You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 2 Spurs 1 (Dec 16 2020)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

I’m so made up with this. Absolutely buzzing. If we hadn’t won it would have been a massive travesty as Spurs deserved nothing from this game. It blows my mind that some ‘neutrals’ seem to have bought into the Mourinho spin about how well Spurs played.

We’ve seen countless teams come and do what Spurs did, but none of them were top of the table when they did it. There’s nothing impressive or valiant about what they did. They played like a relegation threatened side and got exactly what they deserved. Fuck all.

We were brilliant and absolutely dominated this game from start to finish. The occasional breakaway or chance that came from alehouse balls up the middle don’t change that.

“Ze best team lost”. Been a while since we’ve heard that trademark bullshit from the little gobshite. 15 years apparently since he first said it. Time flies. Alarmingly. 15 years?? Fucking hell.

Klopp’s face when he heard that was a picture. At first you could see him wondering if he heard it right and he asked him to repeat it. When he did, Klopp just started laughing at him and then patted him on the back. As far as condescending gestures go, it was a little disappointing. Should have patted him on the top of the head.

It’s not mind games though, as in Mourinho’s warped little bus parking head I have no he believes they did deserve to win. Why? Because his gameplan is defend, frustrate and wait for counter attacks or mistakes. They did that but they didn’t convert the chances when they came.

Here’s the thing though, it’s a risky as fuck gameplan because you’re relying on the opponent missing their chances. And we did miss chances. Loads of them. If we’d converted a couple more of them then this would have looked like a shite performance from Spurs. There is nothing clever about what he did. Nothing at all.

It’s a fine line between a “Mourinho masterclass” and an absolute steaming turd of a performance. He treads that line all the time in big games, yet when it goes wrong he hardly ever gets the criticism his shithousery deserves. On the odd occasions it works though, there’s a line all the way around the block of pundits wanting to hail the latest “Mourinho masterclass”. Get to fuck you lazy, narrative driven bastards.

We were brilliant in this game. We dominated possession, played some fucking beautiful football and had at least three times as many chances as Spurs did. Anything they did was the result of a rare counter attack or a hopeful punt upfield. I can’t stress this enough.

It actually bothers me a little that they were still level so late in the game as we deserved far better than that. I’d say this was our best performance of the season. It was one of those when you could tell that everyone knew we needed a performance and they went out and dominated.

The midfield three were incredible. I mean, the whole team was excellent, but those three in the middle were just fucking immense all night. Hendo played like he always does, Wijnaldum was in ‘Big Game Gini’ supercharged mode and Curtis was absolute quality. They bossed the game from first minute to last.

In the build up to the game Mourinho did one of ‘those’ press conferences. Ones when he knows he’ll have everyone talking about ‘good old Jose’. He went through our starting line up but only named ten players. He forgot Jones, which is hardly surprising as he’s been overlooking talented young players his entire career in management.

He won’t forget him next time. Not after Curtis went the full Iniesta on him. What a performance this was from the kid. He just oozed class and maturity all night. What a player he is already, let alone what he is going to develop into.

This is only a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

• dave u pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Marcas said:

Was it just me or was Taylor getting in the way of passes all night long...? I’ve seen a few of them at it but nothing close to that fucker last night...

He was constantly in the way. Manc twat. 

Top quality report again.  I missed Son's goal as the Mrs came down and got me to sign some gift cards. Watching the reply its clear Son if off by a whisker.  Like I said in the match thread. VAR! What is is good for? Absolutely nothing! 

• Upvote 1

Great report again, Dave, even though it seems you wrote what my 12 years old son said !

it is our best game in PL this  season, the midfield three was terrific.

Mané was not very good at first, but he grew with the game going on. Salah was good but but that’s our left hand side which won us that game. Mané was very good in the last 20 mn, and Robbo, well, was Robbo, very good again.

MOM Fabinho, he was outstanding and I’m sure he helped young  Williams to stand up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marcas said:

Was it just me or was Taylor getting in the way of passes all night long...? I’ve seen a few of them at it but nothing close to that fucker last night...

He looked like he was trying to block the passing lanes to Mane and Robertson in particular, kept looking over his shoulder when he should have been looking at the ball.  I'm sure it's just paranoia about him though.

• Upvote 1

Agree about Taylor constantly being in our passing lanes. Gini and Hendo were constantly having to adjust themselves to pass around him.

Totally forgot about the Dier handball. Pen for me because the ball travelled about 40 yards before it hit him. He overshot it because he was wrestling with Mo instead of watching the ball. 

It was way more of a pen than at least 50% of the handballs that have been given this season.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tlw content said:

“Ze best team lost”. Been a while since we’ve heard that trademark bullshit from the little gobshite. 15 years apparently since he first said it. Time flies. Alarmingly. 15 years?? Fucking hell.

Klopp’s face when he heard that was a picture. At first you could see him wondering if he heard it right and he asked him to repeat it. When he did, Klopp just started laughing at him and then patted him on the back. As far as condescending gestures go, it was a little disappointing. Should have patted him on the top of the head.

To quote Fat Sham, Klopp "out-tactic'd" the dimunitive Portuguese. Must have been quite the blow to his ginormous ego.

• Upvote 2

Spurs are basically Burnley only with two genuinely world class forwards. Put Son and Kane in a Sean Dyche team and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference 

Great report that Dave I know there isn't a cat in hells chance of Shitcoat seeing that description of his team but if he did its bound to hurt 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Marcas said:

Football365 commented that 'Taylor did a good job closing down Henderson's passing lanes' or words to that effect. The twat is so outrageously biased. Sissoko and Aurier were doubling up to foul Sadio all night - nothing -  yet when Sadio just leans slightly into Aurier it's a foul. Lawrenson's commentary on LFCTV - 'he just doesn't understand the game'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Football365 commented that 'Taylor did a good job closing down Henderson's passing lanes' or words to that effect. The twat is so outrageously biased. Sissoko and Aurier were doubling up to foul Sadio all night - nothing -  yet when Sadio just leans slightly into Aurier it's a foul. Lawrenson's commentary on LFCTV - 'he just doesn't understand the game'.

I've been whinging to anyone that will listen about Mane get hacked all night with no protection, glad to see someone else saw it too 

• Upvote 1

I could only watch the match on a really really shitty stream so I missed huge chunks of the game, every time the picture froze I would count the number of spurs players in it and it was always ten camped on the edge of their own box every single fucking time. So how that twat can claim they were the best team I don't know.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic