You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alec Baldwin - Murderer

JohnnyH

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Seen this on Facebook so could well be bollocks...

FB_IMG_1634905047331.jpg

This is what happened to Brandon Lee. To add to the circumstances, the person responsible for gun safety on that day left early and a junior crew member was placed in charge of firearm safety. 

WITH JUST A FEW DAYS LEFT TO FILM, LEE WAS KILLED IN A TRAGIC ON-SET ACCIDENT.

The cast and crew worked long, grueling hours, in the rain and at night, on the set of The Crow, which was plagued by misfortunes almost from the start. In February 1993, a carpenter was seriously injured on set when the crane he was working in hit live power lines. That night, an equipment truck caught on fire. Later, a sculptor who had worked on the set for just a few days drove through the plaster shop after he was let go. A construction worker accidentally drove a screwdriver through his hand. Then, in March, a storm destroyed some of the sets.

But the worst was yet to come.

On March 31, 1993, the production was filming a flashback sequence that showed how Eric died: As he walked into the apartment he shared with Shelly to find her being raped and beaten by Top Dollar’s henchmen, Funboy would pull out his .44 Magnum and shoot him. According to People,

“The script of The Crow called for a close-up of the loaded weapon. The crew, following standard procedure, used dummy bullets, which are nothing more than bullets without gunpowder. When the close-up was finished, the gun was unloaded, then reloaded with blanks. Blanks sound as loud as real bullets, but when they are fired, only the harmless cardboard wadding with which they are packed is ejected from the gun.

“This time, though, the action was far from benign. Massee pulled the trigger, and Lee slumped to the ground, a hole the size of a quarter in his lower right abdomen.”

The crew didn’t realize that Lee was injured until Proyas called cut and the actor didn’t get up. He was rushed to the hospital, but doctors couldn't save him. Lee died later that afternoon; he was just 28 years old.

It took some time to figure out what had happened, but according to The Telegraph, both the dummy bullets and the blanks used on the production “had hastily been fabricated by taking out the gunpowder from real bullets because of the time pressure crew members were under.” The lead tip of the dummy bullet became lodged in the barrel of the gun and, “pushed out by the blank charge, scratched the bottom of the shopping bag before perforating Lee’s navel, and managed to puncture the stem of the aorta where it branches to provide blood supply to the legs.”

No criminal charges were ever filed in Lee’s death, but his mother, Linda Lee Cadwell, did file a lawsuit against the producers and production company, which was eventually settled. In 2005, Massee spoke out about the accident for the first time. It absolutely wasn't supposed to happen. I wasn't even supposed to be handling the gun until we started shooting the scene and the director changed it,” he said. Afterward, “I just took a year off and I went back to New York and didn't do anything. I didn't work. What happened to Brandon was a tragic accident ... I don't think you ever get over something like that.”

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

But nothing ever happens. Or at least almost never. The Crow was what, almost 30 years ago. Tens of thousands of films must have been made around the world since using guns without any incidents. I think more people died in various stunts or production related traffic accidents.   

So yeah lets keep using guns that have the potential to fire a fatal round as opposed to finding a way to use a gun that simply won't project a missile just because it only happens rarely. Billions spent on CGI etc but a few extra quid to find a safe way for actors to act out scenes is a step too far. She wasn't a stunt lady for fuck sake. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Reading the latest reports,I may have been a tad hasty in declaring this a murder. I trust this retraction suffices and I’m not going to be sued for libelling a Hollywood A lister on an obscure football forum. 

Obscure? This is THE premier forum for Liverpool supporters. All the other forums are shite. TLW is world renowned as the best place to post. 

A similar thing to this happened to my mate when we were teenagers. I had a BB gun and it had a clip in cartridge that I’d fill up with plastic ball bearings. My mate took hold of the gun while I was busy loading the BB’s into the clip, then pointed it straight at his girlfriend’s forehead from point blank range and pulled the trigger. It turned out that there was a BB stuck in the gun and he’d shot his bird in the fod. She wasn’t his girlfriend after that and she walked around with a big red scab on her head for about a fortnight. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

A similar thing to this happened to my mate when we were teenagers. I had a BB gun and it had a clip in cartridge that I’d fill up with plastic ball bearings. My mate took hold of the gun while I was busy loading the BB’s into the clip, then pointed it straight at his girlfriend’s forehead from point blank range and pulled the trigger. It turned out that there was a BB stuck in the gun and he’d shot his bird in the fod. She wasn’t his girlfriend after that and she walked around with a big red scab on her head for about a fortnight. 

My mate shot me in the head with a "gat" right on the bonce. Blood everywhere. It looked worse than it was. 

31 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Obscure? This is THE premier forum for Liverpool supporters. All the other forums are shite. TLW is world renowned as the best place to post. 

I did that to my mum and shot her about 2mm below the eye.  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Some saying the gun was loaded with real bullets and not blanks. Probably HR. 

They’re too careful and will have a procedure to worm out of it and dodge responsibility.

You’ll never convict anyone in HR. Back covering arseholes all of them.

I mean fat, hormonal, back covering arsehole wenches. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

So yeah lets keep using guns that have the potential to fire a fatal round as opposed to finding a way to use a gun that simply won't project a missile just because it only happens rarely. Billions spent on CGI etc but a few extra quid to find a safe way for actors to act out scenes is a step too far. She wasn't a stunt lady for fuck sake. 

But wouldn't the fact that if almost never happens suggest they have the safety issue under control and someone seriously fucked up here? You cannot prevent everything. And we still don't know what actually happened.

37 minutes ago, SasaS said:

But wouldn't the fact that if almost never happens suggest they have the safety issue under control and someone seriously fucked up here? You cannot prevent everything. And we still don't know what actually happened.

You can prevent people getting shot by not having actual guns on set 

• Upvote 1