You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (H) - Sat 19th Feb 2022 (3:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Ox is shit 

He had such a dejected look sitting on the bench after the final whistle. Others were starting to get up and he just sat there staring into space. Hopefully he knows it's his problem rather than Klopp's, but he really needs to sort himself out.

Just a thought on this idea of Hendo being terrible people are saying. You've got to remember he's playing the 6. He's supposed to take fewer chances and keep the ball because its his role. That's why he plays sideways so much. A lot of 6's do. 

When the plays in the other position he plays less conservatively.

I thought he was good today, let alone terrible. 

Ox was pretty bad I'll give you that.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Apart from Matip's toe, I dont think we did much wrong in that game and first half except be more accurate with our finishing.

We made plenty of openings to be 3 or 4 up before the oggie. There were a couple of moments at the back but as poor a side as Norwich are, they're going to create some chances.

It seemed for a while that Norwich could snatch a famous victory but it would have been a real smash and grab if they had. I think the stats showed we had 75% possession and 25 shots up to Sadio scoring. Mo turned the scoreline on its head despite not having the best finishing all game.

Luis Diaz opened his account with a goal that had been coming since the first minute of his debut.

Thought Hendo had a stormer and once again, I cant understand the constant criticism of him. He drove the team on today and even if he gets the ball when facing his own goal, obeys the first rule of football of playing it the way you're facing, he gets slagged off for 'passing backwards.' Ive said before, everyone in a red shirt can pass it backwards and nothingis said, as soon as Hendo does, loads are on his case. Bizarre.

Ox didnt have a good game and Matip had a couple of dodgey moments, one requiring Gomez to cover his arse after Matip underhit a backpass from just inside our half.

Tsimikas worked his socks off all game down the left and shows he's a great deupty to Robbo and in truth, not that far off staking a first team claim. Really should have scored in the first half though which, would have put a different complexion on how people see things.

Think Alli got away with one when he slide out of the box with the ball. it looks like he threw the ball out for a throw outside the box but VAR said no and it would have been a harsh red card in any event.

I had us down for 4-0 and I guess with Matip scoring for them, we did score 4?! Think Jurgen has done well using the squad today and even Div got a run out.

• Upvote 8

Just now, gkmacca said:

He had such a dejected look sitting on the bench after the final whistle. Others were starting to get up and he just sat there staring into space. Hopefully he knows it's his problem rather than Klopp's, but he really needs to sort himself out.

I feel sorry for him in a way(don't know why like he's shagging a pop star and he's earning millions a year) but he's a Liverpool fan as a kid dream move for him and until he got that injury vrs City in the CL he looked like he would go on to be a regular in the side since then he's fell down the pecking order and just doesn't seem to be able to get himself out of the rut he's in Klopps given him plenty of chances in different roles but he just can't grab them he knows his time is up this summer.

Nice and comfortable in the end but it certainly was starting to become extremely worrying before our quickfire double. The first half wasn't great but we still created some decent chances and it felt as though sooner or later we'd go and score at least a couple of goals and win the match comfortably. Their goal was certainly rather fortunate but we had started the second half very slowly and sloppily. It seemed to wake our players up, though, and we laid siege to their goal after that. The substitutions certainly helped. Ox and Keita were both really disappointing today. The ref gave Norwich soft freekicks all day but thought an assault on Mane in the penalty box was fair (followed by VAR taking all of 2 seconds to review it). But we got the goals in the end. Nice to see Diaz off the mark. 

Hoping Spurs can at least give it a good go against City, although their recent performances don't fill me with much confidence they will do. 

• Upvote 1

I thought Keita was decent, Ox terrible and Gomez so-so. 

Although Gomez can play RB he’s not the type to go bombing down the line to support the attack and whip crosses in. His crosses are generally floaty towards the far post whereas Trent will whip with pace. 

I think it’s time to move the Ox on. Just not good enough. He has all the attributes but just doesn’t know how to use them…..doesn’t appear to have the footballing brain to match sadly.

4 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Just a thought on this idea of Hendo being terrible people are saying. You've got to remember he's playing the 6. He's supposed to take fewer chances and keep the ball because its his role. That's why he plays sideways so much. A lot of 6's do. 

When the plays in the other position he plays less conservatively.

I thought he was good today, let alone terrible. 

Ox was pretty bad I'll give you that.  

Hendo was very good second half .  Ox was just awful 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Apart from Matip's toe, I dont think we did much wrong in that first half except be more accurate with our finishing.

We made plenty of openings to be 3 or 4 up before the oggie. There were a couple of moments at the back but as poor a side as Norwich are, they're going to create some chances.

It seemed for a while that Norwich could snatch a famous victory but it would have been a real smash and grab if they had. I think the stats showed we had 75% possession and 25 shots up to Sadio scoring. Mo turned the scoreline on its head despite not having the best finishing all game.

Luis Diaz opened his account with a goal that had been coming since the first minute of his debut.

Thought Hendo had a stormer and once again, I cant understand the constant criticism of him. He drove the team on today and even if he gets the ball when facing his own goal, obeys the first rule of football of playing it the way you're facing, he gets slagged off for 'passing backwards.' Ive said before, everyone in a red shirt can pass it backwards and nothingis said, as soon as Hendo does, loads are on his case. Bizarre.

Ox didnt have a good game and Matip had a couple of dodgey moments, one requiring Gomez to cover his arse after Matip underhit a backpass from just inside our half.

Tsimikas worked his socks off all game down the left and shows he's a great deupty to Robbo and in truth, not that far off staking a first team claim. Really should have scored in the first half though which, would have put a different complexion on how people see things.

Think Alli got away with one when he slide out of the box with the ball. it looks like he threw the ball out for a throw outside the box but VAR said no and it would have been a harsh red card in any event.

I had us down for 4-0 and I guess with Matip scoring for them, we did score 4?! Think Jurgen has done well using the squad today and even Div got a run out.

Say it quietly but the thought has also crossed my mind.

• Upvote 1

Tsimikas had a fantastic 90 minutes, showing why he should be first choice - his corners are fantastic, as was his defending, and he will always make the opposing fullback think.  

Thiago changed the game when he came on, moving the ball forward and quickly - always willing to take the ball, even when under pressure.  He's one of the very best players we've had in the last 30 years,  a real pleasure to watch.  

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Eyes down for a Spud bashing and Micah Richards spouting drivel next .

I'm thinking a smash and grab at the emptyad tonight 0-1 spurs Conte will park the bus and ol' big nose will score a pen.Micah Richards will deffo spout some drivel and mention at least once that he played for City and burst on to the scene.