You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It fucks me off big time when you get these teams like leeds who bust a gut when they play us yet turn to shit when they play the likes of united. Fuck knows how Bielsa got anywhere near that FIFA World's Best manager shortlist.

Genuine question, do you really think teams put in a greater effort against us than they do against the other big clubs?

Apart from a few occasions, specifically a couple of certain managers away against United during the Ferguson years, I really find this a strange claim.

Wonder if Spurs fans are saying the same thing after dropping points to Palace and then see us brumming them 7-0 the week after. They probably are.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Don't like United being so close. Don't like any teams being so close.

Fuck off, other teams. We like our space.

Strange season. There are no unbeaten teams in 14 rounds, and only one team hasn’t had a draw (Leicester). However Leicester have lost five and are in 2nd place!! Crazy arsed shit right there. Sneaky fucking Manure are a danger, no doubt about it.

We need a non drawing unbeaten run right about NOW.

OOOOOOOO Bobby has 3 goals in 2 games.

• Upvote 1

Looking at it in the cold light of day, they have beaten Sheffield United and hammered a very naive Leeds (who could have had about four goals themselves). 6 points to be fair but if they dropped points they would be kicking themselves. Meanwhile we beat a genuine title rival and an awkward midtable team 7-0 away from home. 

We haven't learned anything new about them. They have some excellent players who exploit naivety well. They have always been a confidence side and right now their heads are up. They haven't had to put up with losing 4 points from poor decisions like we have or having so many big injuries to their main players. They nearly always get decisions going their way.

Having said that, Leeds were well up for it today. In fact, Bielsa seems an emotive type of bloke who probably had them well psyched up for this game and then they go and concede two goals in three minutes.

If they go to Leicester and win, then they are a real worry because that would be a proper result of a title challenger. 

45 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Strange season. There are no unbeaten teams in 14 rounds, and only one team hasn’t had a draw (Leicester). However Leicester have lost five and are in 2nd place!! Crazy arsed shit right there. Sneaky fucking Manure are a danger, no doubt about it.

We need a non drawing unbeaten run right about NOW.

OOOOOOOO Bobby has 3 goals in 2 games.

There's a name for that: It's called a winning run. Agreed on the timing, though, and the longer, the better.

We've well and truly reset, though, after the clusterfuck against Villa.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

We haven't learned anything new about them. They have some excellent players who exploit naivety well. They have always been a confidence side and right now their heads are up.

Yes, but this season that is enough to be very very dangerous, unfortunately.

We will need to get a result against them, probably two results.

And all this "Ole has to stay" reverse psychology that we're carrying on with is irrelevant and a touch paranoid; perhaps even getting to us fans a little I'd say.

It's as annoying as fuck, and I hope I'm wrong, but they are pretty good.

Leicester and Wolves up next. 

1 hour ago, skaro said:

And all this "Ole has to stay" reverse psychology that we're carrying on with is irrelevant and a touch paranoid; perhaps even getting to us fans a little I'd say.

It's not irrelevant. He's not very good and he's one defeat away from all the manc pundits and ex-players having a go at him again. Build them up and knock them down Skaro. It's the way of the media. We'll see how things look after the Leicester and Wolves games. A couple of two nil defeats and they've slipped away and they will want him out again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Leicester and Wolves up next. 

It's not irrelevant. He's not very good and he's one defeat away from all the manc pundits and ex-players having a go at him again. Build them up and knock them down Skaro. It's the way of the media. We'll see how things look after the Leicester and Wolves games. A couple of two nil defeats and they've slipped away and they will want him out again. 

Hope so.

5 hours ago, skaro said:

It's as annoying as fuck, and I hope I'm wrong, but they are pretty good.

It's not reverse psychology, I genuinely want him to stay on for as long as possible and if it takes them hanging around like a bad smell until the tail end of the season then so be it. They're shite and anyone getting their panties in a bunch over them needs to take a good hard look at themselves. They'll will be lucky to scrape fourth.

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

It's not reverse psychology, I genuinely want him to stay on for as long as possible and if it takes them hanging around like a bad smell until the tail end of the season then so be it. They're shite and anyone getting their panties in a bunch over them needs to take a good hard look at themselves. They'll will be lucky to scrape fourth.

Yes, I hope they're shite.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

League Cup Final pushed back to April 25th, in the hope that Wembley might be able to soak some fans by that point.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/december/carabao-cup-final-to-be-rescheduled/

Ok now imagine we were still in this and not Everton "Conspiracy to let the Red shite have their fans there its a disgrace etc" 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I've seen a fair bit of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, City this year, and they aren't in any fit state to win a game against us in the CL.  It's mad that we're 3rd faves behind Bayern and City.  I think our toughest rival will be Atleti, and they're 16/1.  

Atletico are the type of team that can drag you down to their level of attrition football and beat you with experience. The have some real quality in the team but Simeone prefers it if games become broken up. Last year we were poor in the first leg, and very unlucky in the second leg to have Adrian play an absolute stinker once we were on top. It often gets overlooked how much Atletico were under the cosh in that game. Like Sevilla, we can never get the upper hand against them.

Bayern are the type of team who when they get on a roll are very very difficult to stop. Just like us. They showed it last year and, while they've lost a key midfield fulcrum in Thiago, they've added even more pace and directness in attack. That said, Hansi Flick hasn't yet been put in a situation where things aren't going so well, so I've no idea how he and his players would react to adversity.

Barcelona and Real Madrid look to be in transition, and City this year seem to have focussed on becoming more resolute at the back, but they've also been less potent and dominant in attack.

I don't rule anything out because history has shown that even bang-average teams can go all the way. We showed it in 2005. Hell, Chelsea showed it in 2012, so it can be done.

26 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Atletico are the type of team that can drag you down to their level of attrition football and beat you with experience. The have some real quality in the team but Simeone prefers it if games become broken up. Last year we were poor in the first leg, and very unlucky in the second leg to have Adrian play an absolute stinker once we were on top. It often gets overlooked how much Atletico were under the cosh in that game. Like Sevilla, we can never get the upper hand against them.

Bayern are the type of team who when they get on a roll are very very difficult to stop. Just like us. They showed it last year and, while they've lost a key midfield fulcrum in Thiago, they've added even more pace and directness in attack. That said, Hansi Flick hasn't yet been put in a situation where things aren't going so well, so I've no idea how he and his players would react to adversity.

Barcelona and Real Madrid look to be in transition, and City this year seem to have focussed on becoming more resolute at the back, but they've also been less potent and dominant in attack.

I don't rule anything out because history has shown that even bang-average teams can go all the way. We showed it in 2005. Hell, Chelsea showed it in 2012, so it can be done.

I think we have a 1-0 advantage over every team in their heads as soon as we come out of the hat.  

Bayern were appalling against Leverkeusen at the weekend, but then again they will have a winter break. 

Sane looks shot, no idea what's wrong with him.  

Just now, magicrat said:

Just thinking the same, Fuck me this hard work with that boring cunt Hinchcliffe stating the blindingly obvious in as many words as possible 

Isn't it

Wondering why I'm bothering. Wanted to give my eyes a rest from painting so been  doing nothing all day and thought I watch the football. Should have watched some random simpsons episode for the 100th time instead