You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter of discontent

littletedwest

22 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Lot of complaining going on here. Think of the bright side, on Monday morning you can ring your boss, tell him/her that you can’t come to work because there’s no petrol left in the U.K., then you can sit at home and drink whiskey all day. 

Wouldn’t touch that Irish shit,  Brexit means Brexit!  

Queues by ours are stretching out of the supermarkets and down the roads. We’re on less than a quarter of a tank and we need the car for four long drives tomorrow. 

I’d settled down in my slobs to watch the golf but I’ve had to put some clothes on and now I’m heading out to join the cock queue. If there’s no diesel left tomorrow I’ll be up shit creek. 

My light is on with about 40 miles left in the tank, luckily I'm not needing to go anywhere and the wife just queued for about an hour on her way home from work and filled hers up so I can always use that.

Just been the Asda in my car for food shopping, the carpark was ramned with cars queuing to get onto the petrol forecourt.

Dickheads.

I’m not too sure it’s Brexit related in truth, we have shortages here as well as militias blocked the supply lines between Khartoum and Port Sudan and are holding them to ransom.

All our markets are fully stocked with fresh fruit and veg and pretty much everything though.

I just assume it’s Blighty’s militias playing up, right?

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Queues by ours are stretching out of the supermarkets and down the roads. We’re on less than a quarter of a tank and we need the car for four long drives tomorrow. 

I’d settled down in my slobs to watch the golf but I’ve had to put some clothes on and now I’m heading out to join the cock queue. If there’s no diesel left tomorrow I’ll be up shit creek. 

Scratch that. It’s all over Facebook, confirmed that there’s no diesel in town at all. One of the petrol stations is due a delivery at midnight and that’s common knowledge too. If I’m still up I might go and join the fun, but then that’s wasting the diesel I already have…

People should be asking why Hanna Hoyer, BP's agent for tanker deliveries, has her drivers on IR35 contracts. These give the drivers absolutely no employee benefits and protection. No pay when not working whether sick or holidays, no pension provisions unless they pay for them themselves. All on sub 50 grand wages.

Less than 20 BP filling stations had supply issues before today and Hoyer is gobbing off saying it's getting worst? Fucking take me back home.