You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Harry Kane proving once again he’s a twat, thick cunt hasn’t realised if the league is cancelled then his goals will be chalked off....

Happy as well that this guy and De Bruyne are the only two City players I actually like 

You have to be sporting': Ilkay Gundogan says he 'would be ok' if Liverpool were handed Premier League title due to coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8164877/Ilkay-Gundogan-says-ok-Liverpool-handed-Premier-League-title.html

42 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Not when they see all the lawsuits coming in. United want the season completed to get in to the cl. No club would gain from it not being completed. 

Spurs and possibly Chelsea would as it would give them a year of champions league football at the expense of Leicester and possibly Utd. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Spurs and possibly Chelsea would as it would give them a year of champions league football at the expense of Leicester and possibly Utd. 

The lawsuits that would hit the league would pretty much bankrupt every club. The clubs don't care about doing the right thing, they care about money. Our lot are no different to be fair.

They will not fuck over clubs like us, the Mancs and Leeds let alone all the clubs across the leagues that recognise the shitshow it would be financially. Their brand is exactly that and to fuck over a team 25 points clear would mean they would lose credibility which is not what they want. You can't void a season that is 75% complete as it impacts on the following season. The only way is to find a way to complete it when the time is right and take it from there. Uefa will ultimately want that and next season will start off much later with the possibility of domestic cups being cancelled. They found a way to change everything for wc2022, they will find a way here too.

We won't be living like this for the next 6 months because if we are there will be little of a country left. It will be closer to 2 months imo. A lot of people will die and the country will go through pain like Italy, Spain and China. There will be a deep recession and economic pain for a lot of great families. Football might not be a matter of life and death, but it will bring normality back to people's lives. 

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

6 fucking points. Other fans will delight in it for decades.

The same ones who are currently claiming football does not matter given what is going on (mostly to justify them wanting season voided to spite us) but watch it REALLY matter when they mock us mercilessly if and when it is voided.

• Upvote 3

I still can’t get over this notion that these very British morons seem to have that next season just starts with packed stadiums and a national clean bill of health. It’s as though Liverpool being robbed of the title by what would be an incontrovertibly corrupt league wipes Coronavirus away like a giant, sporting Dettol. 

If they are going to finish the season they should just let the two teams on 28 games play then everyone has played over 75 per cent. 

Was bored the other day looking at old European Cup games and saw that a lot of games were abandoned after crowd trouble. The teams leading at the time of the abandonment were awarded the game by a bog standard 3-0 and allowed to progress even if the game wasn't over halfway through.

Apart from the season world war 2 started which was abandoned after 3 games I dont recall reading about any other seasons being voided. That season couldn't have been played in any way shape or form but there is the possibility to restart this one.

So I wonder what the sudden rush is for it to happen now?. Anything to do with us being miles ahead at the top?

• Upvote 3

Also, and this might be because I’m feeling a bit peaky today and am hoping it’s the lack of sleep rather than my position as a key worker having exposed me to the virus, if we get denied the title it proves - to me at least- that Twin Peaks was actually an allegory for our title hunt, with our long exile in football’s equivalent of the Black Lodge ending in improbable failure after an heroic fucking return. We’re football’s Dale Cooper and we live inside a dream.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

If they are going to finish the season they should just let the two teams on 28 games play then everyone has played over 75 per cent. 

Was bored the other day looking at old European Cup games and saw that a lot of games were abandoned after crowd trouble. The teams leading at the time of the abandonment were awarded the game by a bog standard 3-0 and allowed to progress. 

Apart from the season world war 2 started which was abandoned after 3 games I dont recall reading about any other seasons being voided. That season couldn't have been played in any way shape or form but there is the possibility to restart this one.

So I wonder what the sudden rush is for it to happen now?. Anything to do with us being miles ahead at the top?

Article in the Sunday Times says that getting to 29 games is a plan they’re looking at in lieu of completion.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

The same ones who are currently claiming football does not matter given what is going on (mostly to justify them wanting season voided to spite us) but watch it REALLY matter when they mock us mercilessly if and when it is voided.

Had a look on GOT before and they are all desperate for lives to be saved and football not being important so the league gets voided. They are going out of their way to justify it happening knowing deep down that they couldn't care less about people dying as long as it preserves their "you haven't won the league" banter. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Had a look on GOT before and they are all desperate for lives to be saved and football not being important so the league gets voided. They are going out of their way to justify it happening knowing deep down that they couldn't care less about people dying as long as it preserves their "you haven't won the league" banter. 

Let them start next season with Silva.

As for Kane, Harvey knows

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Is right.

35 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I haven’t really given footy much thought for a couple of weeks but I’ve just been on there myself and looked at a couple of threads. It’s pretty fucking disgusting really. I genuinely pity the sad, hate filled gimps that are incapable of holding in their bile, even in a time like this. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I haven’t really given footy much thought for a couple of weeks but I’ve just been on there myself and looked at a couple of threads. It’s pretty fucking disgusting really. I genuinely pity the sad, hate filled gimps that are incapable of holding in their bile, even in a time like this. 

They are absolute cunts. I really hope they get done for FFP or just get relegated with tons of debt and a shitty wooden stadium that fails its safety certificate.

Uefa plan to finish season in August

Uefa have drawn up a number of scenarios to restructure the football calendarUefa have drawn up a number of scenarios to restructure the football calendarIAN MACNICOL/GETTY IMAGES
Martyn Ziegler, Chief Sports Reporter
Sunday March 29 2020, 6.00pm, The Times

Uefa is drawing up plans to finish this season in August and have shortened competitions next season in order to minimise the devastating effect of the coronavirus on European football.

The scenario is one of the plans being worked on by Uefa’s emergency working group looking at restructuring the calendar once the full effect of the pandemic is known.

Uefa’s decision to postpone Euro 2020 for a year will cost the organisation hundreds of millions of pounds, and it has been calculated that cancelling this season before the finish would cost both the European governing body and domestic competitions billions in lost TV revenue — £750 million for the Premier League alone.

Aleksander Ceferin, the Uefa president, has confirmed it would be possible to wait

Continue

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Fuck Everton, who gives two sloppy farts what they think? You seem utterly obsessed with them mate, who gives a fuck about the insignificant turds? Stop banging on about them.