You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There is a clear definition of clear. There are no clear links between Cameron's foreign policy and the Manchester bombing. More to the point, there are no clear links between the Manchester bombings and Turdsy laughing at your support for Cameron's referendum policy, so you're a cunt for pretending there is.

I disagree, I believe Camerons policy on Libya provided the grounds for the Manchester bombers to attack the arena so killing 22 people, so providing a clear link. I believe after all the reports conducted after the  Libyan/Syrian fiasco Cameron and those who voted for him should hang their heads in fucking shame or at the very least show some sort of contrition over the amount of unnecessary injuries and deaths caused by Camerons foreign policy both here and abroad.

I don't disagree with you about me being a cunt though but that's a separate issue 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I disagree, I believe Camerons policy on Libya provided the grounds for the Manchester bombers to attack the arena so killing 22 people, so providing a clear link. I believe after all the reports conducted after the  Libyan/Syrian fiasco Cameron and those who voted for him should hang their heads in fucking shame or at the very least show some sort of contrition over the amount of unnecessary injuries and deaths caused by Camerons foreign policy both here and abroad.

Was Cameron's foreign policy an absolutely disaster? If course.

Separate question - was it connected to the Manchester Arena bombing? Irrespective of what you believe, the facts show that there is no clear link.

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s quite clearly having some sort of breakdown, psychotic or substance related, with the internet only hastening its decent in to shouting at cars whilst it pisses itself on a roundabout outside Merthyr Tydfil Poundland.

I’m  just thankful we got to see a star shine so dim for so long.

Nice little dig at mental health by Spanner there. As for the Merthyr Tydfil quip, Merthyr, whilst being a geographically glorious part of the world is one of the most rundown areas in Western Europe, at the last election the good people who live there gave the Tory a whopping 13% of the vote, needless to say they lost badly. If the rest of the country voted the same way the residents in Merthyr/Rhymney/Aberfan/Rhondda valleys have voted these past hundred or so years Britain wouldn't be in the fucking mess it's in now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Separate question - was it connected to the Manchester Arena bombing? Irrespective of what you believe, the facts show that there is no clear link.

I read a report (I think it's the one you mentioned above) saying it was inconclusive but with the relevant information I find it hard to believe. Im not saying the report was a whitewash but it's very rare to see the thumb put on a Tory prime minister.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think that like most of the UK's foreign policy since it became joined at the hip with the USA's foreign policy has helped fuel radicalism both inside and outside the Middle East. Of course there is no direct link but it's all part of the big picture which has turned concert venues,beaches,railway stations,high streets etc, into battlegrounds in the eyes of extremists.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They're letting residents stay in their houses, but stopping anyone returning. If they're telling them to stay indoors it can't be that serious.

This looks like a quality drinking establishment in which to seek shelter...

0_WhatsApp-Image-2021-11-17-at-20214-PMj

Yeah looks ace from the outside. Sky sports my arse. They'll have the foreign channel for the footy and racing and every-night after 10 they'll throw a bluey on. 

So he was born in Iraq not Jordan it seems. 

The suspect had an application for asylum rejected in 2015 after arriving from the Middle East the previous year, but was still living in the UK.

In an update issued on Wednesday he said: ‘A complex picture is emerging over the purchases of the component parts of the device, we know that Al Swealmeen rented the property from April this year and we believe relevant purchases have been made at least since that time.

‘We have now traced a next of kin for Al Swealmeen who has informed us that he was born in Iraq.’

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So he was born in Iraq not Jordan it seems. 

The suspect had an application for asylum rejected in 2015 after arriving from the Middle East the previous year, but was still living in the UK.

In an update issued on Wednesday he said: ‘A complex picture is emerging over the purchases of the component parts of the device, we know that Al Swealmeen rented the property from April this year and we believe relevant purchases have been made at least since that time.

‘We have now traced a next of kin for Al Swealmeen who has informed us that he was born in Iraq.’

That sums up the difficulties in removing some failed asylum seekers. Where to? 

Was he Syrian, Jordanian or Iraqi? If we can't fully establish his nationality, then that's a relatively big problem. The "why was he still here?" lot don't understand the difficulties in removing some failed asylum seekers. Plus, they overestimate the UK's clout in the whole process. In a lot of cases, you can't just fly somebody out to whatever country we see fit. The country receiving that person often require categorical proof that he's a national of their country. And the returnee is like any legitimate traveller, in that they'll generally need the relevant travel documentation to be granted by their country of origin before they're permitted to enter that country. And, obviously getting that can be a lengthy process with not every country being that keen to speed the process through. 

Priti Patel doesn't flag all this up in her rant today about overhauling the asylum system and yet another irresponsible dig at the legal profession. We can change whatever we want in respect of our own, domestic laws but it likely won't have any effect whatsoever when it comes to the issues mentioned above. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

That sums up the difficulties in removing some failed asylum seekers. Where to? 

Was he Syrian, Jordanian or Iraqi? If we can't fully establish his nationality, then that's a relatively big problem. The "why was he still here?" lot don't understand the difficulties in removing some failed asylum seekers. Plus, they overestimate the UK's clout in the whole process. In a lot of cases, you can't just fly somebody out to whatever country we see fit. The country receiving that person often require categorical proof that he's a national of their country. And the returnee is like any legitimate traveller, in that they'll generally need the relevant travel documentation to be granted by their country of origin before they're permitted to enter that country. And, obviously getting that can be a lengthy process with not every country being that keen to speed the process through. 

Priti Patel doesn't flag all this up in her rant today about overhauling the asylum system and yet another irresponsible dig at the legal profession. We can change whatever we want in respect of our own, domestic laws but it likely won't have any effect whatsoever when it comes to the issues mentioned above. 

There is also the often completely forgotten point that the vast majority of asylum seekers aren't here intending to kill/maim innocent civilians, the majority are genuinely seeking asylum and the opportunity to live a decent life. 

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

They're letting residents stay in their houses, but stopping anyone returning. If they're telling them to stay indoors it can't be that serious.

This looks like a quality drinking establishment in which to seek shelter...

0_WhatsApp-Image-2021-11-17-at-20214-PMj

Bars on the windows, steel roller shutter on the entrance and last years Christmas lights still up outside. Seems a nice place.