You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caoimhin Kelleher

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

He is a good keeper but more importantly, he has the temperament to play for LFC. That's rare

I like how very pissed off he was after conceding today. He usually isn't too emotional but it was great to see he really wanted that clean sheet and what was basically a consolation goal really annoyed him.

33 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Thank fuck we didn't sell him. 

We should be doing everything possible to keep him as we need a really good back up. I expect we could double his wages and he’d still be one of the worst paid in the squad.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, aws said:

We should be doing everything possible to keep him as we need a really good back up. I expect we could double his wages and he’d still be one of the worst paid in the squad.  

Agree. But will he stay is the question as I think he will easily get similar sort of wages elsewhere as a first choice goalie. Hope he stays though, we will struggle to find a backup goalie nearly as good as him.

Adrian between the posts fills me with pure dread.

10 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Agree. But will he stay is the question as I think he will easily get similar sort of wages elsewhere as a first choice goalie. Hope he stays though, we will struggle to find a backup goalie nearly as good as him.

If kelleher leaves, Adrian won't be 2nd choice. We'll get someone else in. In fact I wouldn't be shocked to see Adrian leave with klopp in the summer. I'm sure his "good lad" value will mean less to a new coach than it does to klopp who's worked with him for years. 

I think Kelleher is a prime example of 'use it or lose it.' Players,especially GKs,need to be playing at least semi regularly at a good level so as to keep their standards high. Kelleher was a bit rusty on his first few outings after a long time out of the first team while now I'd say he's in the top 3 or 4 in the whole division with plenty of match practice under his belt.

I thought Adrian’s contract was up in the summer, did he not get a one year extension last summer?

Kelleher has played more than ever this season though, Adrian is not really a worry at all, he’s just there to make up the numbers. 

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

10 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Kelleher has a good head on his shoulders.

I think he knows he’s young, he’s winning trophies and interacting with Allison weekly is a much better education he could get being the West Ham/ Brighton GK.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Kelleher has a good head on his shoulders.

I think he knows he’s young, he’s winning trophies and interacting with Allison weekly is a much better education he could get being the West Ham/ Brighton GK.

He is 25. He has been under Ali for nearly 6 years. I am not sure there is much else to learn other than learning on the field being a first choice GK. He can easily be the first choice in a lot of clubs. Especially when there are a lot of jokers between the sticks in the PL.

8 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He is 25. He has been under Ali for nearly 6 years. I am not sure there is much else to learn other than learning on the field being a first choice GK. He can easily be the first choice in a lot of clubs. Especially when there are a lot of jokers between the sticks in the PL.

And the money chucked about for them too. 20m for that Trafford at Burnley. Scandalous that. 

21 hours ago, Code said:

I thought Adrian’s contract was up in the summer, did he not get a one year extension last summer?

Kelleher has played more than ever this season though, Adrian is not really a worry at all, he’s just there to make up the numbers. 

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

Something easy to forget, there - Adrián played 11 league games when we won it.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Something easy to forget, there - Adrián played 11 league games when we won it.

Has Angry just dropped a huge hint about what departing, affable German coach Jurgen Klopp needs to do to win the title?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He does look a good keeper that lad,but 20 million? FFS!

I think he's fucking shit. He makes a few saves here and there (all keepers should do that). He has no idea where the ball is in the air on crosses and he's often just in awful positions for shot stopping. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think he's fucking shit. He makes a few saves here and there (all keepers should do that). He has no idea where the ball is in the air on crosses and he's often just in awful positions for shot stopping. 

I wonder if this is future for young keepers. He's at an age where before this season he's probably never faced a corner where 4 yard dogs are on his toes, in his Man City days he probably never even launched a goalkick into the opposing half. In under age football now, at the top level anyway, the ball doesn't leave the ground. CB's don't know what an aerial onslaught is, its all patterns of play and ball retention. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He does look a good keeper that lad,but 20 million? FFS!

34 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That transfer is yet another example of their cheating. £20m for a guy that hadn't played competitive football any higher than League one!

Kelleher should be at least double the value of Trafford! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I cant vouch for more than our games but I thought he did well considering the team he plays for. In fairness he shouldnt be a regular in the PL with his age and experience and has been said his transfer was just another Abu Dhabi money laundering exercise therefore it's way over valued.

• Upvote 1

He did well Saturday but I'm far from convinced. He's a great back up but I highly doubt he wants to remain that way. If we sell him then a buy-back clause is a no brainer as he needs to be No1 at another top flight team for a few seasons to see how good he really is.