You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Nice.

But you haven't answered the question. Both Truss and Reeves are constantly saying  'Growth" will ignite the economy. What's the difference between the two of them?

Have you answers Kepler yet? Or points made to you a week ago when you were going to watch the match so couldn’t answer then? 
Regardless, the working people of our country are materially, politically and socially, worse off because of Brexit.

One is chasing growth by borrowing to fund futures infrastructure, create jobs and stimulate regional economies, the other by cutting taxes for the wealthiest to stimulate the economy through trickle down, completely discredited, and dangerous economic theory.

I'd say they're dammed near identical in truth, if only you ignore everyfuckingthing about them and wore your lobotomy with pride.

• Upvote 3

Interesting to see Global (owners of LBC) at the Tory conference with a stand.

In a few places round here these massive black 2001 looking monolith screen points have appeared to spew their (LBC) messages out. Nothing says thriving community like takeaways, vape shops, Cash converters and 20 alkies playing with a flyaway next to a 10 ft globally integrated media platform and closed office blocks. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, clangers said:

Just astonishing isn't it? She really is self obsessed, lacking any self awareness and dangerously stupid. She screwed up the economy and only lasted as PM for 49 days. Previous generations of politicians would have retired and returned to private life in shame and yet Liz is back refusing to take any responsibility and blaming everyone else. Yet the Tories just love her.

I read earlier this week that she was attempting to blame New Labour in 1997 for being responsible for all the country's ill's.

They really are deranged and dangerous. 

Yeah some tory cunt was blaming immigration on Labour today.

She has definitely got some powerful Tufton St lobbyists behind her.That frog faced cunt was backing her today aswell.

The fucking mentalist actually thinks she was hard done by and should be given another chance.

If they lose the election I Hope see gets it.It will split the party in 2.

4 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

If Rishi was any kind of leader with any kind of spine he'd have volleyed the 'small state' ex-ERG wing of his party into orbit upon receipt of his winning the leadership. They're a minority, albeit a noisy one, but instead of putting them in their box when he had the opportunity, he accommodated them like the coward he is with all too predictable consequences.

Compare and contrast with how Starmer dealt with the left in Labour.

Stepping Cat Come At Me Bro GIF

Are they the minority though?

I'm struggling to think of 1 John major type 1 Conservative type?

Braverman,Rees mogg,fabricant,gullies,Anderson,schnapps, etc..there seems be an endless line of these ultra wing mentalists screaming that our human rights should be removed.

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Yeah some tory cunt was blaming immigration on Labour today.

She has definitely got some powerful Tufton St lobbyists behind her.That frog faced cunt was backing her today aswell.

The fucking mentalist actually thinks she was hard done by and should be given another chance.

If they lose the election I Hope see gets it.It will split the party in 2.

If they lose the election badly, it wouldn’t shock me if they were desperate enough to shoehorn frog face king of the gammons into the party and make him leader. They are already a UKIP/Brexit party inspired shower of twats, why not go the whole way and have the twat who lead them there as leader?

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Are they the minority though?

I'm struggling to think of 1 John major type 1 Conservative type?

Braverman,Rees mogg,fabricant,gullies,Anderson,schnapps, etc..there seems be an endless line of these ultra wing mentalists screaming that our human rights should be removed.

I think you're conflating the 'hang em high 'social conservatives with the low tax types that I mentioned above. There is some crossover , but also some distinctions. I'm not sure I would put Grant Shapps in amongst Braverman et al either. And what do you mean by a John Major type? Someone who campaigned for Remain? A Tory that appears more reasonable after they've lost power than they did when they had it? Theresa May fits the bill on both counts, if that helps.

As for whether they're a minority, I think you only need to look at the size of the groupings. At its height the ERG was reckoned to have less than 100 members, while the group formed around Truss has around 60. As I said, they make a lot of noise (two of the MPs you mentioned have their own shows on GBNews) but don't confuse that for numbers.

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Rachel Reeves is the same as Truss. Starmer is the same as Donald Trump.

