Sign in to follow this  
littletedwest

Winter of discontent

So the tabloids are calling this the new winter of discontent. Covid, end of furlough, food and fuel issues and sky rocketing gas prices. 

Just been get petrol and had queue,  I actually needed petrol but had queue for half an hour

Same here. I fucking need petrol as well, I'm on the thin red line here. Fuck sake. 

Covid

Brexit

Non existent trade deals

Petrol

Gas

Bill increases

Council tax increases next year

Food shortages

Delivery shortages

You wouldn't think we were one of the richest countries in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'd like to think this would be the point at which the penny would finally drop but the thick cunts will still somehow blame corbyn.

They've got the mass media and social media sewn up. I genuinely don't know what the answer is. 

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

My mate was shopping at tesco this morning and seen someone filling up his car and 4 Jerry cans

Absolute prick.

14 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

My mate was shopping at tesco this morning and seen someone filling up his car and 4 Jerry cans

Posted this in another thread but you can predict that some dick will accidentally burn to death in a shed full of stockpiled petrol in the coming days. People are fucking morons. 

36 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

So the tabloids are calling this the new winter of discontent. Covid, end of furlough, food and fuel issues and sky rocketing gas prices. 

Just been get petrol and had queue,  I actually needed petrol but had queue for half an hour

It's a fucking joke. We're late in September and there wasnt a hint of any fuel shortage. From time to time, our local BP locks off a pump or two when a number of people have filled up in a short space of time even with no 'shortage' being shouted about.

It was reported a 'handful' of stations had locked off a few pumps and the next thing you know, Hanna Hofer head of Hofer tanker deliveries is shouting her mouth off that the situation is 'very, very bad' even though 80 to 90% of deliveries are as normal.

Then the fucking papers start gobbing off about petrol running out and may have to be rationed? How the fuck does that work if more than 80% of deliveries are unaffected?

I wake up this morning to see the same dailys showing pictures of queues of drivers outside loads of fuel stations. Last time that happened, ALL the petrol stations were shut within 5 days.

Have they eaten all the bog roll they stocked up on yet?

• Upvote 1

The Liverpool Echo were pumping out panic buy posts on their social media this morning. Live reports from queues and pictures of forecourts. 

Fucking pricks just adding to the chaos. 

I checked the Tesco Twitter and there was a post saying matter of factly they had plenty of petrol and there was no need to panic buy. I guess that's not a story that would get clicks though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

I've rammed a fathom of petrol up my arse.

Thought you might have gone for a bit extra today 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thought you might have gone for a bit extra today 

I don't drive.

• Upvote 1

Muppets, I've filled up twice today (quarter tank each time as usual) and hysterical fannies are ranting at the service desk there's no normal diesel, only v power diesel. Fill up, fuck off and wind your stupid neck in. She stormed out refusing to pay the extra. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I'd like to think this would be the point at which the penny would finally drop but the thick cunts will still somehow blame corbyn.

Mate we all know they are shite but honestly no one gives a fuck about Jeremy Corbyn. 

• Upvote 1