You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

You might be right, I was pretty sure I saw something saying he hadn’t as he wanted 500k a week and Juve weren’t offering it.

Haha, can you imagine someone paying 500k for that. 

55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's alright Erikson but not the calibre they should be going for. I'm feeling optimistic about their continued demise so far. 

I can't help but think people took it a bit easy on him last year too. Can't see that happening if he's playing for them. 

The two transfers they have made so far seem like a sensible change in strategy.

Eriksen on a free is very low risk, and he will offer more than the likes of Mata.

I'd never heard of the left back, but he looks pacey, strong and aggressive. Doesn't look to have much in terms of forward play though. They were sensible to wait until Lyon had made an offer though and then offer slightly more than them. He can't be any worse than Telles was for them last year.

They still look miles off being a top four team though. They should concentrate on winning the Europa league. That is the easiest way back in to champions league football for them.

I'm still annoyed that West Ham shit the bed at the end of the season and didn't relegate them in to the Conference league. 

I think that would have been more humiliating than missing out altogether.

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The two transfers they have made so far seem like a sensible change in strategy.

Eriksen on a free is very low risk, and he will offer more than the likes of Mata.

I'd never heard of the left back, but he looks pacey, strong and aggressive. Doesn't look to have much in terms of forward play though. They were sensible to wait until Lyon had made an offer though and then offer slightly more than them. He can't be any worse than Telles was for them last year.

They’ve prioritised a left-back they don’t particularly need, and a playmaker who will be understudy to Fernandes (maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see the two both being in the same starting XI). Nothing wrong with having strength in depth, but twat though he is it’s easy to understand why Ronaldo might be looking at the transfer activity so far and asking “Is that going to be it?”

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

They still look miles off being a top four team though. They should concentrate on winning the Europa league. That is the easiest way back in to champions league football for them.

I'm still annoyed that West Ham shit the bed at the end of the season and didn't relegate them in to the Conference league. 

I think that would have been more humiliating than missing out altogether.

To be honest, it just looks like they're signing players with an Eredivisie connection because no one else wants to join. It might turn out to be a fine strategy, but there's not much originality there.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Every school has a Ronaldo, some cunt who used to be on Tranmere's books and who is - to be fair - head and shoulders above everyone else in PE. Hands on the hips 'I can't play with amateurs' type cunts. I used to thoroughly enjoy booting the ball at their head. 

Ha! There was one in our newspaper boys team league. On Tranmere’s books and an absolute twat. He was great but insufferable with it and his dad would often have to be restrained from running on the pitch when someone ‘mistimed’ a tackle. 

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Every school has a Ronaldo, some cunt who used to be on Tranmere's books and who is - to be fair - head and shoulders above everyone else in PE. Hands on the hips 'I can't play with amateurs' type cunts. I used to thoroughly enjoy booting the ball at their head. 

Saturday and Sunday league teams are full of cunts like this also. Played with one knobhead who scored 3 all season who would also take the pens. 

Thought he was great because he played 2 games for Marine when he was about 18. Used to turn up 5 minutes before kick off without replying to the managers text telling him he was playing and walk in arrogantly to get his no9 shirt. Threw a strop once when he was dropped as he never turned up the week before. We got twatted 9-1 as we had to play the whole game with just 10 men because he couldn't be arsed turning up.

I missed a game where he decided to wind up a big grock centre back with snidey challenges and the grock turned round and broke his jaw. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Haha, can you imagine someone paying 500k for that. 

I can't help but think people took it a bit easy on him last year too. Can't see that happening if he's playing for them. 

Especially not at Anfield.

15 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Made me laugh, from the guardian

“Bringing in a load of blokes your manager knows smacks of David Moyes at Sunderland, not a state-of-the-art scouting network”

"Erik, we are having some real difficulty in attracting new players. Playing for the greatest team since the invention of football can be intimating. Got any mates that can play left-back?"

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Made me laugh, from the guardian

“Bringing in a load of blokes your manager knows smacks of David Moyes at Sunderland, not a state-of-the-art scouting network”

Their scouting network claimed to have tracked 804 right backs before deciding that spending £50 million on Wan Bissaka was the correct option!