You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

26 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

It’s very high, yeah. I’m not entirely sure what to make of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if the more rational folk saw that report and thought ‘hmn... maybe I’m wrong on this’. Maybe I’m wrong and those few crazy bastards still supporting Starmer are on the turn. In short... I dunno. 

I suspect the 30% are the rational ones. How many of the people polled have read the EHRC report? Everyone else - including me and probably everyone here - is just going on hearsay.

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He said he was going to unite the party: it's his job, not mine, to figure out how. 

Are you fucking for real with this shit? You  said he was a poot leader because of he failed to unite the party. How can you possibly call him a poor leader for not uniting the party within six months if you don’t know what he should have done instead. If you can’t say what steps he should have taken to unit it, how can you possibly say what he is doing is poor leadership? This is utterly fucking pathetic.

I let most idiotic shit slide on here these days because it’s reduced from quality people to a bunch of clueless people who have never studied politics, never been involved in politics beyond popping to their local CLP, and don’t really know what they’re talking about, but this shit is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve never seen such a silly post from you as ‘it’s his job to work it out’. At least since last time somebody called Corbyn scruffy. Of course it’s his job, you’re criticising the job he is doing and the steps he is taking. It’s reasonable to ask what he should have done. Anything else is juvenile ’click his fingers and make everything ok’ territory. Pathetic. 

It's not just that he has failed to unite the party; it's that he has deliberately done the opposite.  A lot of good Labour activists are leaving.  Who is going to knock on the doors in the "Red Wall" constituencies in 2024?

Deliberately done the opposite! What a load of utter bollocks. Look at his approval within the party. Look at his approval outside of it, he hasn’t done the opposite he has started to hold people to account, as he said he would. That’s how you gain trust. You say something. You do something. That might not be your kind of leadership, but it is mine.

You’re very good at spewing out claims but terrible at giving examples of what else should be done. Who will knock on the doors of the red wall? Hopefully different ones to those who turned it blue, eh? 

The "unlawful discrimination" amounted to the actions of a tiny minority of Labour members. Corbyn inhereted a party with a stain of anti-Semitism and became the first leader to make a serious attempt to tackle it. Those efforts were deliberately hampered by McNicol and the rest of the anti-Corbyn gang. They only made headway when a Corbyn ally became General Secretary.  The Leader's office only got involved when they were invited in to speed up the process.

Oh my Jesus. Yes, okay. I think we’re almost done here. Corbyn inherited a problem, tried to tackle it, but it was the anti-Corbynites that stopped him. Read the report, and get off Corbyn’s balls. This is actually ridiculous. So much for your lies about not being a Corbyn fanatic. That’s exactly what you are and always have been. One look at the early Corbyn thread where you lose your shit over every criticism is enough to show your evident bias. 

Your hand-waving at the report is frankly gross. Show some fucking humility and honesty and criticise him for his role in this. It lists unlawful discrimination and harassment and you want to wave it away and point fingers at Starmer and, frankly, anybody but Corbyn. In short, fuck off. The noises in here today have really painted a picture, and it’s a grim one. 

Have you read Corbyn's statements today? In no way does he "belittle the report" - quite the opposite. He supports the findings of the report and calls for its recommendations to be implemented quickly.  And he does express remorse. 

Yes, unlike you who seems to have read it through the lens of twitter Corbynistas. You say, he supports the findings, he says ‘i do not support all of the findings’. There’s no remorse, no apology for his part. It’s a shocking and shameful set of findings and your defence here lays your own bias bare. 

You and I disagree on what leadership is

You're absolutely fuckin’ right about that. Only one of us has outlined the steps that would show good leadership. You just say ‘this is bad’ and can’t show what leadership steps he should take. It’s utterly ridiculous. Stick to shouting at Gnasher about Europe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This is what Starmer has opened himself up to 

Why would you be arsed about what the Tories say about a Labour leader? They brief against their own MPs, health officials, doctors, lawyers, coppers, kids, footballers, journalists. He's in good company.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not seen the full report yet, what period does it actually cover , does it go back to the McNicol era ? as if it does this is being deliberately avoided on most outlets.

I don't think it makes it clear who was responsible for what, or what group of individuals were in charge of the process for each criticism highlighted. It's not helpful, in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The whole thing is fucking tragic, Corbyn seems a good man, Starmer seems decent, the party is filled with good people (and some shitbags too) but this shouldn't be the fight, the fight should be against the Tories yet here we are. What a disaster. 

Hard to disagree with that one.

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s not “clumsy terminology” to repeat a common anti sentimic trope that prominent Jews are part of an organised pro Israel lobby, it’s anti Semitic. 

Most of the people mentioned are members of an organisation called Labour Friends of Israel , how organised does it need to be. Are some of them behind on their subs ?

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I woke up this morning and the EHRC is out and Starmer sacked Corbyn. Fucking hell. I will read the report and revert

Fucking hell, this hot take could be fucking epic.  

‘Well, ever since Jess Philips threatened to murder Jeremy on the steps of Parliament...’

• Upvote 2