You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

I don't know about Woke, I do know they were Broke.

Broke until we the public bailed them out. Maybe his time would be better served getting some of our money back now they are back earning fistfuls, leave the silly slogans aside. 

Just a general Tory moan.

Watched the first 5 minutes of the Competition and Markets Authority talking to a select committee on food and fuel price rises.  

They say that they don't understand why there has been no market reaction to Asda and Morrisons deciding to increase profit margins.  Historically, in capitalism and free markets, others will undercut them for some market share....but it's not happening. 

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just a general Tory moan.

Watched the first 5 minutes of the Competition and Markets Authority talking to a select committee on food and fuel price rises.  

They say that they don't understand why there has been no market reaction to Asda and Morrisons deciding to increase profit margins.  Historically, in capitalism and free markets, others will undercut them for some market share....but it's not happening. 

It's almost as if it's a cartel and there isn't a genuine market? I always thought that capitalism and by extension unrestricted market forces eventually leads to a single market provider in the end and therefore a monopoly? 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, clangers said:

It's almost as if it's a cartel and there isn't a genuine market? I always thought that capitalism and by extension unrestricted market forces eventually leads to a single market provider in the end and therefore a monopoly? 

Oh, they were sure to point out there was no evidence of a cartel.  

Obviously cartels leave evidence of being a cartel all the time, like not undercutting each other and quickly raising prices together.  But apart from that evidence there's no document called 'our cartel plan', therefore the CMA will chalk this down to Ukraine War, or something. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Oh, they were sure to point out there was no evidence of a cartel.  

Obviously cartels leave evidence of being a cartel all the time, like not undercutting each other and quickly raising prices together.  But apart from that evidence there's no document called 'our cartel plan', therefore the CMA will chalk this down to Ukraine War, or something. 

The amusing thing is that at some point in the distant future we'll probably discover that there is actually a document titled 'our cartel plans'.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, clangers said:

The amusing thing is that at some point in the distant future we'll probably discover that there is actually a document titled 'our cartel plans'.

And they were probably sent it, and signed it. 

Not a good look when the CMA just go ' I dunno' to the idea of capitalism being so out of control and what we can do about it.  It's obviously a cartel approach, and they obviously know it, and are not allowed to question it without 'facts'.  Broken. 

why are all right wing types conspiracy crackpots?

johnson was hounded out by a kangeroo court

frog face has been debanked

its cloudy so there isnt a climate crises .

Brexit was derailed by shadowy remainers

there is defenitely a pattern here

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, clangers said:

Interesting fact, the game monopoly was actually invented to show how pointless capitalism is, that's why the start is fun and the end is boring, where the eventual winner loans you money not to give you a realistic chance of getting back in the game, but only to prolong your agony.

13 hours ago, Arniepie said:

why are all right wing types conspiracy crackpots?

johnson was hounded out by a kangeroo court

frog face has been debanked

its cloudy so there isnt a climate crises .

Brexit was derailed by shadowy remainers

there is defenitely a pattern here

I think in recent times there has been a realisation by the right that the promulgation of disinformation can be more effectively undertaken through conspiracy theories as it gives the powerless individual the feeling of being in greater control as they 'really know what's going on'/ 'can peak behind the curtain', while giving them a right wing framing.

The lack of political education (i.e. this is what capitalism is, these are the competing forces within it...) means there are a lot of people looking for an explanation for things being tough in an age of almost fire hose information (that being the volume of content and information on the Internet) and conspiracy theories allow an accessible route to that heuristic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 23/07/2023 at 17:51, Scooby Dudek said:

Seeing as we're talking about the cunt here. 

Truely a man of the people and nt just a bigot and a racist;

And a thread about the commercial decision to offboard him from the posh cunts'bank and offer him an account with the normal people's bank.

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Can't make out what the issue is, the BBC said it was closed for financial reasons, and the actual main reason was stated that once his mortgage was repaid it was outside the financial parameters for Coutts.

Could you imagine the uproar of it came out that Corbyn had a Coutts account? They’d be baying the bank for his blood. 

10 hours ago, sir roger said:

Can't make out what the issue is, the BBC said it was closed for financial reasons, and the actual main reason was stated that once his mortgage was repaid it was outside the financial parameters for Coutts.

he said originally it was closed for his views on brexit.

unsurprisngly this turned out to be bollocks

it was a financial decision,which the bbc reported and like you say have apologised for.My guess is there was pressure from the governmnt.(the woman who was on newsnight is fuming because she thinks they have undermined her)

He is now cryarsing about his information being made public,despite the fact that he released it.

I Can see the odious cunt launching another go fund me.(straight out the trump play book)