You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Banks destroy economy in 2008, we must regulate the banks.

"Don't tell the banks what to do that'll be counterproductive!"

Bank closes account of some absolute BUM.

"This is terrible, we must legislate to prevent this happening again."

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not sure all this media fuss given to a rich man having trouble with a bank that only allows in rich people will gain the amount of sympathy from the general public that some in the press think it will. 

Batshit cunts like Braverman are saying it's the Woke attack on everyone and the batshit knuckle-dragging Scum readers will lap it up.

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Go fuck yourself.  I'll use whatever means I see fit to voice my opposition to Labours cruel policy which will keep over a million kids in poverty. 

What's your veiw on the subject? You been quiet lately. 

Haha, you've spent several weeks clogging the thread, criticising Starmer. I was taking the piss, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

And I've literally said the 2 child cap decision is wrong. I don't need to post the same thing several different ways 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Not that this has anything to do with my argument about why people support cunts without them being thick, but to answer your question, it's tribalism plain and simple. People become invested in personalities, and defend them to the hilt, especially in the face of onslaughts from 'the enemy', in this case the 'woke' banks and the people defending their actions. 

It's the cult of personality that has polarised opinion and poisoned politics so much. Farage has benefitted (and been attacked) as a result of it in the same way as Johnson, Trump and, yes, Corbyn. Sensible, measured nuanced opinion doesn't count for much. And I realise I'm guilty of it too.

Because you said they focus upon things which people care about?

Who in their right mind gives a fuck about farage not being able to open an account for millionaires?

I think right now politics in this country is as mental as its ever been.

The government want to ship asylum seekers to Rwanda,yet the telegraph are trying to argue we have drifted to far too the left.

We have got senior government ministers genuinely argue against a decision made at the highest court in the land.

I know I have gone off point here but right now this country.feels like a total fucking basket case

Nice work if you can get it.

Full story: Truss and Kwarteng given more than £16,000 each after leaving office

Kiran Stacey

Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng received about £400 in severance pay for every day they were in office, according to government accounts published on Thursday.

The former prime minister and former chancellor each received more than £16,000 on leaving their jobs after just a few weeks, the Treasury’s annual report shows, while Tom Scholar, the department’s most senior civil servant, received £457,000 after being sacked by Truss.

The figures are contained in a series of annual reports from across government, which also show that Boris Johnson was given a payout of £18,660 after quitting as prime minister.

Truss and her allies saw Scholar, who was sacked on her first day in office, as representative of orthodox Treasury thinking, which they were determined to overhaul as part of their plan to bring in much lower UK tax rates.

Meanwhile the Department for Transport’s accounts show that Grant Shapps received £16,876 after quitting as transport secretary in September, even though he returned to government as home secretary six weeks later. He is now energy secretary.

Rishi Sunak, however, who spent just over three months out of government between quitting as chancellor and becoming prime minister, handed back his payout of the same amount.

Labour criticised Johnson and Truss for taking their payments after resigning, the former after a series of ethics scandals and the latter amid economic turmoil created by her government’s fiscal policies. UK mortgage rates rocketed after the Truss government’s mini-budget last September, and have not returned to the same level since.

Angela Rayner, Labour’s deputy leader, said:

After the mess they left our country in, they should be hanging their heads in embarrassment, not walking away with an enormous payoff.

At a time when people up and down the country are struggling to pay their mortgages and put food on the table, it shows a staggering lack of shame for Johnson and Truss to accept this money, but is exactly what we’ve come to expect from a bunch of Tories who only care about themselves.

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Gb news have been calling the banks communist this morning.

Can someone just make it stop?

That's judges, the queen, the Lords, the police, the military and the banks which the tories have branded woke in recent years. I'm forgetting who their base is.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Hearing Farage referred to as a 'Disingenuous grifter' repeatedly on the news today has been a real joy in an otherwise unremarkable day.

I hope it rumbles on...

He got an apology but still hasn't got his account back

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

Maybe he should move some of the money in his offshore accounts into this account?

I don't think he's particularly wealthy, in a relative sense obviously.

There were reports a couple of years back that he was on the breadline and only being kept afloat as he was clamped on to Aaron Bank's ample teet.

• Upvote 2

On 20/07/2023 at 08:43, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Absolute fucking state of this lying piece of shit, using his Parliamentary position to score party political points and appeal to the cunt vote.

Screenshot_2023-07-20-08-29-49-95_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

He really is a nasty little cunt isn't he.

The recycled same old shite in that with the usual soundbites they all parrot.

It's embarrassing, childish, deeply unprofessional shite. A sad reflection on a cunt and a party full of cunts.

It comes across as unhinged frankly.