You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

OK then. Find us some studies that tell us it's fine to be deficient in zinc at any time, never mind during a global pandemic.

When I said good idea I was putting it lightly.

That wasn’t what I said.  

You saw what happened when ivermectin was completely fraudulently claimed to be effective. People didn’t take the vaccine and hundreds of not thousands of people have died. Diverting people from the most effective treatment causes confusion and grifters step in. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

That wasn’t what I said.  

You saw what happened when ivermectin was completely fraudulently claimed to be effective. People didn’t take the vaccine and hundreds of not thousands of people have died. Diverting people from the most effective treatment causes confusion and grifters step in. 

I said it might be a good idea to make sure you're at least not deficient in zinc. It's definitely no ivermectin, it's an essential mineral.

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pretty rare for folks in first world countries to be zinc deficient - I think it is like 5 people out of a hundred and any multivitamin would have 100% or more of the daily requirement.

How many people out of 100 have been seriously effected by Covid-19? 

Could be on to something here... 

qXC83B.gif

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pretty rare for folks in first world countries to be zinc deficient - I think it is like 5 people out of a hundred and any multivitamin would have 100% or more of the daily requirement.

I'm sure there's a fair amount of people that think multivits/mins are a load of crap, and if they're older they could be lacking one or more of things like A, C, D, E, zinc, selenium that are important for the immune system. It might've helped cut down on the severity of some cases if the WHO and health authorities had at least mentioned this at some point during the last 2 years.

Maybe some of their staff and funding sources caused problems with basic things like that though and a trillion dollar pharma industry can interfere with health advice at times.

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If you can still contract it after having a vaccine, how would zinc have helped? 

I already said it in the previous post, it might've help cut down on the severity of some cases. Less vit/min deficiencies > better functioning immune systems in population > more equipped to deal with global pandemic.

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I already said it in the previous post, it might've help cut down on the severity of some cases. Less vit/min deficiencies > better functioning immune systems in population > more equipped to deal with global pandemic.

Why might it?  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

If you can still contract it after having a vaccine, how would zinc have helped? 

No point in wasting your time. There's just going to be more shifting of the goalposts. First, it was hydroxychloroquin that would do the trick. Then it was ivermectin. Now it's simple multivitamins that can prevent the adverse effects of Covid. I follow one loon on social media that functions as my view into the Covid conspiracy world and every day he's been putting up pictures of vitamin D or zinc every day as if he's the first one to discover them. The latest theory is the vaccine is poison and will kill those who take it in two years for the purposes of population control. I'll bet every cent I have I'll still be alive and he'll still be on the dole and living at home with his parents well into his thirties.

There'll never be any admission the vaccines are extremely safe and effective and by far the best bet for protecting yourself.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Em City said:

No point in wasting your time. There's just going to be more shifting of the goalposts.

There's absolutely no need to shift any goalposts when talking about how people deficient in key immune system vits and mins could do better against covid if those deficiencies weren't there. You could say that you're trying to shift the subject instead by bringing in vaccines and population control.

Easier to ridicule than accept I might have a very basic point about immunity against a virus, even when it's about the most basic level of immunity being attained for those with vit/min deficiencies.

Even when it's not talking about curing covid but instead helping some people lessen the effects.

Having any point when talking about how natural immunity could help lessen severity of covid can't be accepted though, I get it at this stage.

"Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness."

52 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's absolutely no need to shift any goalposts when talking about how people deficient in key immune system vits and mins could do better against covid if those deficiencies weren't there. You could say that you're trying to shift the subject instead by bringing in vaccines and population control.

Easier to ridicule than accept I might have a very basic point about immunity against a virus, even when it's about the most basic level of immunity being attained for those with vit/min deficiencies.

Even when it's not talking about curing covid but instead helping some people lessen the effects.

Having any point when talking about how natural immunity could help lessen severity of covid can't be accepted though, I get it at this stage.

"Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness."

