You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sat 30th Apr 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

6 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

This will be a toughie. The game in 2019 there was one of the most exhilarating I've ever watched. On the back of the Barca 3-0 defeat and pegged back twice Divock to the rescue again. Fuck me one of the proudest moment watching the reds, watched in a Boozer in LES in Manhattan with sun beating down. What a wonderful time.

Don't see us conceding more than 1 here but will have to work for our goals. 2-1 to us, Virgil and Jota to bag.

Was staying with relatives in Blackpool at the time and established a local boozer for these games. Mainly Man Utd fans but pretty decent company to be fair. Took loads of stick over the first leg of the Barca game and most of the Newcastle game but performed a perfect knee slide towards them when Divock notched. Was politely warned by the bar staff about my future behaviour.

• Upvote 2

Been unusually confident in our chances of late in all the big and tough games we have had - but for some reason i am bricking it about today...

The early kick off after and ahead of Europe - the narrative around 'how well' these are doing (amazing how spending 100m in Jan can pull you clear of the shite at the bottom isn't it) and a fear that tiredness/sheer number of games coming so thick and fast is going to catch up with us at some point.

All that said though they should come at us today - they are safe now, full of confidence, will be roared on by an expectant support and if they do try and go toe to toe with us it may just be what we need - our extra quality can tell.

Yet another massive game - what a season it has been and what a final month this could be.

This team deserves to win more than it has (we all know why it hasn't won more and that why really fucking rankles) 

I want this league title more than anything else - these players, this magnificent manager and his staff deserve to celebrate and lift a league title with and in front of the fans - something they couldn't do in 2020....they deserve the adulation, the outpouring of emotion - they deserve to parade it around the city to a million people.

We probably need to win every game from now to end of season and that may still not be enough - a ridiculous ask especially on top of how long we are already unbeaten and when games are coming so thick and fast given our unprecedented chase to attempt to win all 4 trophies.

It is stomach churning, the stress is off the fucking page and it is relentless - but fuck me it is boss.

Come on, boys - into these!

• Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is stomach churning, the stress is off the fucking page and it is relentless - but fuck me it is boss.

Come on, boys - into these!

This is exactly it. I'm going to enjoy our games and celebrate our victories in isolation and not give a fuck about City. If it's enough, then sound, if not we've still had a brilliant season.

• Upvote 1

Has the same feeling as when we went to Leicester after becoming world champions.

Everyone expected us to be tired and Leicester to put it up to us (seeing as they were second in the league), but we swatted them aside in our greatest ever away performance.

Same again today please Reds.

6 minutes ago, Lario said:

Has the same feeling as when we went to Leicester after becoming world champions.

Everyone expected us to be tired and Leicester to put it up to us (seeing as they were second in the league), but we swatted them aside in our greatest ever away performance.

Same again today please Reds.

Hmm , allianz arena march 2019 says hello. 

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Was staying with relatives in Blackpool at the time and established a local boozer for these games. Mainly Man Utd fans but pretty decent company to be fair. Took loads of stick over the first leg of the Barca game and most of the Newcastle game but performed a perfect knee slide towards them when Divock notched. Was politely warned by the bar staff about my future behaviour.

Ha ha, at your age? Could have ended nasty.