Rachel Reeves and Liz Truss both places "Growth" as their main solution to the country's economic woes. Both are against public investment to propel this "Growth". Both are against a tax on the wealthy. Both ar

e https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-policies-benefit-cuts-reeves-b2399406.htmlagainst a tax on the banks. Both are against taxing unearned income (Capital gains tax) as the same as earned income (income tax). Both believe in differing forms of trickle down economics.

Both of their plans have been slammed by leading economists. The main difference between the two is in the colour of the

rosette.

12 hours ago, bossy said:

Have you answers Kepler yet? Or points made to you a week ago when you were going to watch the match so couldn’t answer then? 
Regardless, the working people of our country are materially, politically and socially, worse off because of Brexit.

No but I'll tell you. The people of this country are not politically worse off because of Brexit because Camerons ploy to unite the Tory Party failed miserably its plunged the tory party into civil war and possible extinction.

As for materially the country offered nothing for poor people bar austerity and food banks in the decade leading up to us leaving the EU. It was no Glory age for lowest 40%.

36 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Lord Frost has mentioned he thinks the state pension age should rise to 75. Anything to pay less tax for these lot. If it means a 74 year old on a building site so be it.

I wish the cunts nothing but pain. I hope every single movement causes the Tory bastards excruciating agony.

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

If they lose the election badly, it wouldn’t shock me if they were desperate enough to shoehorn frog face king of the gammons into the party and make him leader. They are already a UKIP/Brexit party inspired shower of twats, why not go the whole way and have the twat who lead them there as leader?

yep

that was being hinted at yesterday

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Lord Frost has mentioned he thinks the state pension age should rise to 75. Anything to pay less tax for these lot. If it means a 74 year old on a building site so be it.

If it means every would-be Tory voter who's due to be affected by that fucking them off then I'm all for it. 

Old people and their pensions is basically the Tory vote these days.

5 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I see that cretin Thrasher's got upset at seeing the Tories getting a bashing in a Tory thread and is now drawing comparisons between Reeves and Truss because they both want growth in the economy, like growth in itself is a hard right ideal.

Absolute fucking grade a moron.

Not the only policy they have in common though is it? 

Anyway you're getting upset again. Have a nice picture to calm you down.

https://images.app.goo.gl/QmzHw13N476rrczD8

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I think you're conflating the 'hang em high 'social conservatives with the low tax types that I mentioned above. There is some crossover , but also some distinctions. I'm not sure I would put Grant Shapps in amongst Braverman et al either. And what do you mean by a John Major type? Someone who campaigned for Remain? A Tory that appears more reasonable after they've lost power than they did when they had it? Theresa May fits the bill on both counts, if that helps.

As for whether they're a minority, I think you only need to look at the size of the groupings. At its height the ERG was reckoned to have less than 100 members, while the group formed around Truss has around 60. As I said, they make a lot of noise (two of the MPs you mentioned have their own shows on GBNews) but don't confuse that for numbers.

yeah, maybe you cant really throw in shapps but there seem to be an endless procession of these ultra-right wing crackpots. Id probably have Badenoch in there aswell,

Major to me is like an old school tory. Still a cunt obviously but not one of these utter mentalists ranting about 15 minute cities and sticking asylum seekers on an island.(didn’t him and may both oppose the Rwanda scheme?)

Maybe the crackpots are getting more coverage or like you said, maybe they are just louder, but they do seem be a lot more visible than the "moderate wing"

If they do lose the election I think there will almost definitely be a split. There are people out there who think the current lot are not right wing enough, 

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Honestly don't know why people vote for them. Endless austerity with nothing in return. 

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Honestly don't know why people vote for them. Endless austerity with nothing in return. 

gb news did a poll yesterday

a tory mp,forget who, was calling people who are off work sick,lazy.

78% of people agreed with him.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

gb news did a poll yesterday

a tory mp,forget who, was calling people who are off work sick,lazy.

78% of people agreed with him.

That's not really representative though to be fair, GB news viewers are a special kind of helmet. 

That being said, the British working class is undoubtedly its own worst enemy thanks to Murdock and chums.

• Like 1