Why would zinc give you natural immunity?  Who is trying population control?

why no comment on the grifters pushing ivermectin? 

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That was a fucking amazing series of South Park. 

yeah-i-member-memberberries.gif

I've not seen it, just saw the gif and liked it. I hardly ever watch tv now but whenever I saw South Park in the past it usually cracked me up, totally mental.

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Why would zinc give you natural immunity?  Who is trying population control?

why no comment on the grifters pushing ivermectin? 

I shouldn't have said natural immunity, I meant the immune system functioning naturally against a virus. Bad choice of words and my own fault, if you want to twist it as me meaning natural immunity as in having had covid though whatever. I wouldn't need to try and bring zinc into natural immunity after having covid though because natural immunity after covid is already widely accepted, that'd make no sense.

But whatever the case, without covid, with covid, vaxxed or unvaxxed, it's obvious that not being deficient in immune system vits and mins should help. But somehow here it seems controversial to a few.

Em City said population control was the latest theory not me so you're asking the wrong person.

No longer interested in ivermectin because having a balanced talk about it with all of the propaganda going around seems like a waste of time and energy.

38 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've not seen it, just saw the gif and liked it. I hardly ever watch tv now but whenever I saw South Park in the past it usually cracked me up, totally mental.

Season 20, it was. You ought to watch it. It was one long story arc instead of standalone episodes and relevant here in a funny way. Most of of it was based around the trolling of internet message boards and lots of piss taking of Donald Trump. Seriously laugh out loud stuff. In fact, I think I might rewatch it myself!

When you see it, come back here and look at the point of the discussion where you posted that gif. It will give you a chuckle. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Propaganda? Fucking hell.  Instead of jumping behind every idea that either doesn’t have any impact or may have a marginal impact why not get behind the one that’s proved to fucking work?  

I'm not taking the vaccine so I'm not getting behind it. I'm interested in alternatives though so vits and mins, other supplements and medications are naturally interesting to me seeing as my health could depend on them in the future.

I know that some of us having a choice about what we put into our own bodies in the post-covid era is such a controversial thing too, but I don't think there's much I can do about masses of people all over the planet becoming more authoritarian since covid arrived.

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Season 20, it was. You ought to watch it. It was one long story arc instead of standalone episodes and relevant here in a funny way. Most of of it was based around the trolling of internet message boards and lots of piss taking of Donald Trump. Seriously laugh out loud stuff. In fact, I think I might rewatch it myself!

Thanks, that seems like something I'd get into as well. I'll probably try it if I need some comedy to watch soon.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Moron 

Yes, choice now equals moron. If you've been noticing I've not been saying bad things about the vaccines either (or if I have it's not been any type of regular thing) and I still think people should make their own mind up. I'm not here to shit on the vaccines.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks, that seems like something I'd get into as well. I'll probably try it if I need some comedy to watch soon.

I wasn’t asking you. I’m telling you to watch it. It’s full of Member Berries which are full of all sorts of vitamins, minerals, wisdom and nostalgia which have been scientifically proven to help against Covid. 

The papers haven’t been peer reviewed yet but anecdotally I know loads of people that have watched it and none of them have had Covid. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I wasn’t asking you. I’m telling you to watch it. It’s full of Member Berries which are full of all sorts of vitamins, minerals, wisdom and nostalgia which have been scientifically proven to help against Covid. 

The papers haven’t been peer reviewed yet but anecdotally I know loads of people that have watched it and none of them have had Covid. 

Ok will do once I've stopped playing games so much. I've not seen any tv series in ages so it could get me back into watching stuff and if it gets me out of this thread a bit more that's good too.

29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’ve got to be careful though. Take too many and things can go drastically wrong. 

If you meant that seriously I don't take a lot of stuff and alternate between some of what I do have on different days. Mostly vits and mins but some are different combinations/types/strengths so I try to be careful. Definitely not into the idea of taking loads of different things each day and I try to focus on decent food that has good nutrients when I can as well.

• Upvote 1