You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

He is finished, and we're a much better team than we were when he was around.  He's slow, and has been found out. Either the game would go on around him while he stood and watched, or we'd have to significantly alter the way we play to accommodate him and present him with the ball.  Which he'd then lose a la Firmino.  

I don't think we are a better team. We were. We've pretty much regressed back to the team he left. But equally, even if you want to take the view of @Boss that his demise is being exaggerated, I don't think anyone would dispute he's not the player that left. But we're not going to build a team around him. We just need more hands (feet!). Last year we took kabak. He helped. He left. No reason coutinho couldn't do the same. I'd have him in midfield or attack before Chamberlain. Origi doesn't seem to have a return date any time soon, minamino is injured, so as it stands at the moment our front 3 is Chamberlain, Jota and firmino. 

Would I prefer us to go for someone long term and strategic who could contribute right now? Damn right. But those cunts in Boston are pretty unlikely to sanction any of that. They might allow us a loan deal though. 

57 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Seeing as they haven't taken a fucking penny out the club they haven't quite got the hang of this milking malarkey

You need to understand how investors make money. Then maybe you would get the hang of it. 

I reckon Havertz could be the next Salah and would really thrive if given a proper go. He looks like he could be a proper number 9 too; he’s tall, good in the air and ambidextrous.

Offer Chelsea £100m for Havertz and Gallagher, I reckon they’d take it. Wouldn’t cost the club too much as most of the cost could be covered by proceeds from sales of our fringe players.

- Bobby £15m

- Keita £30m

- Taki £10m

- Origi £15m

- Neco £10m

- Phillips £10m

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I reckon Havertz could be the next Salah and would really thrive if given a proper go. He looks like he could be a proper number 9 too; he’s tall, good in the air and ambidextrous.

Offer Chelsea £100m for Havertz and Gallagher, I reckon they’d take it. Wouldn’t cost the club too much as most of the cost could be covered by proceeds from sales of our fringe players.

- Bobby £15m

- Keita £30m

- Taki £10m

- Origi £15m

- Neco £10m

- Phillips £10m

There is no way Chelsea would sell Havertz to us.  They knew what they were getting into when they bought him, and they were well aware that he was not the finished article.  They specifically timed buying for when other teams had no money due to Covid, so will have planned to give him a few years to develop.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

- Bobby £15m

- Keita £30m

- Taki £10m

- Origi £15m

- Neco £10m

- Phillips £10m

I like you my man but this is a hilarious post for a plethora of reasons.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

- Bobby £15m

- Keita £30m

- Taki £10m

- Origi £15m

- Neco £10m

- Phillips £10m

Whoever pays £30m for Keita I’d like to shake their hand firmly with a strong gaze and say ‘They saw you coming a mile off’. 

39 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I like you my man but this is a hilarious post for a plethora of reasons.

Good to know Stacksy, but I’d rather you address the post rather than patronise. Chelsea have a habit of selling  their promising young players as we’ve seen in the last e.g., De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Sturridge. Havertz hasn’t really made a splash since his big money move. His best positions are occupied by Lukaku and Mount. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

There is no way Chelsea would sell Havertz to us.  They knew what they were getting into when they bought him, and they were well aware that he was not the finished article.  They specifically timed buying for when other teams had no money due to Covid, so will have planned to give him a few years to develop.

They’ve sold plenty of promising young players in the past.  I reckon Havertz could be the next one if we make the offer tempting enough. 

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Good to know Stacksy, but I’d rather you address the post rather than patronise. Chelsea have a habit of selling  their promising young players as we’ve seen in the last e.g., De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Sturridge. Havertz hasn’t really made a splash since his big money move. His best positions are occupied by Lukaku and Mount. 

Every single one of those were Mourinho in his first stint.  Don't think they've done too many lately.  Chelsea can be susceptible to some crazy shit though, so I'll give you a slight chance that they may cut ties with Havertz.  They still would be very unlikely to sell him (or anyone) to us though.  We only got Sturridge off them because they thought we were shit and desperate.

55 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Well sure, if you go point by point; 

-Havertz next Salah? What does that mean? That he becomes the best player in the world? Pretty unlikely. That they're similar players stylistically? Not at all. That they'll sell him after he's labeled a failure? Probably not. 

-Proper Number 9? This is especially funny because If anything he's a false 9, which you don't like. He's not a "proper number 9", he's someone who's "natural position" which you love to say, is behind the striker. 

-Then, buying an important player, nevermind two from Chelsea nowadays where we're legitimate rivals is exceptionally unlikely. 

-Finally, the cherry on top is saying Firmino is a "fringe player" and that he and Origi have the same value. Great banter. We may sell Firmino because his deal is running out and he'll be 30. Not because he's in the same boat as fucking Neco Williams as a "fringe player". 

Just the whole post is pretty crazy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well sure, if you go point by point; 

-Havertz next Salah? What does that mean? That he becomes the best player in the world? Pretty unlikely. That they're similar players stylistically? Not at all. That they'll sell him after he's labeled a failure? Probably not. 

-Proper Number 9? This is especially funny because If anything he's a false 9, which you don't like. He's not a "proper number 9", he's someone who's "natural position" which you love to say, is behind the striker. 

-Then, buying an important player, nevermind two from Chelsea nowadays where we're legitimate rivals is exceptionally unlikely. 

-Finally, the cherry on top is saying Firmino is a "fringe player" and that he and Origi have the same value. Great banter. We may sell Firmino because his deal is running out and he'll be 30. Not because he's in the same boat as fucking Neco Williams as a "fringe player". 

Just the whole post is pretty crazy. 

I explained what I meant by “next Salah”, someone who failed to perform and would thrive when given a proper go. 

Havertz played as a proper number 9 in his last season for Bayer, he was their top scorer. A real presence in the box, which Bobby isn’t and has never really been.

Neither Havertz nor Gallagher is an important player for Chelsea at present, but they could be for us. Gallagher would make a fantastic replacement for Hendo eventually as a right sided centre mid.

Bobby is a great servant but he’s currently a fringe player. If we’re honest he hasn’t really contributed since the injury he suffered before the CL final. 

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Every single one of those were Mourinho in his first stint.  Don't think they've done too many lately.  Chelsea can be susceptible to some crazy shit though, so I'll give you a slight chance that they may cut ties with Havertz.  They still would be very unlikely to sell him (or anyone) to us though.  We only got Sturridge off them because they thought we were shit and desperate.

Lamptey, Lukaku, Courtois, Tomori, Tammy Abraham are the more recent examples.

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

- Bobby £15m

- Keita £30m

- Taki £10m

- Origi £15m

- Neco £10m

- Phillips £10m

FF2E8B6F-8243-405F-B2D0-EF6E76FB3E25.png

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Keep seeing this players name pop up…

AFCF1908-F954-4FE0-8DC2-288E53D90334.jpeg

Looked alright against us in the CL and was top scorer in the Copa America last summer. 

The Ev will be jealous we’ve moved in on their Columbian fan base. 

Getting a lot of press .

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Keep seeing this players name pop up…

AFCF1908-F954-4FE0-8DC2-288E53D90334.jpeg

Looked alright against us in the CL and was top scorer in the Copa America last summer. 

The Ev will be jealous we’ve moved in on their Columbian fan base. 

I thought he looked very ordinary Scott. He’s also a left winger, and we have that position covered with Jota and Mane.

46 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I thought he looked very ordinary Scott. He’s also a left winger, and we have that position covered with Jota and Mane.

Unless Jota is seen as a #9 now and Mane isn’t going to be first choice any longer?