Quantcast
FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name) - Page 11 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Spanner

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

Evertonians getting picked now, yesterday's result got everyone turned around...

Haven't thought through squad players at all, real grab bag stuff from here on out.

Squad players? I’ve got no idea what my first team will be. Shot my load too early on Kai Havertz. I don’t think his stats are as good on the game as you’d have imagined going off his reputation pre-Chelsea. Might be benching the cunt straight away. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha I know what has RB done that for on the defenders thread? Pure spite that 

That’s one word for it! 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have to confess, only having 2 goalkeepers in the squad is leaving me a bit anxious. What happens if they both get injured? Do we have some sort of randomly assigned cover?

How about we all have to pick a third goalkeeper who is under 21?

13 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

How about we all have to pick a third goalkeeper who is under 21?

I considered a third goalkeeper pick, but that would put the first pickers at an advantage. Unless it was combined with a 24th squad pick, a wildcard that could be any position.

Three keepers is actually a good idea, I reckon, whatever the stipulations. I don't really see it being a huge advantage to get an earlier pick in the third round, it's more a safeguard against a double injury. 

On a different note, it feels like absolutely ages since I've picked a defender.

3 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

On a different note, it feels like absolutely ages since I've picked a defender.

Same here, it's weird how the defender draft is moving so much more slowly than the midfield and attacker ones.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Same here, it's weird how the defender draft is moving so much more slowly than the midfield and attacker ones.

Yeah, and it's the longest one too with two extra picks... I've only got 2/8 players so far

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I considered a third goalkeeper pick, but that would put the first pickers at an advantage. Unless it was combined with a 24th squad pick, a wildcard that could be any position.

The wildcard was an option, but seemed pointless as a last pick and fucked everything up on the way the drafts are set up as we’d have to constantly cross reference.

I agree on the GK though, good idea.

It's probably worth clarifying what happens if you've already picked an under 21 goalkeeper, like I have. Is it an additional U21 or so long as one of your 'keepers is U21?

I do like the wildcard idea though, it would allow you to take a punt on a wonderkid. If everything is in the spreadsheet then everyone should be able to check pretty easily at the end, right?

Edit - equally, don't make it any more difficult, you've already put shedloads of effort in, Bruce.

2 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

It's probably worth clarifying what happens if you've already picked an under 21 goalkeeper, like I have. Is it an additional U21 or so long as one of your 'keepers is U21?

You can choose three keepers, one must be under 21.

Seem fair? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

As you can guess, this started as an idea and not a fully formed plan....

Its great mate, don't worry about it, appreciate the effort. Now that I've stopped mucking about trying to do it on my phone I'm well in to it, Brexit midfield and all.

As a wildcard, we could do what I used to do when playing this when I was younger - add yourself in as a clone of any player!

23 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I literally came here to just posts similar. I've not picked one since Wednesday morning.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I literally came here to just posts similar. I've not picked one since Wednesday morning.

The defenders thread has been where most ‘obstruction’ has been...

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The defenders thread has been where most ‘obstruction’ has been...

It's moving slower than Stig's centre backs.

26 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Yes.

I'm not really objecting because I don't think it'll matter much, but I don't think this is fair really because a lot of the U21 keepers will be shit whereas you picked yours out of choice, so you'll essentially have three good keepers 

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

I'm not really objecting because I don't think it'll matter much, but I don't think this is fair really because a lot of the U21 keepers will be shit whereas you picked yours out of choice, so you'll essentially have three good keepers 

Yeah but my third choice keeper won't exactly be all that after 39 other picks! I don't mind either way, I'd also be happy if I had to pick another U21 keeper. 

4 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Yeah but my third choice keeper won't exactly be all that after 39 other picks! I don't mind either way, I'd also be happy if I had to pick another U21 keeper. 

Yeah, they're still going to be much, much better than the 10th best U21 keeper I would suspect. 

52 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

As you can guess, this started as an idea and not a fully formed plan....

No shit

65a174b585aa6ef18e29f5df9f2eb47a.jpg