely deadly again.  Fabinho and Henderson both really poor against very average opponents - they should both be dropped for the City game, because they offer less than nothing.  Thiago showed how it should be done.  Gomez did well at right back, with a great assist for Firmino's second, and Konate getting another game under his belt was encouraging.  

4 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Yep, Gomez has given solid defensive performances at right back. Last season, there was even evidence he was adding some attacking attributes to his game from that position.

He didn't look stocky to me. Pace wise, he couldn't have been match sharp at the Emirates. He hasn't had any starts since the Napoli game, iirc. Only got a few minutes here and there. Then he gets thrown into the Arsenal game with a red hot Martinelli as his direct opponent. No surprise that he looked a bit sluggish. He'll be fine as soon as he gets a couple of starts.

Nice assist to show that he's been adding that attacking intent as I pointed out earlier.

Also no signs of being a fat arse. Full of energy and pace. And wound Morelos up as a bonus.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A midfield of Thiago and Milner, then?

Thiago with Henderson means Thiago doing everything anyway.  Thiago with Fabinho is slightly better, but really, all City need to do is keep the ball away from Thiago.  

And I can't believe that Henderson offers more than Milner.

After so many poor performances and results lately it is nice to see a win and a big win at that.

Especially against those fucking rats.

We can't read too much into it as they are so poor - they'd struggle to finish top half in the championship IMO....but 7 goals and importantly goals for players who needed goals amongst the 7 is something to take forward and hopefully will give some confidence and will help quieten some of the noise.

There were still problems on show especially in midfield in first 20 mins or so, but they were to be expected really given the changes yet again in there and the challenges we have with making changes in there.

I thought Gomez and Konate where real bright spots - there was one attack where they were getting a man over (something teams are doing far too often against us now) and Konate looked for a moment like he might be off attracted to the ball, but he checked himself beautifully and went with the man who would have been in acres of space and although the ball in was poor in the end his presence of mind and presence near the man was good defending and the right call.....good to see.

Gomez was athletic and used his pace well - sterner tests await of course, but in this season of few bright spots those two were good to see.

Salah is often a real streak player - so let's hope he goes on one now starting Sunday.....he likes a goal v the cheats!

Firmino has really stepped up at a time when we need him - fair do's to him - he seems to have reinvented himself this season and it suits him..

We'll get a much clearer view of where we are in the coming weeks - but this was needed and puts us in a strong position to qualify for the knockout stages.

If we can just manage to stay in touch with top 4 until the break and then get near to a fully fit squad and add in Jan to the midfield, things might just turn for us.

Tonight was step in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mook said:

Amongst all the euphoria, what the fuck was that first 18 minutes about? We looked like we had turned up for a friendly vs the local blind school.

Can't be doing that on Sunday.

For sure, we can't skirt around that first half in general, it was unnecessarily shite and City will be 3 up if we ease ourselves into that game.