You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2021

The Woolster

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you can remember that far back, there ain't anything wrong with your memory.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast or where I left my keys, but I remember Paul Cooper had an incredible record for saving penalties. 

19 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Damn shame.

It's one of those things that make you question your memory; Ipswich Town were once very good.

Damn right.

I was at Portman Road the day Ian Rush made his debut for us. 13th December, 1980. 

Playing against us and to name but a few - Mariner, Thijssen, Butcher, Cooper, Muhren, Wark - Ipswich were a top team, with a top manager, back in the day. 

Cunt of a trip tho!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chip Butty said:

Damn right.

I was at Portman Road the day Ian Rush made his debut for us. 13th December, 1980. 

Playing against us and to name but a few - Mariner, Thijssen, Butcher, Cooper, Muhren, Wark - Ipswich were a top team, with a top manager, back in the day. 

Cunt of a trip tho!

Ipswich away was a decent trip, so was Norwich.

I can't read and oi can't etc..............................

Andy Fordham, the former BDO darts world champion, has died aged 59

0_Lets-Play-Darts-for-Comic-Relief-2015.

Fordham, who was nicknamed The Viking, beat Mervyn King in the 2004 final to win the title. 

After the triumph he took on Phil Taylor in a televised battle but fell ill during the match and had to withdraw. 

Fordham went into hospital last year for an operation on a bowel blockage. In January he contracted coronavirus, which he described as “the scariest thing” he had ever faced. 

However, he recovered and made plans to return to the oche, recently registering for next year’s World Seniors Darts Championship.

Dawn Foster. One of the very few actually decent pundits, who never compromised her principles, and didn't back down from the fight ever. Funny as fuck, too. Here she is giving the appropriate response - the only response, in fact - to The Scum:

Brooks, Graeber, and Foster in one year is really shitty. All taken far too soon.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Dawn Foster. One of the very few actually decent pundits, who never compromised her principles, and didn't back down from the fight ever. Funny as fuck, too. Here she is giving the appropriate response - the only response, in fact - to The Scum:

Brooks, Graeber, and Foster in one year is really shitty. All taken far too soon.

Just read that she got fired from the Guardian for writing this..Very sad 34 is no age at all

E6WtbeFXsAErVQd?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Tom O’Connor gone at 81.

About 15-20 years ago, there was a series of documentaries catching up with celebrities from the 70s and 80s; Leo Sayer, Bernie Clifton, Paul Daniels, etc. They were all a bit eccentric, to say the least; the whole series turned into a freak parade and the viewers were invited to point and laugh. 

Apparently, they filmed an episode with Tom O'Connor, but they never used it, because he was just a well-balanced nice bloke enjoying life with his family. 

• Upvote 6